+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1655Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Rift still has the best f2p model even after these changes are implemented.

If it was up to me things would be a lot worse for 'free' players.

For starters the f2p aspect of the game would only go up to level 50.
    They'd have to buy an account-wide package to unlock levels 51-65.
    That's buy-to-play and it's honestly a really good model to go by as it prevents stuff like this from happening.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    That's buy-to-play and it's honestly a really good model to go by as it prevents stuff like this from happening.
    Exactly.
    I mean, if you've got to level 50 then you obviously enjoy playing the game and shouldn't need to be asked to support the game financially.
    It should come naturally.

I can't think of any other form of entertainment that is 100% free.
    And gaming is an entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Exactly.
    I mean, if you've got to level 50 then you obviously enjoy playing the game and shouldn't need to be asked to support the game financially.
    It should come naturally.

I can't think of any other form of entertainment that is 100% free.
    And gaming is an entertainment.
    I'm for having everything be free for everything up to the previous expansion and then having the content from the current expansion be what you're buying.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Rift Disciple

sub cancelled and not being renewed

have mentioned this before:-

if rexes came in different sizes that benefitted ppl who bought them pricewise in size.

small rexes that ppl who don t have lots plat can buy for small amount of credits. say 5dollar for 600 credits instead 1250 for 10 dollar.

large rexes that have slight discount to cash shop buyer so they get better deal and can sell for more plat that grants larger credits amount. say 20 dollar for 2750 credit rex unit

they could be rare quality small and relic quality large and epic normal size ones.

would the smaller sized ones help ppl buy a few small ones over time to gain loyalty and solve plat cap problems?

Rift Disciple

normal epic as they already are

Soulwalker

Not quite sure who or what prompted this abrupt change to the system, but it is quite unfair to the free to play playerbase who now need to grind plat and not void stones for their earring slots.

There are many ways to persuade players to spend money on a game, but changing and restricting a system that players were familiar with is not the way to go. The system was perfectly fine the way it was, changing it would only make players mad. Surely you realized that, Trion?

Better to introduce new items in the game with credit only prices than changing prices to limit players.

Are there that many f2pers in the game? Who doesn't have an earslot unlocked? How much creds is it going to cost? Also it will be giftable in another hotfix. Are the people that really want to play for free in a for profit business world?

Short notice is an issue. Broken commitments to the stated f2p model, I understand. But it would seem to me a less of a grind to raise plat for Rex vs 100k void stone.

Also, patrons here who don't have earslots or pw unlocked?

Is the a better f2p model?

Just asking?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but hasn't Trion stated multiple times that the f2p model is a huge success and that they are bringing in alot more money then when they had a subscription? How can they make this claim, then allow decisions like this to go through? How can they let the state of the game fall so much, broken raids, broken matchmaking, increased lag everywhere.

The grind to catch up is already ridiculous just for one character, from more and more rng, to ridiculous prices nowadays for items. We are over a year into the expansion and the population is irrefutably declining and your going to make it even worse with these changes. No raid will take someone who hasn't got these items unlocked and when people realise this and see they are forced to pay real money to experience the game i'd bet a large majority will be turned off and leave.

If these changes go through, claiming your game to be "free to play" is a complete joke.

Thumbs up LMAO!

From what i understood, new FTP players are no longer welcome in this game good job !

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    But it would seem to me a less of a grind to raise plat for Rex vs 100k void stone.
    The problem is, F2P player have an account restriction and can not have more than 2500p on their account. A REX is 3400p to 3600p on EU, so it's a little bit difficult to buy REX for plat. To remove the plat restriction a F2P player need to buy an account extension, but this -you guess it- also require a REX which cost more than a F2P account can hold. Either way, this force F2P player to buy Credits or REX for cash or they will not be ablo to use certain items and no earrings. Earring slots are mandatory for any raider, because they are way too good items (with Orbs and Runes) that one could raid without them. No Pug or serious raid would accept a player with missing gear pieces.

And to the giftable part. Credit sellers on EU usually take 2p per 1 Credit, so this is not any cheaper than buying REX and therefore no option for F2P player.
    Last edited by Nehira; 01-26-2016 at 07:20 PM.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    The problem is, F2P player have an account restriction and can not have more than 2500p on their account.
    Per char, but this indeed!
    Last edited by Camoz; 01-26-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I think the problem is less the plat restriction on F2P accounts, and more the conversion of Rift to a Pay to Win model with this change.

Lav
    Soulwalker

Thumbs down

With this change I think I will cancel my sub as well. The thing that gets me is there is no explanation...I know many people who play rift that if they knew WHY this was happening may not cancel. Or if it was said that rift is having problems and needs more money there are dedicated players who would spend 5- 10 dollars or more even to help keep the game going, I would make sure to spend an extra few bucks that I can afford on top of the 50+ I already spend a month...now I think I will just buy the one rex for guild giveaway and then nothing more, sorry guildies but maybe not even that. I bought nightmare tide and have the earring slots and planewalker water but this is not right and without any reasoning it's like trion is saying we are not worth the explanation. I've played off and on since launch and for the last over 2years solid and now I am thinking that the game is coming to an end or will go under soon...makes me not want to continue investing my free time or money into this game. Idk, like others have said there should have been a solution to the issue of Euro players not being able to buy rex with the plat cap (those that want to play for free) and as others have mentioned more time to get the voidstone other than the 2 days notice.
    Whoever made this call seems not to have the players in mind and seems not to even care, really quite sad on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    The problem is, F2P player have an account restriction and can not have more than 2500p on their account. A REX is 3400p to 3600p on EU, so it's a little bit difficult to buy REX for plat. To remove the plat restriction a F2P player need to buy an account extension, but this -you guess it- also require a REX which cost more than a F2P account can hold. Either way, this force F2P player to buy Credits or REX for cash or they will not be ablo to use certain items and no earrings. Earring slots are mandatory for any raider, because they are way too good items (with Orbs and Runes) that one could raid without them. No Pug or serious raid would accept a player with missing gear pieces.

And to the giftable part. Credit sellers on EU usually take 2p per 1 Credit, so this is not any cheaper than buying REX and therefore no option for F2P player.
    It seems to me that this could be an opportunity to turn the market around. If a raiding guild wanted to assist members to acquire the slots, they would assist by purchasing at cost. I don't know the real cost of plat per credit in EU. What's the absolute costs of plat per cred? One can't trade void stones, but one sure can trade plat and rex.

Plane Touched

Default Bag of Innumerable Pockets locked, prior to 1/27?

I tried to buy a few bags today, only to find them "Currently unavailable for purchase".

Can we please get an extension on the ability to purchase these items?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast