+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1655Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    The average (last I checked) price for REX are around 2500p. That's the highest I ever see them go for.
    Here's some breaking news for you: the USA is not the only country in the world *shocked face*

And as it has been mentioned a dozen times throughout this thread, the average REX price on EU is ~3300 plat. A new player can hold 2500 plat. Notice the difference? People are concerned about this gap, especially as it has been brought up in this thread numerous times, and has been ignored in the sparse official replies we got so far.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer12 View Post
    As far as new players not being able to make enough plat to buy REX is a little silly.
    its not about making the plat the f2p plat cap is 2500 on a eu server rex is 3k+ and what if rex goes above 2500 on u.s.? its already about 2200+.
    Last edited by nessis; 01-27-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Rex needs to be limited in price on the AH if this change is going through to stop inflation.

(Or at least slow it.)
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-27-2016 at 05:45 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Rex needs to be limited in price on the AH if this change is going through to stop inflation.

(Or at least slow it.)
    Solves almost nothing since people would just stop selling it on AH altogether and do only player to player trades.

Rift Disciple

(Or at least slow it.)
    They need a mini-REX or REX Fragments which are a REX broken into 10 pieces and tradable (50 credits to turn to frags).
    Last edited by Riseofseren; 01-27-2016 at 05:51 AM.

Now it's up to us to decide how important the earring slots and PW:W for new players are. In casual guilds not that big thing, so i think only raid progression guilds are focussed on that, and progress players want to buy the slots and PW:W. Its in our hands to say: Okay you can go with us in this raid or to exclude the people without earrings ;)

This change represents such a departure it makes me feel real fear for the game's future for the first time. I have no qualms about spending money on a game which has given me hours of enjoyment, and I have no problem with an honest company trying to make an honest buck to keep the content flowing. My issue is that this is a turning point, and I have yet to see a good argument from Trion that it is a turn for the better. The sooner you show us more of what the future holds, Trion, the better your chances of redeeming our faith in our beloved game's continued viability.

And until Trion shows us whether this will make the game more profitable long-term, or is merely one last squeeze before abandoning the game to decay, I cannot financially support RIFT any longer at this time. Like so many of the previous posters, have also cancelled my subscription.

Simple fix, Trion take it upon themselves to sell REX for 2,000 plat in the Store, then it's up to players to 'undercut' Trion, problem solved. It'll stop all the Wall Street wannabe botters that have artificially increased REX prices in Europe for their own gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Solves almost nothing since people would just stop selling it on AH altogether and do only player to player trades.
    This is debatable, some people will still use the AH for convenience.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Simple fix, Trion take it upon themselves to sell REX for 2,000 plat in the Store, then it's up to players to 'undercut' Trion, problem solved. It'll stop all the Wall Street wannabe botters that have artificially increased REX prices in Europe for their own gain.
    Except the fact that everyone would just buy REX with plat instead of real $$ and Trion would end up even further in the red.

This is debatable, some people will still use the AH for convenience.
    A couple maybe but especially on EU I don't think convenience is gonna outweigh the 800+ plat difference.

Rift Disciple

I think that's how it's working in EvE if I recall correctly, and it's working there so should be no reason for it not to work in Rift.
    Le nerdrage francais

Only issue here is that REX generates hard currency revenue for Trion - this would remove that revenue stream.

Better option may be for trion to offer a $1 mini-REX = 1/10th of a regular REX and granting 100 credits in store, means you get more credits for a full REX, and less for the Mini-REx (lets call it a REXime).

Hopefully the AH price of a REXime would go no higher than say about 300 plat, that puts it within easy reach of the true free to play player, and allows them to purchase store fluff and or essentials when they need to by building up a stock of credits over time.

10 rexime would cost about 3k plat in chunks over time and would grant 1000 credits in store.

Doable?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I disagree with this.

I understand you want more money, but for all the new players you are putting up a pay wall. Using REX is not a fair ingame method as to getting them.

Plus, only a 2 day warning? New players or players that need them don't have enough time. AT least give them 2 weeks and give them a chance
    Oh yea BIG CASH GRAB, all those 1000's of new earingless players. if you don't have earings by now I have zero sympathy. if you just started recently you already have to spend a ton of money to fully unlock the game. They really new a new huge bundle aimed at new players for a reasonable price say $50-$80 to unlock everthing
    Last edited by kenx2020; 01-27-2016 at 06:18 AM.

And as it has been mentioned a dozen times throughout this thread, the average REX price on EU is ~3300 plat. A new player can hold 2500 plat. Notice the difference? People are concerned about this gap, especially as it has been brought up in this thread numerous times, and has been ignored in the sparse official replies we got so far.
    last i checked REX prices are inflated by the player base selling them - if you would love the price to go down on whatever shard you are on-that would mean that the very same ppl you play with on that shard would have to stop being greedy bastages ,lol. But i think we all know that's not going to happen, in any world , in any universe, or any shard.

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Oh yea BIG CASH GRAB, all those 1000's of new earingless players. if you don't have earings by now I have zero sympathy. if you just started recently you already have to spend a ton of money to fully unlock the game. They really new a new huge bundle aimed at new players for a reasonable price say $50-$80 to unlock everthing
    Right, so now anyone looking to play the game will see not only a $50-$80 start up cost, but also the fact that the price could increase even more while they're leveling with hardly a warning. That's a huge turn off. It's not just the cash grab. It's this cash grab on top of a ton of bad decisions lately. 90% of the players commenting have had the two unlocked for quite some time so that should tell you that the concern is something larger than this one cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast