+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post

You have now trivialized artifact collecting. Anybody with Daddy's credit card can now reach 1200+ artifact sets where the rest of your old time customers did it the hard way.
    Yeah, rather removes the incentive to work towards the unique rewards. Just like giving the squirrels away did. I'm at 1150ish, and am sure I'll get crap from people when I ding 1200.

There are some raid bosses I haven't beaten - will Simon sell me those acheives?
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Are the 6 primalist bounty artifact sets existing on live? I don't think a single one dropped yet for anyone but that doesn't surprise me considering how rare some bounties are.
    There are in fact people who have completed all existing sets. I am not among them, yet, hehe.

As a die-hard artifact hunter, I am here to tell you that the bounties are HARD.
    OH MY GODS ABOVE AND BELOW, SO RARE. In his genteel manner, Simon characterizes them as "exceedlingly rare," but insert your own adjective, hehe.

I strongly advise people to take up the fine art of Minion management though - I have indeed received some bounty artifacts through my high-level minions. BOOYAH!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    So instead of actually fixing said Bounty mobs (some STILL don't spawn on Live after 2 years of bug reports), lets spend RL cash to buy artifacts. Wow Trion, another example of you cashing us customers out. What's next, new Raid zones using old world zones to save paying programmers to design new stuff. Oh wait, that's been done already.

You have now trivialized artifact collecting. Anybody with Daddy's credit card can now reach 1200+ artifact sets where the rest of your old time customers did it the hard way.

And no I'm not trolling, insulting any specific employee, or any other thing I've been accused of. I'm simply telling the truth. Under the Yelp Law of California, I get to post a negative review.
    Of course you get to post your opinion FyrrePower, I wouldn't have it any other way. However this is absolutely not the intent. I set the system up to encourage collecting, trading, minions, auction house and every other way of filling in artifacts. This is intended to alleviate the frustration of some people that have messaged me over the years when there is one last artifact they simply cannot find.

And yes I will admit that making some income to support RIFT is a nice plus. There may be people that are able to afford to fill in whole sets and prefer to do that but I did my best to make sure this did not "Trivialize" Shiny hunting as apart from everythjing else it is my baby and I love it and want it to thrive.

An lastly please PM me with the Bounties you cannot find. I will look into them and fix them if there is a problem. I was unaware of ones that could not be collected.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post
    Yeah, rather removes the incentive to work towards the unique rewards. Just like giving the squirrels away did. I'm at 1150ish, and am sure I'll get crap from people when I ding 1200.

There are some raid bosses I haven't beaten - will Simon sell me those acheives?
    You know we're all in this together, right?
    I will definitely say that while it alleviates some of the pain of long-open collections, for many it will make artifact hunting less daunting, knowing that you can get help IF you need it.

The team is just making the pastime a little more accessible to all. If some people want to buy a LOT of collection items, it does not affect my gameplay one bit. I'll also know that they are helping to pay for ongoing development of RIFT, and I am all in favor of that.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

Some price examples, I have several sets with just 1 artifact left to get and I am Patron (10% cost discount):

* Twisted: The Guffin Plot, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 63 Credits
    * Exarch Invader Tide Artifacts, I have 1 green rarity artifact left to get = 180 Credits
    * The Gorge, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 45 Credits
    * Nightmare: Rough Raptor's Recipies, I have 1 purple rarity artifact left to get = 1800 Credits

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Is this change up on PTS yet so we can preview "how much it will cost".

Also a little confused, think I may have misinterpreted something...Simon can you clarify if we are purchasing a specific artifact from a specific set ( or as you note you can buy a whole set), you mentioned a random element here, would it not make sense to take the random element out and make it an item that we get to choose which set we want to place it into, after all its our hard earned credits that we are using?

Also wondering if it is able to be placed in your bags and perhaps therefore also tradeable? There would be an entire micro-economy just around this trading system REX becoming credits, becoming artefact, becoming plat, becoming REX, becoming credits, becoming another artefact...and of course on the other side of the scale you would have a massive plat sink remaining in place as more people cycle artifacts through auction house into their collections?

Anyway I can think of half a dozen sets that I have been trying to complete for a ridiculous amount of time so hopefully I have enough credits left...Good luck everyone!
    I am told that the feature WILL be on PTS, possibly on Monday. Keep in mind that actual purchases will be disabled as it's real money. Simon says you should be able to see the prices though.

The feature will go live on the 17th (if all goes well) so we can have more conversations then, but I am sure that no one wants to trivialize the value of collecting on our own by making them all super cheap.
    That'd damage both the economy and the play value of artifact hunting. I may use it for one or two longstanding open collections, but that's it. I am stubborn and prefer to invest the time. =)

The artifacts will NOT go into inventory. I think we can all envision the weird sideways hit to the economy that would entail. Instead, they will auto-consume upon claiming. If you have multiple open slots in a collection, my understanding is that the game will randomly decide which one gets filled. Again, the goal is to make it a sliding scale of convenience, in favor of those who hunt and trade the old fashioned way.

Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Some price examples, I have several sets with just 1 artifact left to get and I am Patron (10% cost discount):

* Twisted: The Guffin Plot, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 63 Credits
    * Exarch Invader Tide Artifacts, I have 1 green rarity artifact left to get = 180 Credits
    * The Gorge, I have 1 white rarity artifact left to get = 45 Credits
    * Nightmare: Rough Raptor's Recipies, I have 1 purple rarity artifact left to get = 1800 Credits
    So the price can go well over $20 worth of credits then?
    lol Okay. You guys sure love your "premium" pricing for stuff.

..... I'm okay with this though, I'll never use it, but I'm okay with it... As opposed to some of your other more recent decisions.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    One day, I hope I get a chance to sit down with CC and Dead Simon, and ask a whole bunch of questions about the lore-heavier artifact sets. There is SOOOOOOO much there that I wish we could get greater insight into.

*sighs*

Hey, if I bring brownies down to Trion HQ, you think we can make like a lunch date or something?
    Post questions on the Lore forum. I'll happily either answer them or pointedly not answer them. While brownies are always nice, no need to save up all the questions until a Rift meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    There are in fact people who have completed all existing sets. I am not among them, yet, hehe.

As a die-hard artifact hunter, I am here to tell you that the bounties are HARD.
    OH MY GODS ABOVE AND BELOW, SO RARE. In his genteel manner, Simon characterizes them as "exceedlingly rare," but insert your own adjective, hehe.

I strongly advise people to take up the fine art of Minion management though - I have indeed received some bounty artifacts through my high-level minions. BOOYAH!

I'll be at exactly 1350 sets completed if I complete every set on my incomplete list. Somehow there are 50 Bounty sets i've 100% never seen on AH or in game?
    Last edited by Boase; 02-09-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Is this change up on PTS yet so we can preview "how much it will cost".
    Still crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. This should be up on Monday if all goes well.

Also a little confused, think I may have misinterpreted something...Simon can you clarify if we are purchasing a specific artifact from a specific set ( or as you note you can buy a whole set), you mentioned a random element here, would it not make sense to take the random element out and make it an item that we get to choose which set we want to place it into, after all its our hard earned credits that we are using?
    This just went against my game dev sense. I wanted to put a little element of fun into the system.

Also wondering if it is able to be placed in your bags and perhaps therefore also tradeable? There would be an entire micro-economy just around this trading system REX becoming credits, becoming artefact, becoming plat, becoming REX, becoming credits, becoming another artefact...and of course on the other side of the scale you would have a massive plat sink remaining in place as more people cycle artifacts through auction house into their collections?
    These never appear as actual inventory items. They are autocollected.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    I'll be at exactly 1350 sets completed if I complete every set on my incomplete list. Somehow there are 50 Bounty sets i've 100% never seen on AH or in game?
    New artifacts are coming out with the 17th Feb; in the PTW. (Probably twisted artifacts). That's probably where you'll find your last 50.

As for the addition of a Credit price - I don't really mind, except when it comes to super-awesome artifact set rewards for relatively difficult content - like Conqueror raid achievements.
    Those take ages and it would be very disappointing if someone who doesn't even raid is able to get a world/shard first and start riding around in some awesome mount even before the Top 3 guilds step into the raid.

Also, slightly worried about how this might influence future artifact sets, or how Trion will look at any requests for changes to existing artifact sets to make them easier to obtain (like Bounty artifacts). The fallback would seem to be "Credits".
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-09-2016 at 03:05 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    I do want to stress that the Artifacts are a collaborative effort. It is true I have made a huge number and placed probably the majority but there are many people on the RIFT team that help me out. Not least of which is Captain Cursor who loves to hide tid bits of lore and foreshadowing in there, among a whole lot of Trolls of course.
    Yes hence why I said yellow part yes many of us adore you most but we adore the whole team also and when CaptainC is about mischief is abound!

Love the 1400 wings!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks Simon for all the great artifacts for all the whimsy in them from the whole team even the 80085 that gets linked in public channels at least monthly in amazement, artifacts and puzzles in Rift are superb!

Quote Originally Posted by captaincursor View Post
    I'll happily either answer them or pointedly not answer them
    ... More the latter than the former. :P

Rift Master

Of course you get to post your opinion FyrrePower, I wouldn't have it any other way. However this is absolutely not the intent. I set the system up to encourage collecting, trading, minions, auction house and every other way of filling in artifacts. This is intended to alleviate the frustration of some people that have messaged me over the years when there is one last artifact they simply cannot find.

And yes I will admit that making some income to support RIFT is a nice plus. There may be people that are able to afford to fill in whole sets and prefer to do that but I did my best to make sure this did not "Trivialize" Shiny hunting as apart from everythjing else it is my baby and I love it and want it to thrive.

An lastly please PM me with the Bounties you cannot find. I will look into them and fix them if there is a problem. I was unaware of ones that could not be collected.
    I'm not upset at you Simon, you are actually on my good list. It's the others that seem to irk me for making decisions without input from us paying patrons.

As for Bounties, Boase will be the expert on that, but I'll PM you with what we have found so far in problems. Boase can you do the same please and PM Simon as well?

Still crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. This should be up on Monday if all goes well.

This just went against my game dev sense. I wanted to put a little element of fun into the system.

These never appear as actual inventory items. They are autocollected.
    Thanks for replies Simon, much appreciated. I am going to try very hard to not use this particular way of getting shinies as I get a kick out of finding them myself, though occasionally I will buy a bundle of them off the auction house...but in fairness then I also put a lot on the auction house too so what goes around comes around.

I would say that the purple ones seem a little steep at proposed 1800 credits? if purple are 1800 how much are orange going to be, or for that matter how much for Poison/burning/nightmare - will they be on a separate scale?

Also, I noticed in Gingers post that there were two different prices for whites so is there a sliding scale of rarity and cost within each tier?

Anyway great idea, hope it makes rift a bucket of money as this is just pure fluff (it's not you know - its shiny's and they are very very important - I need all those mounts!!!).

3 requests for you:

1. More (many more) items that can be purchased with lucky coins please, whether dimension or mounts or whatever, just more and more please...I have 9 toons that between them probably have a few thousand of those things now...
    2. Will orange bounty, or purple unstable ever appear in returning minion loot in future? I have yet to see one of these in some 9000 missions (and I am heavy on artefact missions)
    3. Can you confirm whether the drop rates of artifacts will remain the same as current on live servers as it would be seen as a kick in the teeth for people if this was to be reduced?

Anyhow cheers for the shinies, I have a couple of hundred sets to complete so will keep plugging away...oh one last thing....perhaps patrons could have an additional 5-10% discount on cost of the shinies on store (over and above normal patron discount), after all we are supporting the game with patronage as well so perhaps a slightly increased reduction may be a nice large carrot for patrons?
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 02-09-2016 at 03:19 PM. Reason: minor changes and grammar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast