+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

Rift Disciple

I cant say that i am fully objective about this pts change since it will most likely hurt my income but:

I was never a quester or a completionist, i enjoyed pvp and raiding, mostly competitive or challenging content. But artifact hunting in ptw caught me, it was challenging in its own way to be effective with it, and had lots of fun with it.
    On one side, i am more glad if Trion makes money from something like this, rather than further insulting f2p or selling current tier gear but....

My questions are: Dont you feel that this will degrade the whole artifact hunting into plat farming or $ burning? Dont you feel that this is insulting to those people who put great time and effort into completing harder sets? Dont you find it suspicious that no decent collection oriented game, like trading card games, ever pulled off something like "directly selling rares"? Wont it degrade "rare" into "expensive"? Did Simon gave his blessing to this easily? considering it turns all the work he put into spots, sets and ptw to "lol its at the riftstore anyway, i just get plat/rex"?

Personally i get uninterested in anything that is simply purchaseable by money, since the most effective way to compete will be using the most possible money.
    Last edited by Tetmes; 02-15-2016 at 08:21 PM.

General of Telara

ok so I counted all the new sets on the pts and it looks like its possible to complete 1,402 sets but I see where 2 sets are a mistake.

1,351 current total on live
    +6 PvP primalist bounties (I assume the drop rate got better)
    +29 PTW twisted sets
    +14 carnival sets

then the 2 unintended sets:

1) "The Seventh Nightmare" <-- This set can be completed by the new artifact system and needs to be removed from the game entirely until they can drop.

2) "Burning: The Fire Dance"<--- this set is a typo of the set "Burning: Carnival: The Fire Dance" and I'm pretty sure is a mistake.

new total after removing the 2 I listed should be 1,400. There are 2 sets I feel are not named correctly:

1) "Twisted: S'aralet Lavinrac" should be named "Twisted: Carnival: S'aralet Lavinrac"
    2) "Carnival: " <-- this set just isn't named yet. The first artifact in the set is called "The Jam"

Simon, any hints on what Chest of Magpie Gold is for?
    Last edited by Accol; 02-15-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Simon, are you able to add in the ability to view all uncollected sets even if you have not *earned* a single artifact from the set?

This way you can click on *incomplete* and it will show you the ones you are missing, rather than having to select all and cruising through 1400 sets lol.

Also, as i mentioned before in some prior post, are you guys able to have the ARTIFACTS tab on all alts you might have. Almost all of my mules/alts on different shard do NOT have this tab active and is just an extra process to manage.

I very rarely go onto the PTS but i don't think this has been even put on your plate to change and I think it would be useful.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    I don't understand why credits actually carry over to the PTS and are usable. It should be something that is separate with its own pool of credits so it can actually be tested
    From memory, and it was said a long time back i think by Daglar, so shows how long ago it was...

There's no way to separate stuff like credits from the "chain", you can spend credits on NA shards and it will also reflect the spending from your account if you're based on EU shards, so credits spent on any shard/cluster goes "World Wide", i suspect the PTS is part of this overall cluster

Telaran

Default credit costs for missing bounty artis

I have spare bounty's on a PTS bank alt-so I started testing what happens when you gradually fill a set
    starting with the most likely sequence
    all artis missing--draw costs12600
    2 relics missing+(2 epics) costs10800
    2 relics missing+(1 epic) costs9000
    2 relics missing costs 7200
    1 relic missing costs 3600
    second sequence starting with relic at start
    all artis missing -draw cost 12600
    1 relic missing +3 epics-9000
    0 relics missing +3 epics 5400
    2 epics missing 3600
    1 epic missing 1800
    third sequence starting with relic as well
    1 relic +3 epics missing -9000
    1 relic+2 epics missing 7200
    1 relic +1 epic missing 5400
    1 relic missing 3600

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Batsy View Post
    I have spare bounty's on a PTS bank alt-so I started testing what happens when you gradually fill a set
    So basically one missing relic is +3600 to price, epic +1800 to price. I wonder how many people will buy those

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #127

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Simon, are you able to add in the ability to view all uncollected sets even if you have not *earned* a single artifact from the set?

This way you can click on *incomplete* and it will show you the ones you are missing, rather than having to select all and cruising through 1400 sets lol.

Also, as i mentioned before in some prior post, are you guys able to have the ARTIFACTS tab on all alts you might have. Almost all of my mules/alts on different shard do NOT have this tab active and is just an extra process to manage.

I very rarely go onto the PTS but i don't think this has been even put on your plate to change and I think it would be useful.
    We do have plans to add in the ability to view all unstarted sets, same with having the tab viewable by new characters that don't have any artifacts. However both of these won't be ready by the time this feature goes live, they will need to come sometime after.
    Last edited by Gingers; 02-16-2016 at 08:02 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    We do have plans to add in the ability to view all unstarted sets, same with having the tab viewable by new characters that don't have any artifacts. However both of these won't be ready by the time this feature goes live, they will need to come sometime after.
    Excellent! Will these be chronologically ordered so the latest added to the UI are at the end? Are there any plans to add a Rewards category then subtitles with Dimensions, Titles, Companions, Bounties, Portraits, Wardrobe (cough) etc so you can prioritize?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-16-2016 at 08:34 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #129

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Excellent! Will these be chronologically ordered so the latest added to the UI are at the end? Are there any plans to add a Rewards category then subtitles with Dimensions, Titles, Companions, Bounties, Portraits, Wardrobe (cough) etc so you can prioritize?
    Those are great suggestions but no we don't currently have plans for those.

General of Telara

All the PTW artifact achieves that reward portrait badges say the reward is account wide but it only works shard wide. I heard that it was never intended to be account wide and that shard wide is working as intended but you still should change the language on the achieve to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Batsy View Post
    starting with the most likely sequence
    all artis missing--draw costs12600
    2 relics missing+(2 epics) costs10800
    2 relics missing+(1 epic) costs9000
    2 relics missing costs 7200
    1 relic missing costs 3600
    second sequence starting with relic at start
    1 relic missing +3 epics-9000
    0 relics missing +3 epics 5400
    2 epics missing 3600
    1 epic missing 1800
    third sequence starting with relic as well
    1 relic +3 epics missing -9000
    1 relic+2 epics missing 7200
    1 relic +1 epic missing 5400
    1 relic missing 3600
    Thanks for doing this. I was doing this as well today and I thought the price for the RELIC (one missing) was a bit steep at 3600 credits. I was using Perfect Cat Eye for example. The reason i say it was steep is because most people sell these for between 1k and 1.5k plat so I just thought it might be lower such as perhaps 1800 credits (1/2 of the DRAW cost).
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #132
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post

Aphrodite, these are all good suggestions and in fact they are on our list to do. They will not make it for this first iteration due to go out tomorrow but I did make code requests for them. Right now any set that doesn't have any artifacts collected does not show up at all unless you do explicit searches for them. Something like "Twisted:" will find you all the twisted artifacts sets for example. But there is no way currently of having every set show up in your list.

I'll keep you posted when we have a clearer idea of when this will be resolved.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #133
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    ok so I counted all the new sets on the pts and it looks like its possible to complete 1,402 sets but I see where 2 sets are a mistake.

1,351 current total on live
    +6 PvP primalist bounties (I assume the drop rate got better)
    +29 PTW twisted sets
    +14 carnival sets

then the 2 unintended sets:

1) "The Seventh Nightmare" <-- This set can be completed by the new artifact system and needs to be removed from the game entirely until they can drop.

2) "Burning: The Fire Dance"<--- this set is a typo of the set "Burning: Carnival: The Fire Dance" and I'm pretty sure is a mistake.

new total after removing the 2 I listed should be 1,400. There are 2 sets I feel are not named correctly:

1) "Twisted: S'aralet Lavinrac" should be named "Twisted: Carnival: S'aralet Lavinrac"
    2) "Carnival: " <-- this set just isn't named yet. The first artifact in the set is called "The Jam"

Simon, any hints on what Chest of Magpie Gold is for?
    Accol, useful and detailed information as usual, thanks!

I will turn off those bogus Artifact sets as well as the 14 that are not due to go live until 3.6

The localization for these is still feverishly being completed as I kinda dropped this on their heads last minute. That is why you are seeing some strangeness there.

The Magpie Gold goes to a set that on PTS currently has the wrong artifacts in it. Uureg the Terrible. It is sharing artifacts with Usukhel the Playwight. This has since been fixed.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #134
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    All the PTW artifact achieves that reward portrait badges say the reward is account wide but it only works shard wide. I heard that it was never intended to be account wide and that shard wide is working as intended but you still should change the language on the achieve to avoid confusion.
    You are right. I changed it. Unfortunately just missed tomorrow build. However should show up next week.

Rift Disciple

Disregard my comment, numbers matter a lot apparently, for those prices, i can get behind this "purchasable artifacts" change even. Wont mess up artifact trading too hard and will still keep the rares rare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast