+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ARTIFACTION: The Joy of Collecting in RIFT

General of Telara

I'm pretty disappointed with this change. I make a lot of plat from selling extra artifacts and this change makes me think farming out plat to buy rex is going to be harder in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    “Achievements are earned through unlocking 1 set, 10 sets, 100 and so on, until you get to 1,000, 1,200 and soon the 1,400 level.” Simon insists that several players have in fact collected all available artifacts, which is why he is busily making more for the next major update.
    Unless Batsy got lucky and found some more Most Wanted mobs I am pretty sure not a single person has collected all available artifacts.

See THIS makes more sense to monetize, though knowing you the prices to fill a set no matter how few pieces you have left will be ridiculous, but it still makes WAY more sense then your....*ahem* genius monetization of earrings and water attunement.

Still....What's the record for the year right now?
    3-4 updates solely about monetization (with two of them being terrible decisions) and 1 good update about the tech upgrades?

Hmmm....

So what are the prices going to be? 3000 credits to finish a set off if you're missing what? 1, 2 pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    How is that going to work if the artifact is needed for multiple sets?
    I'm guessing it will auto complete the first set in the list then move to the 2/2 zone set after.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Wondering if I can reply here :P

So you are saying if we are *let's say* missing one artifact from a Nightmare Epic set like the Silly WAY-TOO-HARD-FIND Snake! we can just purchase it with credits from the store? Or will we have to say buy the entire set that Snakes! is part of?
    If you have one artifact left in a set it will auto pick that one for you and fill it in. If you have multiple it will randomly pick one. All Artifacts have an equal chance of being picked. The price is determined by the number of artifacts uncollected, The rarity of those artifacts and the difficulty of the set itself. So a completely empty Bounty set for example is going the have a ridiculous Draw price. I don't recommend that.

Also, I have noticed on my alts, if it does not have a set recently collected the artifact tab does not open up.. Can you fix that? So anyone at any level can press C > And SEE the ARTIFACT Tab?
    We'll look into this.

Lastly, are you going to plan any changes at all to the Puzzle Pieces which play a part in artifact gathering. such as increasing the drop rate or you plan to keep it as is?
    Not planning any change to this. You will still have to go out and find the puzzle piece.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

This FINALLY uploaded to the main aritcle... As some have already surmised, this is a sneak peek coming in hot of my character trying on the reward for 1400 collections.
    Thank you RIFT artists and Simon for working hard to get this out today.

I had to turn the wings back in again of course, but ONE DAY, they will be mine.
    MINE, I tell you!
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-09-2016 at 02:31 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

A few notes on how this functions:

* Each "Draw" is specific to each artifact set.
    * The more artifacts in the set you have collected, the more the "Draw" price will go down.
    * Clicking "Draw" will buy 1 random uncollected artifact for Credits from that set to be auto-consumed. If you only have 1 artifact left in the set, then you will get that one. There is no "weighting" to which artifact you get, it is completely random.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    So the key is the Greathound? Darn I knew it, better get right on that!

Lol great article, that pic is how I picture Mr Simon when placing some artifacts which really aren't Dwarf friendly (you need to change that Brasse) but from February 17th we can buy the artifact we need? Will that be for a certain time limit of artifact, say released a year ago? Will you be able to buy a whole set? (My Primalist needs a few things)
    This is not a timed thing, all current Artifacts will be available. We do have the ability to prevent a set from having this feature so if I decide it is the right thing for a particular set we may do that with some in the future.

Last but not least in the question department. Can we please have the Dead Simon skeleton at Callweddi as a dimension parser dummy please? THANKS.
    I might look into that in the future, my plate is quite full at the moment

Thanks Simon for all the great artifacts for all the whimsy in them from the whole team even the 80085 that gets linked in public channels at least monthly in amazement, artifacts and puzzles in Rift are superb!
    I do want to stress that the Artifacts are a collaborative effort. It is true I have made a huge number and placed probably the majority but there are many people on the RIFT team that help me out. Not least of which is Captain Cursor who loves to hide tid bits of lore and foreshadowing in there, among a whole lot of Trolls of course.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    How is that going to work if the artifact is needed for multiple sets?
    Each set has a Credit price and "draw" button. You pick which set you want to buy from. Clicking "draw" will buy 1 random uncollected artifact from that set. As you have more from that set collected, the price will go down. The price is cheapest when you have only 1 artifact in the set left to collect, so if you want to save money, go collect artifacts first then just buy the ones you've had trouble finding.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    Not sure it would be able to be consumed since there can be 2 to 3 sets which take the same artifact, so you would need to decide which set you wanted to include it in.
    As Gingers said it will auto consume. The Draw button is on each set itself. So you are rolling on a random artifact in that set, even if some of those artifact appear in other sets.

Default Is this on PTS yet

Is this change up on PTS yet so we can preview "how much it will cost".

Also a little confused, think I may have misinterpreted something...Simon can you clarify if we are purchasing a specific artifact from a specific set ( or as you note you can buy a whole set), you mentioned a random element here, would it not make sense to take the random element out and make it an item that we get to choose which set we want to place it into, after all its our hard earned credits that we are using?

Also wondering if it is able to be placed in your bags and perhaps therefore also tradeable? There would be an entire micro-economy just around this trading system REX becoming credits, becoming artefact, becoming plat, becoming REX, becoming credits, becoming another artefact...and of course on the other side of the scale you would have a massive plat sink remaining in place as more people cycle artifacts through auction house into their collections?

Anyway I can think of half a dozen sets that I have been trying to complete for a ridiculous amount of time so hopefully I have enough credits left...Good luck everyone!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    3-4 updates solely about monetization (with two of them being terrible decisions) and 1 good update about the tech upgrades?

Hmmm....

So what are the prices going to be? 3000 credits to finish a set off if you're missing what? 1, 2 pieces?
    This update is just as much about adding a ton more artifacts and collections as it is about offering a way for long-time collectors to finally finish some of their sets. The price is going to vary based on the set, the level, the number of missing artifacts... so it's impossible to quote a figure. As with anything else, when they go live, you can check the price and then make the informed decision as to whether or not it is worth it to you. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

If it is, you are also helping to support the ongoing development of RIFT. Paying people like Simon to keep on doing what they're doing. As much as we LOVE our work, we also have to make a living. =)

I am a Dwarf, and therefore cheap and miserly as dirt.
    I am going to do my level best to collect and trade for all my own glowies, but it's good to know that an option is available... I KNOW I have a few sets with just one item missing since I first started playing almost 5 years ago. You can bet I'm going to check them out.

Remember that artifacts are an optional pursuit in RIFT. They're awesome, but by no means mandatory to the game.

Well, unless you're me.
    ~Brasse

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Now I can finish my RoF chronicle set i've been trying to finish for the last 6 months..........

Will Bounty Artifacts be available aswell? got 7 more of those to finish every artifact set in game. yay?

I noticed these Shiney wings

Going to be for completing 1200 or 1400 sets? (probably 1400 since 1200 already has a reward).
    EVERY existing set will be included. When this goes live on the 17th there will be EXACTLY 1400 sets and these wings will be for the Achievement that I just added for collecting 1400 sets. Along with the Title "Dazzled by Shinys"

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    EVERY existing set will be included. When this goes live on the 17th there will be EXACTLY 1400 sets and these wings will be for the Achievement that I just added for collecting 1400 sets. Along with the Title "Dazzled by Shinys"
    Are the 6 primalist bounty artifact sets existing on live? I don't think a single one dropped yet for anyone but that doesn't surprise me considering how rare some bounties are.

One day, I hope I get a chance to sit down with CC and Dead Simon, and ask a whole bunch of questions about the lore-heavier artifact sets. There is SOOOOOOO much there that I wish we could get greater insight into.

*sighs*

Hey, if I bring brownies down to Trion HQ, you think we can make like a lunch date or something?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    One day, I hope I get a chance to sit down with CC and Dead Simon, and ask a whole bunch of questions about the lore-heavier artifact sets. There is SOOOOOOO much there that I wish we could get greater insight into.

*sighs*

Hey, if I bring brownies down to Trion HQ, you think we can make like a lunch date or something?
    I can tell you that my original article was easily TWICE as long, because you are right... there is SO much to learn. SO much lore. SO many interesting stories to tell.
    But I ended up cutting all that out because hey... TL;DR even for me.

What we need is an artifact-centric LIVESTREAM. I volunteer as tribute to host!
    ~Brasse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast