+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Remember that artifacts are an optional pursuit in RIFT. They're awesome, but by no means mandatory to the game.
    ~Brasse
    I kindof struggle with what you trying to say here. The entire GAME is an optional thing. Saying that any particular part is optional doesn't seem to add anything. Unless you are telling folks they can take a hike if they don't like the new features, since there is other stuff they can try in the game, anyways.

Don't speak in code. Its really poor form.

Thx!
    P

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    There have been rare and common spawn locations since the launch of RIFT.
    Oh, what the heck?

I don't like it, and yet another thing the 'normal' player can not know for years while others do.

It's gotten about impossible to play the game with any charm to the artifacts, when there are so many rewards for learning shortcuts like these.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #108
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Is it possible to create a "dead simon dummy"?
    Like to dps him near the puzzle but would be amazing to dps him in dimensions (after farming artifacts or purpule puzzle piece and never find them)
    This has been requested many times, I can't think why ;). I'll see if I can find some time to do it by 3.6 and put him on the Lucky Coin store or something.
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 02-11-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Soulwalker

Default ARTIFACTION: The joy of collecting in RIFT

I am a Patron that helps me find them. Will that still happen ?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #110

Quote Originally Posted by Lordcole View Post
    I am a Patron that helps me find them. Will that still happen ?
    Yes Patrons still have the "Patron's Artifact Tracking" ability. That has not changed.

Soulwalker

There have been rare and common spawn locations since the launch of RIFT. Epic artifacts were introduced with Unstables artifacts and have only ever been on the rare spawn points. In other words it has always been like this not just Planetouched Wilds.

For some reason the camping and shard hoping method came into fashion only recently. However there is no way these people can camp all the locations as in Planetouched Wilds alone there are 1000 possible locations for rare spawns.

Even if I were to put Epics on the common spawn points at some very low drop rate the rare points would still be sought after as the drop rate will always be higher. However this is something I will look into when I get a few spare minutes
    Hi Simon and thanks for the reply but I'd like to point a couple of things out. No one could farm unstable events as they were a timed event, so the problem we currently have now never existed and never could.

As for my second point, why would you only half fix the problem by leaving the epics at the original spawn point at the original drop rate? Make the epics spawn at all locations with a much lower drop rate, have the original locations have a better drop rate but not that great that it introduces farming. Have the vials drop off after a period of time even when logged out. ( you will sell more )

This problem has arisen for two reasons,
    (i) Epics are constantly available in the zone.
    (ii)Vials don't drop off when logged out.

Hopefully you will be able to fix this in some way, as I stated previously this method by a few is extremely unfair on those of us who play within the intended parameters.

Telaran

Default bounty sets that do not have a Most wanted mob

while I contacted Accol about the statement that some collectors had finished all sets--he mentioned Simon was looking for info about Bounty mobs.
    The following sets do not have a Most Wanted mob yet:
    Ettin
    Dwarf
    Yeti
    Verdain
    Chimera-(not to be confused with Manticore)
    Bandit
    prairie dog
    Golden Maw

Telaran

Default :(

I am getting more and more alarmed with direction Trion is going.
    Personally I am quite an artifact addict. I have close to 1200 sets, but there are many sets where I miss just 1 epic unstable. These unstables almost don't drop at all, I haven't seen some of them on AH ever in my 2,5 years of playing, while some are always on AH. I would understand making artifacts purchasable for credits if all epic artifacts had same chance to drop, but they obviously don't. Making something really hard to get (to point of despair and questioning yourself is this even worth it) and on other hand making it available for credit, that's just disguised way of forcing people to buy it. Its not outright forcing, but in essence it is and I don't like it.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Question regarding Primalist & collecting Artifacts.

Thank you for the recent change to PTWIlds Artifact sets with Portrait badge rewards. Along the same lines. The hardest thing about Rift is deciding to change class/character. I took the plunge after months of deliberation but I cannot completely change to my Primalist because of one last thing... artifacts.

I know it's a long stretch but I'll ask anyway with these changes coming especially. Will it ever be possible to transfer all collected artifacts to another character even as a one off irreversible purchase?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 02-14-2016 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added irreversible for more /beg

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #115
    Rift Team

The human mind struggles with random numbers and tries to make order out of chaos. Just because you have observed some artifact being apparently more common than others does not mean that they are actually weighted that way, it is just the nature of randomness. believe me I don't have the time to go into the data and tweak certain individual artifacts to be rarer than others, not that I would want to. Every single artifact within each group has exactly the same chance of dropping as the others. So all epics have an equal chance, as do all rares, all uncommon and all common artifact types.

I do all this content on live myself and I know very well the feeling of "Something if messed up here" as I harvest the same frikken artifact 6 times in a row and cannot find the one I actually want. This drove me insane in Storm Legion when I was collecting the puzzle pages. I have even found myself going and checking the data just to be sure nothing got stomped on, even though I know how the system works intimately. But as I stated at the begging the human mind will convince you that something is wrong with the randomness when you see something like this, and I have never found that a particular artifact had a different weighting than its companions.

Epics have been around for over 2 years which means every set since then has had them. This is all the Unstable sets, all the Nightmare Tide sets both Normal and Twisted and now all the Planetouched Wilds sets. They were meant to be the ultimate long term chase. However as I mentioned before I will do some experiments with putting them at a very low drop rate on regular spawn points. And depending on how this feels to me I MIGHT push it live. However I don't want to invalidate rare spawn locations entirely, as they have been an integral part of the system since the begging, so I am pretty sure that any drop rate that keeps that integrity will not stop people form still seeking out rare location they know about. There are 100's of these locations and in the case of Planetouched Wilds 1000 of them, so there are plenty of them to find out there.

As for the tracking abilities dropping when you log off, I really can't do this as it would be unfair to anyone that crashes and then looses their tracking through no fault of their own.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #116
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thank you for the recent change to PTWIlds Artifact sets with Portrait badge rewards. Along the same lines. The hardest thing about Rift is deciding to change class/character. I took the plunge after months of deliberation but I cannot completely change to my Primalist because of one last thing... artifacts.

I know it's a long stretch but I'll ask anyway with these changes coming especially. Will it ever be possible to transfer all collected artifacts to another character even as a one off irreversible purchase?
    Kiwi, much as I would like this for my alts too I am afraid this is not something we have the tech for.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Kiwi, much as I would like this for my alts too I am afraid this is not something we have the tech for.
    Thanks, thought so. Appreciate response.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #118

Just to update those interested, the option to purchase remaining artifacts can now be viewed on the PTS. It won't actually complete a sale however, since we don't want anyone to accidentally spend credits on artifacts on PTS.

Prophet of Telara

I don't understand why credits actually carry over to the PTS and are usable. It should be something that is separate with its own pool of credits so it can actually be tested. Why would there even be a reason to put something like this on the PTS without an actual way to test it?

General of Telara

The cost to fill a 3/5 bounty set missing both relics is 10,800c. The cost to fill a bounty set just missing one relic is 3,600c. I don't see people buying out the 3/5 sets and maybe just a few for one relic missing. Considering that 8 bounty sets are extremely hard to get because of no known most wanted mob I don't see free to play players getting to 1,400 sets until the total goes up more.

Sets that are impossible to get in game, like "The Seventh Nightmare", can be completed by the current system.

The achieve for twisted PTW artifacts has 21 sets listed to complete it and I feel like some are missing. I searched and found 29 PTW twisted sets.

The carnival sets are available to buy on the PTS and not sure if they would carry over to live before 3.6 hits. Carnival Sets have one mistake I think.

"Burning: The Fire Dance"
    "Burning: Carnival: The Fire Dance"

Those two sets share all the same artifacts and count as 2 different sets.

EDIT:
    PTW achieve lists 21 sets- I had said 11.
    removed some details and posted a new post in thread.
    Last edited by Accol; 02-15-2016 at 09:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast