+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1656Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeral View Post
    Well, thats it for me.

My dimes goes somewhere else.
    Posted a link to this thread on guild teamspeak.
    30 members quit after reading the thread, deposited all of their plat in guild bank and almost every single person is in another guild in another game already. lol.....
    Check the logs.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Posted a link to this thread on guild teamspeak.
    30 members quit after reading the thread, deposited all of their plat in guild bank and almost every single person is in another guild in another game already. lol.....
    Check the logs.
    Oh my, this makes me nervous. I just came back and spent a fair amount of money and guilds are falling apart?!
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Soulwalker

Default The last straw

This is how far you are willing you are willing to take your pay-to-win shenanigans?
    I have spent more than two years playing Rift and I have enjoyed it very much, but this is where I draw the line. I was willing to spend some actual money to get more crafting slots. But having to pay for two equipment slots is preposterous and I won't do it.

Not only are you gradually putting everything worth having behind cash walls now, the prices you ask for store items are ridiculously high ( 99 for an expansion pack of a free-to-play game? Really?). I for one, and I can see I'm not alone in this, am not willing to buy probably around 15-20 (or half that amount for that matter) worth of credits for 2 measly equipment slots... I can buy at the very least 1 or 2 other decent games for that price. And I think I will.

So this is goodbye. Rift has been a great game that I enjoyed very much and poured countless hours into. Alas, it has been ruined by greedy and downright baffling decisions from developers who don't seem to give two hoots about their community. As long as there's green in their pockets I suppose...

I know it is not up to me to tell everyone else here what to do, but when a company starts asking money for something as trivial as equipment slots and defends this position by claiming you still have to earn them through hard work, that is both selfish and contradictory. If anything, it's a very bad omen of what is still to come, and I urge everyone to acknowledge it as such. What you do then remains up to you, but I am done with Trion.

RIP Rift.

Whatever happened to no trials,no tricks,no traps?
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

Soulwalker

I stopped playing this game some time ago and was considering coming back, but it's pretty clear that the game is in an awful state, and this decision just shows where trion's motives are. They do not care about the player base, they care about pinching every penny they can out of a dying population. This game won't survive without new blood coming in, and with the amount of grinding a new player has to do to get raid ready is already absurd, add on top of that there's very necessary gear locked behind a paywall, and that's a sure way to drive away any curious soul. To everyone who is sticking around, it's only gonna get worse.

Prophet of Telara

Patron ending tomorrow- Will not be renewed.
    Wife's patron ending soon- Will not be renewed.

Planned to spend $100 on credits for my account and $100 on credits for my wife's account at the end of the week- Will no longer be making these purchases.

This is a direct loss of $230, at a minimum, due to this decision. A direct loss of a lot more in the future. I'm red loyalty from actual cash spent, not credit selling and flipping. My wife is orange loyalty from the same. When NT was announced we spent $300 on Ultimate Editions for our accounts. Have spent hundreds on lox boxes. Not another dollar will be earned from us if this change goes through.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meliannia View Post
    Extend the Deadline to TWO WEEKS! Allow those with 50k + VS to get earring slots unlocked for 50% price for first week after deadline.

By GrabThar;s Hammer.
    I feel terrible for whoever has been trying to grind their way to 100,000 void stones, are just short of their goal, and won't get there before tomorrow. Imagine all the people who have no idea this is going to happen.. and only find out about it after it's all said and done. I have been trying to say something every so often in the chat channels so hopefully more people will have some idea of what's going to happen tomorrow. Still, you know there are going to be people who have no idea what's happening.

At the 200 mark now, so far there's only one semi-positive post about the change, and there have been many, many (almost all of them) posts that disagree with the change.

The community is really speaking up on this one. Power to the players for once, kinda nice to see.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-26-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Patron canceled. Will not be renewing unless I see major changes.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Ultimately this is a business decision, to best support RIFT moving forward into the future. We're on the cusp right now of RIFT's 5th Anniversary, and we've got great stuff planned for 2016. But that stuff takes Engineers and Designers and CS and QA and a whole lot of other folks.

Having a large team producing amazing things is a benefit to everyone who loves RIFT, both those making it and those who play it. But making games like RIFT is expensive. and so we need to sell things in game to pay those folks. We try to offer a variety of services that appeal to a broad selection of folks. Sometimes we try one thing, sometimes we try another. But it's always a learning experience.

Both Earring Slots and Planewalker: Water went through a number of iterations during development before release, and when Nightmare Tide did release we decided at that time to allow them to be acquired via either a substantial investment of time via Voidstones or with purchase of a Nightmare Tide Collectors Edition. It's been over a year now since that release, and the team has decided to move in a slightly different direction with these unlocks.

With the current system, at level 65 I can probably grind out the cost faster via purchasing a REX for in game currency than I could earn the requisite Voidstones. I've spent money on RIFT so I don't have to worry about the currency cap, and REX prices on NA have dropped a little recently which helps, but ultimately there still exists an avenue where players can turn in game effort into credits to acquire these items.

We are definitely listening, and want your feedback on this decision. As a result of one post for example we'll be allowing gifting on these items so you can gift them to a friend if you so desire. Your feedback is being read by people at every level here at Trion, and is taken into account so please keep it coming. The one thing we ask is that even if you disagree that you avoid personal attacks, otherwise any sort of dialog on this choice breaks down.
    REX costs about 4K on EU Shards, just so you know... How exactly is that faster when the platinum cap is 2500 for players who have never spent actual money? You can't go around claiming people can still get those things through game effort if you have to buy enough credits to remove the cap.

And sorry Ocho, as much as I respect you, none of you are listening. I think the two days heads up pretty much spells out that the community has no say in this and never will. At the most, they are tolerating feedback because they already knew this would cause trouble. Because this is a bad decision. So please don't give us that.

If the developers want to make more money from their game, that's their business and they have every right to do so. Just don't advertise this as a free-to-play game when it very clearly isn't and you'll avoid any form of conflict. The only way RIFT could be considered free-to-play now is as a big demo.

I stopped my patron a while ago. Now looking to move to another game. Would rather pay for subs and have a voice than be ignored and treated like dirt.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're going allow Earring Slots and PlaneWalker: Water to be purchased individually for Credits, and will be removing the Typhoon Edition from the store for Credits.

Prices will be as follows:
    1. Earring Slots -2250 Credits
    2. Planewalker: Water - 1500 Credits
    Here is the best part about this whole thing, since they are gracious enough to allow for "gifting".

Current gifting prices are at about 1.3 plat per credit so while planewalker will still be purchaseable on NA servers, Earring Slots will cost about 2925 plat. Well above the free to play cap. Yes, Rex are currently 2.2k-2.4k but with this change it is easy to see them going above the cap as well. This is just on the NA server market. EU just got screwed completely. Not a chance for them to obtain either without straight purchase.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    Patron ending tomorrow- Will not be renewed.
    Wife's patron ending soon- Will not be renewed.

Planned to spend $100 on credits for my account and $100 on credits for my wife's account at the end of the week- Will no longer be making these purchases.

This is a direct loss of $230, at a minimum, due to this decision. A direct loss of a lot more in the future. I'm red loyalty from actual cash spent, not credit selling and flipping. My wife is orange loyalty from the same. When NT was announced we spent $300 on Ultimate Editions for our accounts. Have spent hundreds on lox boxes. Not another dollar will be earned from us if this change goes through.
    I have like 1 1/2 years still left on my patron account. I bought a year in December when they had the sale. Little did I know this was coming. I'm like you, I have red tier loyalty all out of my own pocket, and up to now, hadn't regretted spending all that money. The amount of disappointment I feel about Trion doing this is greater than I can really express.

Some people might think the price for the earring slots is not that much, and I would agree, it's not that much.. but it's the going back on their word of not putting gear behind an actual pay wall that gets me. For a new player who is f2p, the amount to get the REX will seem probably too hard to get, and they will either have to pay up to get the slots open, or fall behind in progression. I'm not saying getting 100,000 void stones is a walk in the park.. it's not.. but at least it was more dependable for f2p players than hoping to somehow get enough plat to buy a Rex.. actually, they will have to buy 2 REXs because each REX is 1250 credits, and to unlock the earring slots you need 2250 credits. So, um.. yeah, I feel bad for them.

Also, it would have been nice had Trion let people know about this change back when they were having 1/2 sales on the Nightmare Tide packages. I believe the Typhoon edition was only like 12.00 dollars. People would have been able to make a "well informed choice" about buying that package, the other higher priced ones.

This is very remarkable. Trion, look at the registration dates of a huge chunk of the poster in this thread. Does this ring any alarm bell for you, that people that are registered since 2011/2012 with less than 30 forum posts logon just to express their frustration and disappointment over decision like this? It's not the usual few that have the loudest (and often stupid) voice who complain. No, it's loyal long time members (read: people who paid your (Trion employees) salary for years) that turn their back on you.
    Last edited by Nehira; 01-26-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Prophet of Telara

Let's also look at the gouging this has created.

Currently you can buy Typhoon Edition for 24.99. This includes:
    Planewalker: Water
    Earring Slots
    Extra bag slot
    Title
    Manugo league membership.

With the current pricing that is being given, you can buy yourself JUST the earring slots and the Planewalker: Water for the low low price of $30 if you go the REX route that was so generously offered! Who needs the extra stuff you would have gotten for $5 less!
    Last edited by Oddr; 01-26-2016 at 03:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast