Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2206Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patron rewards get even BETTER!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Patron rewards get even BETTER!

Being a Patron already helps you level faster, travel quicker, discounts store items, as well as awarding extra loot and Affinity points every single day that you log in.

Remember that you can become a Patron and still remain a Free Player. You can earn in-game currency to purchase REX from the Auction House and gain Patron status - we want everyone to have the same gameplay benefits!

With the upcoming hotfix on February 10, 2016, we’ve got two brand new bonuses for our Patrons:

Immunity to Soul Vitality Loss
    The feature daredevils everywhere have been waiting for! The ability to take even more risks without losing a single ounce of vitality!

50% reduced Auction House fees and commissions
    Sell your hard-earned items and harvestables on the Auction House, for more profit than ever before!

In addition to these new bonuses, the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons:
    - stacking charges for Dungeons, Warfonts, and Instant Adventures
    - accumulating rest experience
    - queuing for specific Warfronts and Dungeons

There has never been a better time to step up to Patron status!
    It's the best experience in Telara, and it's getting even better.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hello all,

We wanted to go into more depth on the change in balance between benefits for Patrons and Free Players, to give you more insight into the reasoning behind these changes.

In addition to enhancing Patron status, these changes are designed to enhance the development revenues of the game as a whole, supporting the game we all love. We are fully committed to the long-term health of RIFT, and exploring options such as these that will keep Telara evolving over time.

The changes outlined today may also provide an additional benefit; we anticipate that they create more opportunities for playing together for all players. For instance, instead of spending all their charges on a single day of the week, a non-Patron will need to log in each day to get the benefits of their charges. This increases the average number of people participating in any given activity every day of the week, meaning shorter queue times and more people to play with. Similarly, by placing more people in random queues, queue times as a whole will shorten as the system has more players to work with in order to make appropriate teams.

Remember, you can play free and also maintain Patron status via REX in game. We want to be sure that we offer equal opportunity for all of our valued Ascendants in Telara.

Why now?
    The beginning of a new year is an excellent time to review all the benefits provided in game for our loyal Patrons, as well as our overall development strategy.
    What should we offer to Patrons? How is the game being played today, how are our development revenues doing, and what have we learned over the last year to make RIFT better for all players?

Rest XP, stacking charges, and the system for queuing for Warfronts and Dungeons are all things that have existed since RIFT was a subscription game. These were untouched when we converted to Free to Play. When any company takes the monumental step of converting a game to Free to Play, they make your best guess at what benefits should be provided for Patrons and non-Patrons, and then adjust over time as you review behavior and data.

Ultimately, all three of these systems fall under the category of convenience.
    - Rest XP gives you a boost in leveling speed.
    - Stacking Dungeon, Warfront and Instant Adventure charges allow you to delay using them until you're good and ready.
    - The ability to choose specific queues for Warfronts and Dungeons allows you to pick the exact content you want to do, when you want to do it.

These are of course beneficial and convenient, but not necessary in order to play RIFT. Therefore, they are the sort of thing we believe should be reserved for Patrons. When we reviewed RIFT as a whole this year, we identified this as an area we had overlooked previously.
    On a side note, any non-patron can group with a Patron friend, who can then select specific queues for the group. In this way, a Patron provides benefits to those around them.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about these changes.
    We’re always here and listening to your feedback.

The RIFT Team

Yea, locking BiS essences (not just by a little like event essences, we're talking 10%+) behind credit purchases was enough information.

Trion was on a slippery slope. You've officially taken your first fall.

While I understand why changes are necessary. Some of these are retroactive changes. If you did this at the start I could understand but changing it half way through the F2P model isn't a good idea.

I would much rather get different patron improvements, not take them away from F2P players.
    Summonable AH, or let us stack up to 10 charges for warfronts and duengons, don't take things away from the F2P player base.

Besides that, this will also significantly raise REX prices to the point that they may reach the new 5k cap. Making the said F2P change irrelevant.

I hope you reconsider some of these changes. Patrons DO want to be rewarded, but not at the cost of things the majority of the player base already have.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    STICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE!!! [A Stick]
    I'm a pvper, roleplayer, amateur dimensioneer and Shenoah's son
    Active member of SeastoneLivesMatter. #SeastoneBestStone
    Check out the New Rift Reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/ Be Constructive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    - The ability to choose specific queues for Warfronts and Dungeons allows you to pick the exact content you want to do, when you want to do it.
    for warfronts, not such a big deal, as its always been possible to get a high rate of specific maps via the random queue simply because others are queuing the map specifically.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Not only what the previous posters have brought up

BUT,

"COME ON MAN"

Really guys/grills???? Rift needs these type of things now? Really?

With so many issues/problems currently in game its nice to know that the money that is spent on this game is used to make more useless fluff.

*Golf Clap*
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

@Ocho

I think buffing patron is always a good thing to do, as it provides stable income if more people support the game on a regular basis, but I do have some concerns I want to share:

- The weeky quest "Guns for hire" requires 7 specific warfronts to complete it. with only a random queue f2pers could need tons of warfronts and still not get the ones needed. The only realistic chance would then be to queue together with a patron, but I do not think forcing people to play in a group if they prefer solo is the way to go. Therefore this quest needs to be changed to just "win 7 warfronts"

- You are currently doing something you haven't done in the past: you take away stuff from players that they were used to for years. In return all we got so far is promises about technical updates, but nothing we can test or do right now. I am not affected by any of the recent changes as I am patron for some more years but you only gave us a few new benefits (no soul damage and -50% AH fee) and the rest is just taking away from other players. I can understand why these changes are made and after thinking they sound reasonable to me - if a new F2P game would launch with these options noone would complain probably. But this isn't a new game, it followed certain "F2P rules", which nearly all got broken in the last weeks. And in return we only got 'plans on stuff that might happen some day but no timeframe set'.

- I think most players are currently really confused about the future of the game, in between of 'hey there are huge changes happening to improve the game' and 'wtf is going on here'. Please don't ignore questions from your community, even if they are unpleasant.

- I can understand that the player's don't have much influence on your business decisions, but you could integrate them better in your content decisions. Nightmare Tide is now 15 months old already and we all know it will be 4.0 time in not so far future. Invite players to test stuff, share your ideas about content. Silence makes people always think the worst. If you speak and discuss with the players (only writing 'we read your stuff and discuss internally' doesn't help much unfortunately) - then the general feeling will improve.

I hope all these changes were well-thought will pay out for the game - from a revenue point of view and for the game's health and thriving.
    TWITCH.TV/SESHATAR | TWITTER: @Seshatar | SUPPORT ME: EXTRA LIFE 2016!

IGN: Volturnus@Gelidra <Skins on Farm>

Telaran

These decisions are incredibly consumer-antagonistic. I simply can't believe a healthy company would be making these decisions.

Give Patrons things - the 50% commission reduction is a neat idea, as is the soul vitality immunity. Those GIVE new perks to Patrons.

Don't just take things away from everyone else, though. No one becomes happier because their neighbors and partners receive less.

Soulwalker

I thought patron was getting better

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I don't quite understand the suggested change to dungeon and warfront charges. If I understand correctly, unlike now, where if you have 7 charges and another day passes, you still have 7, this number would be 8? So for example, if you have 7 dungeon charges and don't log on for one week, you'll have 14 charges? So this is to eliminate the problem with any charges beyond the max amount of 7 being wasted, correct?

EDIT: Never mind. Completely missed the fact that it says "...the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons". Which is a lot worse. God damnit Trion. Rift must be doing way worse than I thought.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 02-04-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Out of curiosity.. Why don't you guys go back to the pay model and call it a day? Stop beating around the bush.

Plane Touched

I'm fine with most of the changes except for this:

Here's how the changes effectively change the choices available to me:
    • Let's say I am done for the day on my main because I'm out of charges.
    • I have an alt that I'd really like to get better geared.
      • Before, I could switch to the alt and run through 7 dungeons and get some marks. I could spend multiple days gearing the alt because there was the opportunity to do so with the charges.
      • With this change, once my alt has used its charge for the day, I'm done with that char and I'm leaving the game for the day.

As a player with 4 characters, all of who can tank, I don't have problems getting into dungeons. With this change, you're basically removing how I want to play the game (in bursts). To me, the limitation to stacking charges makes it not worthwhile anymore to have alts. This effectively removes the number of players available for matchmaking in queue.

Long queue times is a problem all MMO's face, but the cause is a natural lack of tanks, not because tanks would do a bunch of runs in a row. A better option would have been to find a way to motive people to tank, not artificially force players into waiting for charges.

Trion can make whatever changes it wants to the game, but this particular change is not enticing me to buy patron or spend money on credits. Honestly, it's rather infuriating.
    Last edited by Juxtaposed; 02-04-2016 at 06:27 PM.

In b4

Trion: "these changes will help us hire a pvp dev"

Pitchfork and Flaming Torch waving Forum Rabble: "oh, well that's all right then".

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

In addition to these new bonuses, the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons:
    What in the actual ****.

For instance, instead of spending all their charges on a single day of the week, a non-Patron will need to log in each day to get the benefits of their charges. This increases the average number of people participating in any given activity every day of the week, meaning shorter queue times and more people to play with. Similarly, by placing more people in random queues, queue times as a whole will shorten as the system has more players to work with in order to make appropriate teams.
    No, it won't. Instead of doing a series of experts on the single day that I do them currently, I will instead do just one. So the number of people I will have queued with will go down quite a bit. Similarly, the queue time for me won't shorten for me because I only queue with premade groups anyway.

I understand that a company needs money to continue, but are these changes seriously supposed to encourage people to buy patron instead of just quit/play less/spend less/care less/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    While I understand why changes are necessary. Some of these are retroactive changes. If you did this at the start I could understand but changing it half way through the F2P model isn't a good idea.

I would much rather get different patron improvements, not take them away from F2P players.
    Summonable AH, or let us stack up to 10 charges for warfronts and duengons, don't take things away from the F2P player base.

Besides that, this will also significantly raise REX prices to the point that they may reach the new 5k cap. Making the said F2P change irrelevant.

I hope you reconsider some of these changes. Patrons DO want to be rewarded, but not at the cost of things the majority of the player base already have.
    As one of the few people who defended the whole earring slot change... even I have to admit this one isn't a good idea. That being said I agree with what was said above. Don't take away from the free players if you can help it. Allow them to keep the stuff they already have. a few extra things to add to it:

- Allow patrons to have higher stacks of random dungeon/warfront charges.
    - Allow higher weekly caps along with the first point. This would allow patrons to gear up alts faster which we'd be paying money for at that point anyway. A lot of people like to play alts, but gearing (not to mention runes) is very time consuming with nightmare tide.
    - If there aren't already current plans to make this change, allow patrons to trade over void stones between characters. Again this would make the first first 2 points.
    - Fluff! Fluff is always a nice bonus to have. Eye glows, more weapon glows including the PA 50 quest faction exclusive glows ect.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast