+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There are in fact people who have completed all existing sets. I am not among them, yet, hehe.

As a die-hard artifact hunter, I am here to tell you that the bounties are HARD.
    OH MY GODS ABOVE AND BELOW, SO RARE. In his genteel manner, Simon characterizes them as "exceedlingly rare," but insert your own adjective, hehe.

I strongly advise people to take up the fine art of Minion management though - I have indeed received some bounty artifacts through my high-level minions. BOOYAH!
    I have 1,344 sets done and only know of one person that might have more, I'd love to know who has all of them done. I am pretty sure the data you are looking at to see how many sets are out there and who has them done is broken.

Magelo lists 1360 sets total.
    1,348 have been discovered
    3 bounty sets have not been discovered (Golden Maw has the 2 relic arts undiscovered)
    7 sets have not been discovered and have no artifacts discovered. (NM7 and 6 primalist pvp)
    2 sets are broken and not in game at all.

Rift Master

There are in fact people who have completed all existing sets. I am not among them, yet, hehe.

As a die-hard artifact hunter, I am here to tell you that the bounties are HARD.
    OH MY GODS ABOVE AND BELOW, SO RARE. In his genteel manner, Simon characterizes them as "exceedlingly rare," but insert your own adjective, hehe.

I strongly advise people to take up the fine art of Minion management though - I have indeed received some bounty artifacts through my high-level minions. BOOYAH!
    Minion bounty artifacts are BROKEN. You do not and will never get an Relic (orange) bounty artifact from ANY Minion. This has been discussed many times and bugged many times.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    As for Bounties, Boase will be the expert on that, but I'll PM you with what we have found so far in problems. Boase can you do the same please and PM Simon as well?
    Batsy is going to know a lot more. He has farmed out most of the Most Wanted loc and probably has the most compeleted
    Last edited by Accol; 02-09-2016 at 03:21 PM.

As of February 17th, 2016, collectors will be able to fill long-sought collection items with credits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    * Nightmare: Rough Raptor's Recipies, I have 1 purple rarity artifact left to get = 1800 Credits
    I am, quite simply, flabbergasted.

Over in the earrings thread white knights were telling us that we were wrong when we suggested that decision was a complete change to how Trion were prepared to monetise things. As I look at the Rift Store now, 750 credits costs £3.99, so 1800 credits is worth roughly £9.58, which means you're happy to charge more for an artefact than for a monthly patron sub? It's certainly going to be interesting hearing them defend that.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Simon says... oh hell. He's posting so much that I'll let him carry on. But, but.... Simon SAYS that people have PM'd him saying they've completed all the available sets.

The cool part of all this is that it puts the spotlight on one of my favorite activities. YEAH.
    We are also VERY interested in working together with folks to iron out any inconsistencies and bugs. When I say WE, I mean Simon, of course. =)

Rift Disciple

Is there an “Artifact Hunting Build?” Why yes there is. Simon describes his as a “Mainly Bladedancer with some Physician thrown in for the ability to self-heal while on the move.” He further advises, “Bring along food, drinks and potions if you’re serious about hunting Nightmare artifacts.”
    No Memory Capture? o_O

Minion bounty artifacts are BROKEN. You do not and will never get an Relic (orange) bounty artifact from ANY Minion. This has been discussed many times and bugged many times.
    One of my guildies got shard first on a chimera relic bounty the other day, from minions he said. I've never gotten one myself but it is possible that the chance is just insanely low.

Also artifacts for credits .... meh ... fine better than making only patrons able to pick them up.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #52
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    I am, quite simply, flabbergasted.

Over in the earrings thread white knights were telling us that we were wrong when we suggested that decision was a complete change to how Trion were prepared to monetise things. As I look at the Rift Store now, 750 credits costs £3.99, so 1800 credits is worth roughly £9.58, which means you're happy to charge more for an artefact than for a monthly patron sub? It's certainly going to be interesting hearing them defend that.
    Finishing an artifact set may be of value to some and of no interest to others.
    They are not required content, so the decision regarding the time vs coin value proposition is entiirely up to a player's preference.
    Like most players, I'll check the value of each set that I am tempted to complete through credits, and either hit the button or let it go. My time is money. =)

Shield of Telara

They are not required content
    What is?

/10chars

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

I just want to chime in here that this is not accurate.

On my play account, which has no special dev powers, I have acquired both relic bounties and epic unstables from Minion Missions. They are exceedingly rare, that is true, but I have seen myself in game that they can happen.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 02-09-2016 at 03:37 PM. Reason: clarification of where I got the artifacts

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #55
    Rift Team

Default Okay so I'm a twerp

I will be the first to admit when I am wrong and with a lot of the discussion I have read here I went and did some double checking.

When I counted up the number of artifact sets I included 14 sets that will not actually be live until 3.6. They were on my local servers so they got picked up when I did the count, I didn't actually make these ones so they didn't stand out as weird. I did toy with the idea of quickly adding more sets for the 17th but decided that the time was better spent elsewhere. You will all be busy with the new sets that are dropping that day anyway. However it does mean that the wings will not be possible to get until 3.6.

As for the bounty sets we looked into the data here and 99% of them drop in world and 100% of them are possible from Minions although this is exceedingly rare. We will be updating the few that are currently Minion only to drop in the world also. This will go live on the 17th.

Rift Disciple

Default epic unstables *can* come from minions

I focus on artifact minion missions. I have received *2* epic unstable artifacts from minions. They are exceedingly rare, but they *are* possible to get that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    2. Will orange bounty, or purple unstable ever appear in returning minion loot in future? I have yet to see one of these in some 9000 missions (and I am heavy on artefact missions)

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #57
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    1800 credits is worth roughly £9.58, which means you're happy to charge more for an artefact than for a monthly patron sub? It's certainly going to be interesting hearing them defend that.
    Our goal is to encourage players to still go out in the world to collect these and to not immediately crash the economy of artifacts. So the values were created with some eye on what the typical relative values are. In this specific example, I can see one of that artifact currently for sale on a Live AH for 1900 plat.

1800 credits vs 1900 plat is roughly in the same ballpark.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #58
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post

I would say that the purple ones seem a little steep at proposed 1800 credits? if purple are 1800 how much are orange going to be, or for that matter how much for Poison/burning/nightmare - will they be on a separate scale?
    Yes some are very expensive, especially if there are a lot of missing artifacts in the set. As I mentioned in another post I don't want this to replace the regular methods of collecting artifacts.

Also, I noticed in Gingers post that there were two different prices for whites so is there a sliding scale of rarity and cost within each tier?
    The sets themselves have a multiplier on them so a white artifact in a Nightmare set is going to be more expensive than a white artifact in a Normal set.

1. More (many more) items that can be purchased with lucky coins please, whether dimension or mounts or whatever, just more and more please...I have 9 toons that between them probably have a few thousand of those things now...
    I really want to do this I just have to find the time.

2. Will orange bounty, or purple unstable ever appear in returning minion loot in future? I have yet to see one of these in some 9000 missions (and I am heavy on artefact missions)
    They already are possible to get from Minion missions.

3. Can you confirm whether the drop rates of artifacts will remain the same as current on live servers as it would be seen as a kick in the teeth for people if this was to be reduced?
    This is an add, the regular way of collecting artifacts will remain unchanged. I will still respond to reports of broken artifacts or impossible to get artifacts, just as I always have.

Anyhow cheers for the shinies, I have a couple of hundred sets to complete so will keep plugging away...oh one last thing....perhaps patrons could have an additional 5-10% discount on cost of the shinies on store (over and above normal patron discount), after all we are supporting the game with patronage as well so perhaps a slightly increased reduction may be a nice large carrot for patrons?
    Unfortunately this is actually not as easy as you might think. The 10% Patron discount is automatic and handled elsewhere. While the discount will be reflected in the price for Patrons this system actually knows nothing about whether you are a patron or not.

Telaran

Finishing an artifact set may be of value to some and of no interest to others.
    They are not required content, so the decision regarding the time vs coin value proposition is entiirely up to a player's preference.
    Like most players, I'll check the value of each set that I am tempted to complete through credits, and either hit the button or let it go. My time is money. =)
    I like this idea as I'm an avid artifact collector. The decision doesn't affect game play since these are "fluff" items. It's a good way for the company to increase revenue without the expense of player advancement in the game.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #60
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I have 1,344 sets done and only know of one person that might have more, I'd love to know who has all of them done. I am pretty sure the data you are looking at to see how many sets are out there and who has them done is broken.

Magelo lists 1360 sets total.
    1,348 have been discovered
    3 bounty sets have not been discovered (Golden Maw has the 2 relic arts undiscovered)
    7 sets have not been discovered and have no artifacts discovered. (NM7 and 6 primalist pvp)
    2 sets are broken and not in game at all.

I am going to continue looking and digging to make sure the data is correct. I really appreciate all the posts here suggesting places where there might be issues.

When I decided to make the latest achievement exactly the number of artifact sets I knew it was a risky move. Up until now I have always made sure the achievements were a few dozen below how many sets I though were possible exactly for this reason. However I decided that this time it would force the issue and make sure that what we have in the game is real and possible. So bear with me as I check and recheck the data. Continue to post if you think there are problems. The more information you can give me the quicker I can either confirm a problem or rule it out.

<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast