+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2209Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patron rewards get even BETTER!

These accumulating bad decisions are what drove me to try out a different MMO and guess what happened? I actually loved it, especially their pvp system. Loved it enough to invest money into it rather than here. So... thanks for letting me discover a great game?

Rift is a great MMO, awesome lore, awesome gameplay... but when half your friendlist are gone and more are quitting because of ****ty decisions you make time and time again, there will come a point where you will simply have no more playerbase to cater to.
    Serale@Faeblight

Plane Walker

I've subscribed since the start and i like this game. Taking away things from players is a way to ruin your game and have flocks of people leave.

I totally get the reasoning behind doing this, if you did it when F2P went live. People would of felt like patron gave you enough over free to actually subscribe. Now you aren't adding anything, you are deleting.

Give patrons the ability to stack 7 plus the weekly 3 bonus and give f2p the ability to stack 3 with a purchaseable 3 stack charge for credits.

If this change does go through it wont really affect me in what i do, since i have patron. However, it will likely force a few guildies\friends to leave and they are the reason i play as much as i do....

Shield of Telara

Your main reason for the charge reduction on free players is the "data" that people burn alot of charges at once - not spread around the week. (gathered from the livestream)

Want to know why?

Because most people don't have time to play every day.

Your reposed changes will have a negative effect on this game. Your logic & reasoning is flawed. These changes will not improve anything. After reading your post Ocho, I also read between the lines. So Trion/Rift are under financial hard ship hot enough revenue coming in.
    A- To maintain the status quo.
    B- Not enough revenue to cover the up & coming changes to the addition of true multicore support and eventually 64 bit.
    C-All of the above & other plans in the pipeline.

The currant FTP is perfect the way it is. You should however improve your patron plan by making it look as if I NEED to be a patron to entice people to take up being a patron, ie increases the existing patron bonus by 10/15/20% maybe even include x% to marks of Darkness. (Bang for your bucks)

If Trion/Rift decide to go down the path you are looking at you will/may find rather than encourage new players you will turn them away & may/may not lose more people form your game?

The world is still in a GFC & you read every day company’s laying off people, even going under. I have seen the decline in the population in Rift over the years just like everyone that plays this game. As you can see the player base have voiced their concern.

I believe Trion/Rift need to relook at that you are considering to do with FTP model. I'm sure there’s time to look at other avenues to improve you revenue, this is NOT one of them. I hope the sake of the game/the wonderful people I have met & enjoy playing this game with you reconsider, before it too late to turn back.

Regards Z

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    These accumulating bad decisions are what drove me to try out a different MMO and guess what happened? I actually loved it, especially their pvp system. Loved it enough to invest money into it rather than here. So... thanks for letting me discover a great game?
    This is the real impact of negative changes. They act as a catalyst for otherwise content, happy players to try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    These accumulating bad decisions are what drove me to try out a different MMO and guess what happened? I actually loved it, especially their pvp system
    But Saber, which game did you play!
    Mageerza@Faeblight; Leader of that which once was, yet is still to come.
    Know before you judge, or be judged for judging what you don't know.

Ocho,

Sorry you have to eat the turd sandwich and announce this change to the community. That's what it is, a turd sandwich.

You're taking away playability to F2P customers. Stop trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Admit what's going on here. It's blatantly obvious. Trion needs more money to operate properly. You're taking the hard approach of making the game a bit less pleasant for F2P customers on the gamble they'll stop freeloading and buy into patron. One of two things are going to happen:
    1. People grudgingly (like me) will buy in on patron to keep what they had.
    2. People will quit the game and move to something like GW2, which went F2P recently.

If too much of the second happens you'll shoot yourself in the foot. The fewer F2Pers the fewer people who'll be willing to pay to play a dead game, no matter how good your content is. Tread lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Example: F2P Jimmy has to travel for work for a week, instead of coming home and doing 7 WFs and 7 NTE, now he does 1 WF and 1 NTE and logs, F2P Jenny watched a movie one night instead of playing Rift, now instead of doing 2 WF and NTE the next night she does one and logs. How does this help fill your "buckets" in any way?
    *signed*

Nonpatron people won't stay for another round when the LFG team worked well now... That's not convenient for patrons. Make it stack to 3 at least, also think about including stacks in the loyalty system too, this is very inconvenient.

Don't forget, nonpatron doesnt mean F2P unless you plan to be p2p with a cashshop. The real p2p games dont charge for additional bagslots, minion slots, dimension slots, wardrobe slots, PWW/Earring paywalls, etc etc.
    Voices - Bingzhu - Schroedinger

I hear voices in my head - They council me
    They understand - They talk to me
    .... .- - . ..-. ..- .-..

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Heh... no.

In addition to these new bonuses, the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons:
    - stacking charges for Dungeons, Warfonts, and Instant Adventures
    - accumulating rest experience
    - queuing for specific Warfronts and Dungeons
    Now instead of queuing for multiple dungeons because I was too busy at work on the previous days, I'll just do my one, log, and play something else - removing myself from the queue more than before.

You will not help your player base with this change.

Edit: Is there no middle ground?
    Last edited by Yvon; 02-05-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Telaran

Patron is not supposed to be a paywall.

Patron is supposed to be bonuses to speed up players and offer convenience. IE daily vials like we already have. Free teleports. Ect.

1) Removing peoples ability to specific queue basically makes your Warfront weekly for the average player impossible. This was a feature of the game that has been in since vanilla. Removing this for a free player (Without farming plat for hours for a Rex) seems completely unnecessary and kills the spirit of the game.
    Currently the random queue on WF's seems quick and to myself this comes off as an excuse to remove it to make people think they have to pay instead of making the game better for everyone.

2) Daily charges are something some players rely on. Not everyone can play every day and losing currency because someone can't (and shouldn't) log in every day feels completely like a pay wall. Rift is a game for entertainment not a job. With the wall to raiding in rift already being insurmountable to the average player, creating more walls and removing daily gainable currency is going to make people not want to play.

Patron should be BONUSES, not locking features of the game that have been here from the launch of the game. And it should never be a pay wall for players more than it already is. If Trion needs more money they should just come right out and say it. Not hammer the people who are already behind because lets face it, the population is not what is used to be and this is not going to help that in the slightest.

Rift Master

It's a Friday night and in the past 3 hours I've seen a couple NMR and SoL groups and that's it in crossevents. No RoF, MS,HK,iGP, MoM etc which truly makes me worry that the damage might already be done.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
    the population is not what is used to be and this is not going to help that in the slightest.
    I think it's pretty obvious they're more interested in squeezing every last cent out of the players they've got left rather than retaining or building a better player base. Bad times indeed.

Default PvP queueing - Guns for Hire

One answer to the guns for hire weekly for non patrons would be to allow quest completion on either the 7 specific warfronts OR 15 or 20 of any warfronts. That would ease the issue somewhat.

Plane Walker

Default Please, please reconsider this

As a guild leader of a guild recently returning to Rift, this is going to really, really hurt my ability to keep a good number of my players. If too many leave because of this, my guild will fold, and we will all leave. In addition, this hurts our ability to catch up anyone and everyone to the current end game content.

I beg you to reconsider. This change will kill the urge for people to return, their ability to get to the end game content, a lot of guilds...and most likely the game as well.
    "Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse." Eliot

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I have been pretty critical of most of Trion's decisions in the more recent past ever since the original garbage auction house changes went through. Like many here I dislike what this game is becoming more and more every day. I'm not sure how much of it is the changes themselves or the fact that Ive played almost five years and at some point boredom does set in too.

At the same time, I am not completely against the Patron changes. Yes I am a patron. Ive subscribed almost since the game came out, and I'm halfway through black loyalty tier. I have spent a pretty good amount of money on the game, though that's slowed way down to almost nothing as Ive become concerned with the recent direction of the game.

The issue I have with this discussion is there are actually three different groups of players when looking at the money being spent, or not spent, on the game.

1. Patrons- They pay the monthly fee and probably more
    2. Non-Patrons - They don't subscribe, but spend a pretty good amount of money on the game
    3. True F2P - They pay nothing and really play the game for free.

As a subscriber the patron changes really don't mean anything to me. Except for the AH fee going down I'm not really getting anything new. Its just stuff being taken away from F2P players. There is nothing truly new that would make current patrons say "wow"

True F2P players that have spent little to nothing on this game while playing it for a while don't have a valid opinion as far as I'm concerned. This is the part where I agree with Trion. The game is a business and not a charity. Yes, its free to play, but the people not spending money and complaining about the changes can flush their opinions down the toilet.

My concern comes from the third group. People that don't subscribe, but they do spend money in the shop. These are the people most likely to leave the game instead of subscribing now that they feel they are being forced. Ive spent far more money on the game through the shop than as a subscriber so I would be really pissed with these changes if I wasn't already a patron. There need to be options here that don't alienate these people. Maybe that means making Patron truly awesome by adding more to it than it has now so people actually want to sign up, or some way to keep from having game features taken away from these people. I have to question whether someone in red or black tier loyalty should be losing game features because the person is not technically a patron.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 02-05-2016 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast