+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 175
Like Tree74Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

  1. #61
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    As for the bounty sets we looked into the data here and 99% of them drop in world and 100% of them are possible from Minions although this is exceedingly rare. We will be updating the few that are currently Minion only to drop in the world also. This will go live on the 17th.
    The biggest frustration from bounty hunters was that some sets didn't have a known Most Wanted mob. This meant killing thousand of mobs for one drop. Those were:

    Golden Maw
    Chimera
    Bandit
    Prairie Dog
    Verdain
    Ettin
    Dwarf
    Yeti ?

    This info came from Batsy's posts on THIS THREAD - you only need to read page 7+. Batsy seems to think some Most Wanted mobs are "discontinued" and seems to be correct since they are far more rare than other Most Wanted mobs.

    It would be nice if the above were confirmed to have a most wanted mob and if they didn't, add them. If the above do have a Most Wanted mob can you let us know so we can go hunting?! Also check to see if some were discontinued/disabled those would be:

    Dragon- Shyuang the Icestorm
    Yeti- ?
    Razormaw- Imaw
    Satyr- Grakuul
    Goblin- Yenuo
    Last edited by Accol; 02-09-2016 at 04:28 PM.

  2. #62
    Ascendant Onebutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Just curious and probably the answer is no, but do you plan to allow the minions to collect Poision/Burning/Nightmare artifacts at a rare rate?

    Or perhaps introduce a new minion that might do some dead knee bends and push-ups and able to find them?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default This was gold. Thanks Accol!

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I have 1,344 sets done and only know of one person that might have more, I'd love to know who has all of them done. I am pretty sure the data you are looking at to see how many sets are out there and who has them done is broken.

    Magelo lists 1360 sets total.
    1,348 have been discovered
    3 bounty sets have not been discovered (Golden Maw has the 2 relic arts undiscovered)
    7 sets have not been discovered and have no artifacts discovered. (NM7 and 6 primalist pvp)
    2 sets are broken and not in game at all.
    So

    1360 - "Invalid Do Not Localize" + 14 upcoming 3.6 sets gives 1373 sets.
    Add in the 27 upcoming Twisted planetouched wilds and I get 1400 sets. This all jells.

    So the 3 bounties you mention were in fact only available through a vanishingly rare chance on Minion missions. These will be fixed to include world drops by the 17th.

    The 6 Primalist are infact in game and I am surprised that none have dropped we have checked the data several times, I'll continue testing. They currently were not available in Minion mission though and again this will be updated for 17th.

    You are 100% right on the NMR 7 Rift this is not going live for a while so I will add another set to make up, again for the 17th.

    That leaves the 2 broken sets. I already accounted for "Invalid Do Not Localize" so which is the other one. I don't see it and want to get it fixed before this goes live.

  4. #64
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    So

    1360 - "Invalid Do Not Localize" + 14 upcoming 3.6 sets gives 1373 sets.
    Add in the 27 upcoming Twisted planetouched wilds and I get 1400 sets. This all jells.

    So the 3 bounties you mention were in fact only available through a vanishingly rare chance on Minion missions. These will be fixed to include world drops by the 17th.

    The 6 Primalist are infact in game and I am surprised that none have dropped we have checked the data several times, I'll continue testing. They currently were not available in Minion mission though and again this will be updated for 17th.

    You are 100% right on the NMR 7 Rift this is not going live for a while so I will add another set to make up, again for the 17th.

    That leaves the 2 broken sets. I already accounted for "Invalid Do Not Localize" so which is the other one. I don't see it and want to get it fixed before this goes live.
    ugg and I just sent you a pm with far more detail on everything you already seemed to figure out!

  5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #65
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    ugg and I just sent you a pm with far more detail on everything you already seemed to figure out!
    No ugg. Thanks! It is really useful. For some reason my math is still one off and is driving me crazy. Think i will add 2 more sets to be safe

  6. #66
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post

    The 6 Primalist are infact in game and I am surprised that none have dropped we have checked the data several times, I'll continue testing. They currently were not available in Minion mission though and again this will be updated for 17th.
    Have you checked to make sure they are on the warfront cache drop table?
    Last edited by Boase; 02-09-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  7. #67
    Shadowlander ScannaIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I hope to not be OT with this

    i have one question...
    When is an artifact set added to the Discoveries? Is it done automatically as for other stuff?

    ...and one request
    There is an artifact that is missing from the Items.xml file: Deprecated <something> from Unstable: Prior Versions of Auram

    Is it possible to add/fix it?

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #68
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Have you checked to make sure they are on the warfront cache drop table?
    Yes and they are. We are looking into some other issues that might be causing this problem. I'll keep you updated if we find something.

  9. #69
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    978

    Default

    The 2 broken sets I was talking about were:

    Story Fragment Prototype
    The Day the Rifts Came

    not to be confused from a working set with the same name:

    The Day the Rifts Came

    Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Have you checked to make sure they are on the warfront cache drop table?
    Glad I've been saving them for the last few weeks!

  10. #70
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    You know we're all in this together, right?
    I will definitely say that while it alleviates some of the pain of long-open collections, for many it will make artifact hunting less daunting, knowing that you can get help IF you need it.

    The team is just making the pastime a little more accessible to all. If some people want to buy a LOT of collection items, it does not affect my gameplay one bit. I'll also know that they are helping to pay for ongoing development of RIFT, and I am all in favor of that.
    I really don't think we are all in this together. I'm one of the 7-12% (Trion's numbers) of players who pay for the game. That's because I'm an adult who understands that hardware, bandwidth, and human brainpower costs money and I don't expect someone else to foot that expense to my benefit. In the ongoing attempt to squeeze cash from the freeloaders Trion is making it more and more uncomfortable to be a paying customer.

    It most certainly does affect my gameplay, because while chasing new bounties or artifacts I pick up ones I already have. I then sell or trade those. Now there will be less buying and trading between players. In the chase after those who won't pay for a product because they lack the maturity to understand that development costs money, I've just lost yet another means of earning plat in game.

    I really hope this everything-on-the-net-is-free garbage passes, and we go back to paying for what we value, forcing companies to compete for our dollar to survive rather than chasing large numbers of non-paying "customers."
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #71
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScannaIT View Post
    I hope to not be OT with this

    i have one question...
    When is an artifact set added to the Discoveries? Is it done automatically as for other stuff?

    ...and one request
    There is an artifact that is missing from the Items.xml file: Deprecated <something> from Unstable: Prior Versions of Auram

    Is it possible to add/fix it?
    Yes is is automatically added when someone discovers it. As for why "Deprecated Auram's Humor" is not showing up is a bit of a mystery. I know this has been discovered as many people have completed all the Unstable sets.

    I'll put in a bug report but will admit this is not going to get a super high priority
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 02-09-2016 at 06:36 PM.

  12. #72
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post

    It most certainly does affect my gameplay, because while chasing new bounties or artifacts I pick up ones I already have. I then sell or trade those. Now there will be less buying and trading between players. In the chase after those who won't pay for a product because they lack the maturity to understand that development costs money, I've just lost yet another means of earning plat in game.
    "
    People will still buy artifacts from people. If I need X epic artifact and it will cost 1500-1800 credits I would spam to buy from players for abit less before I spend my plat on REX to get it for more. It just saves people spending weeks and weeks hunting (which they can still do) or spamming in chat/searching other shard's AH for them.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-09-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  13. #73
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    Minion bounty artifacts are BROKEN. You do not and will never get an Relic (orange) bounty artifact from ANY Minion. This has been discussed many times and bugged many times.
    I have gotten a relic bounty artifact from my minions before. I remember it well because I got several epic ones in the same run. I also remember all the dream ribbon I got
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  14. #74
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    white knights
    The correct term is Positive Thinkers

    You're welcome.

  15. #75
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    The correct term is Positive Thinkers

    You're welcome.
    ... you're not at all getting his point, are you? And no, that's not it as far as terminology goes. It's something totally different... and why in your opinion did his post need this addition?


+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts