+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1656Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    So to have full access to end game, someone somewhere along the line will be required to purchase at least 12250 credits (Planewalker Water: 1500 credits, Earring Slots: 2250 credits, Storm Legion Soul Pack: 3500 credits, Dream Soul Pack: 5000 credits). Even gifting with Patron discount that is a minimum of $60 USD.

You folks should stop being disingenuous and call yourselves Buy to Play at this point.
    With this in mind this game should just go back to being subscription based.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Default some sums to do with earring stats

just did some numbers - I have earrings equipped, they are by no means BIS but in total and with dream orbs and runes they give me the following stats.

Dex: 781
    Str: 268
    End: 541
    Crit: 388
    Resist: 1012

That's quite a hefty chunk of stats to not be able to get if you cannot afford to use real money to purchase credits, or be lucky enough to be in the US where a REX is currently less than 2500 plat (this will change as all players buy all available REX in next couple of days to turn a tidy profit) and I know not having this additional set of stats would be adverse in terms of getting a raid spot.

I know of people who are just getting into game and will be completely put off at the idea that the game I have raved about to them will suddenly introduce what amounts to a content block.

Ocho is there any chance that some of the alternatives suggested in this forum could be taken on board instead?

Many options:

1. Credits for fluff items
    2. Longer time frame for people to continue to collect VS and trade in against those items
    3. Dropping prices for some of the older packs to allow new players to get into that content faster and more cheaply
    4. Increased plat cap for new player accounts to allow them to be able to afford REX

Tuppenceworth done for now, though frankly still very disillusioned by this decision.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Adventuring in the Plane of Water is no simple matter; gear to the max if you want to survive. Until January 27th, you can unlock Planewalker: Water and Earring Slots with Voidstones!

Certain gear is restricted to the most accomplished of adventurers; those who have battled through numerous challenges and earned the right to wear it. In order to derive strength from coveted mystical earrings and powerful gear limited to those who have faced the most strenuous encounters in the Plane of Water, for a limited time remaining you can spend a hoard of Voidstones to unlock these special abilities.

Starting with the update on January 27th, Earring Slot unlocks and Planewalker: Water will be offered as individual purchases for Credits on the marketplace. You can still unlock them through gameplay by using your in-game currency to purchase REX from the Auction House!

You can also invest your Voidstones in the Bag of Innumerable Pockets and Crafter’s Energy Infusion before the 27th – don’t miss this final opportunity!

Don’t delay – trade your Voidstones for these cool items today!
    Wow that is a super scummy move and truly moves the game toward p2w. Nothing like this should ever be locked behind a paywall. Please remove the no tricks, no traps from the advertisement for Rift. Locking equipment slots and equipment itself behind a paywall is the move of bad F2P games... not Rift

Rift Master

Ultimately this is a business decision, to best support RIFT moving forward into the future. We're on the cusp right now of RIFT's 5th Anniversary, and we've got great stuff planned for 2016. But that stuff takes Engineers and Designers and CS and QA and a whole lot of other folks.

Having a large team producing amazing things is a benefit to everyone who loves RIFT, both those making it and those who play it. But making games like RIFT is expensive. and so we need to sell things in game to pay those folks. We try to offer a variety of services that appeal to a broad selection of folks. Sometimes we try one thing, sometimes we try another. But it's always a learning experience.

Both Earring Slots and Planewalker: Water went through a number of iterations during development before release, and when Nightmare Tide did release we decided at that time to allow them to be acquired via either a substantial investment of time via Voidstones or with purchase of a Nightmare Tide Collectors Edition. It's been over a year now since that release, and the team has decided to move in a slightly different direction with these unlocks.

With the current system, at level 65 I can probably grind out the cost faster via purchasing a REX for in game currency than I could earn the requisite Voidstones. I've spent money on RIFT so I don't have to worry about the currency cap, and REX prices on NA have dropped a little recently which helps, but ultimately there still exists an avenue where players can turn in game effort into credits to acquire these items.

We are definitely listening, and want your feedback on this decision. As a result of one post for example we'll be allowing gifting on these items so you can gift them to a friend if you so desire. Your feedback is being read by people at every level here at Trion, and is taken into account so please keep it coming. The one thing we ask is that even if you disagree that you avoid personal attacks, otherwise any sort of dialog on this choice breaks down.
    In the last year and a half (give or take) you put out to store the dream soul packs, all the NT packs, primalist pack along all the other store things that are there. All of those were supposed to be so that NT was being developed and to cover the costs and ofc make you some profit.

Also some months ago you have raised the prices for REX and patron subscription with almost exaclty the same replies why you did it. Now you are asking even more money from potential new players (mainly since i guess most long standing ones already got this) so they can fully aprticipate in the content which without the earings they really can't.

On top of all the packs and rise of prices you are more and more relying on your customers to test the content for you and work as a sort of QA at the same time and provide with detailed bug reports and feedback. Of which you seem to ignore a lot and continue requesting more and keep saying its not ignored.

Now please answer me this. You expect your custumers to belive what you wrote there in the quote but constantly, for a while now, we have been getting broken and unfinished content month after month without sometimes even aknowlegment about it. So how can you say with a straight face that all the price increases and all other soul/NT packs will provide for the "great stuff in 2016" when you are not even able to deliver it after claming that the last time.

Honestly i really think you need to work out on your communication with your costumers, among other things, as i have a feeling that you think of us as being very naive and belive all the PR crowd controll promises you are saying, but can't deliver most of the time and hoping people forget about it.

I understand you are a buisness and want to make proffit and such, but raising prices and treating your costumers as your testers and telling them nice storries so they will be quiet and continue to pay will not go well for long. I would believe that if you actually delivered good and polished content you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. So far sadly you haven't showed any inteest in doing so at all.

Regards,
    Jotunn(Tyael)
    Last edited by Jotunn; 01-26-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Plane Touched

While I certainly disagree with the change in general, that does come down to a business decision. Plus it isn't too surprising given the direction of the game lately.

But a two day warning on something like this, which is a pretty damn long grind is a total dick move. Give people a few weeks to wrap up or start farming and then close it. Just another example that trion doesn't really give a crap about the player base.
    Last edited by Lappdancer; 01-26-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Plane Walker

Default Wow, a semi-positive post finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Z3pn0 View Post
    Frankly I'm amazed at the outrage here. Understandably, some users are upset but I think this is for the greater good. Choices had to be made to preserve the future of Rift. Knowing they have our best interests in mind is reassuring even if it may not seem so at first.

The decision isn't really that bad all things considered. Realistically, the game has to earn income somehow. Improving the game experience for everyone will come at a cost. Only a small subset of the user base will be affected anyway. New polished content and bug fixes will be worth it after all.
    After reading the past 11 pages full of negative posts, I finally come across one somewhat positive post on page 12. I don't agree, but I just found it interesting that it took that many pages before someone had anything really positive to say about this. It's going to affect more people than we will probably ever know though, because of the number of new players that simply won't even try. I wrote a fairly decent guide on Reddit, going over many of the then current game mechanics. I also went over how to take advantage of the various methods for playing the game, both with and without credits spent. Hell, I even included what I felt was the cheapest way to get a good deal of benefits (buying the boxed game on Amazon for less than patron cost, and get patron for free for a month, win/win). Guess I need to do a new guide, explaining the new changes. Not good, just... not good. And I agree with a lot of people, Trion doesn't seem to have the best interest of the playerbase in mind. At all.
    Increase the peace, decrease the chaos.

Is the removal of the Soul packs from Steam a part of this change? I noticed today that they are gone, although the Dream Soul pack is currently still on the Glyph/Trion web store.
    Nazzir@Faeblight
    <Shadetouched>

Soulwalker

Question Greetings!

Oh well trion srsly.. with you announcing this, now 2 days before, when weekly cap is allredy out of some players reach. I think someday soon, only thing we'll see is ppl runing off for another games.. (Yes other games exist! O= ).. It seems REALLY wierd to me that you push this up in so little warning...? Can you somehow maybe tell us whaTAF were you planning on this one.. add +350 hit bag maybe? (not funny) Or forever Shutting out those f2p ppl who have to actually worked for their stuff... as was the purpose?

Please lighten up the purpose of this update. .

- Yours Camoz

(Correction, misstought hit//mainstat)
    Last edited by Camoz; 01-26-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    I'm genuinely scared for the state of the game if this was deemed a good idea. Is Rift funding being cut? Is the game going to be shut down?

Money grabs don't happen for no reason. Something is up. :/
    My thoughts exactly

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    With this in mind this game should just go back to being subscription based.
    Personally I don't ever plan to play a sub based game again unless it's just absolutely insanely good(which in it's current state I'm not sure Rift is).
    I spend about the same amount of real $$ whether it's F2P, B2P or Sub based but I like the freedom the first two options afford me. In F2P and B2P models I feel I can come and go as I please while with sub based games I feel locked in. Like if I buy a sub for a year(or even a month sometimes) then halfway through I'm just not feeling the game for w/e reason and want to take a break I feel I wasted money which annoys me. Furthermore I don't think Rift's current issues were caused by going F2P or will be solved by going back to sub based. I think they probably just siphoned off too many resources from Rift and instead used them on other games.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Camoz View Post
    Oh well trion srsly.. with you announcing this, now 2 days before, when weekly cap is allredy out of some players reach. I think someday soon, only thing we'll see is ppl runing off for another games.. (Yes other games exist! O= ).. It seems REALLY wierd to me that you push this up in so little warning...? Can you somehow maybe tell us whaTAF were you planning on this one.. add +350 hit bag maybe? (not funny) Or forever Shutting out those f2p ppl who have to actually worked for their stuff... as was the purpose?

Please lighten up the purpose of this update. .

- Yours Camoz
    This gave me amazing idea, give hit to earrings and remove it from gloves/boots. So you can't even get hit req without earrings, would be better wouldn't it?

Back to topic, I find this really bad decision. As stated few times before, this is not a barrier for most of the current players, but a terrible thing to look at for a new player. I don't think the F2Pers will bother getting the earring slots if it's paywalled, so they will try to NTE/raid/stuff only to find being kicked because they have low stats (missing earrings). Well, I'd quit at that time, and I don't think it will be much different, if they even bother getting 65.

I expected that the slots will be given free to all chars after time passes. Or do you plan to add new slots to new expansion? So players have to get earring slots and this new slot to even be able to attend the new dungeons?

Well, I cancelled my sub, good move.

Plane Walker

Default Vanilla Rift... the memories of Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by wowerfreaktobi View Post
    Yes, please.

Remember when Trion was only Rift? Full of developers and community leads who were full of life? Raids that weren't (completely bugged. I'll let the Zilas fiasco slide)

I do.
    I still remember when everyone was running around in Beta, fighting over ore spawns, and someone linked the bunny tear. Everyone laughed, and chatted over all the different new things we were seeing in the game. And in the middle of the chat, a Dev made a comment regarding the chat, came up flashing big white text all over the screen. Man, we had a ball. I miss those days, I really do. I would actually pay to play a shard that had the Vanilla Rift, level 50 restrictions and all. Just give us back those old quests that we can't do anymore, give us the old crappy gear, and let us roam free to re-explore the old days again. And fix the bugs with the money we give you.
    Increase the peace, decrease the chaos.

Extend the Deadline to TWO WEEKS! Allow those with 50k + VS to get earring slots unlocked for 50% price for first week after deadline.

By GrabThar;s Hammer.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Originally posted by Daglar on May 14, 2013:

"Veteran & New Players – What To Expect
    The way we have always built RIFT is not changing – we will continue to listen to feedback, respond to it, and work on our long-term goals. We remain committed to adding new content, new systems, and pushing the game forward.

Ember Isle Onslaught :You can still expect weekly hot fixes to address bugs and issues; you can still expect major patches and feature releases – the RIFT team works hard and always will. As a subscriber (now officially a “Patron”) you’ll also get bounties of treasure and awesome bonuses to give you the extra edge and convenience you need for all your adventures in Telara!

Patrons receive access to a suite of abilities usable once per day that grant buffs to experience, currency, notoriety, and a number of additional convenience benefits. We are not jacking up the experience curve to make these benefits required – all of these bonuses are completely optional and playing without them you will experience RIFT exactly as it is today. We want to make sure that becoming a Patron is a great value, but it’s not required. If you’re a free player and want the same benefits for a specific duration, you can purchase Patron Passes of varying lengths from the in-game RIFT Store.

After June 12, all players will have total access to the entire world: every dungeon, every raid, every Warfront, and every level. We won’t be locking our content or advancement behind walls – our goal is to break down every barrier. We want more people playing together and more people having fun together. A new free player has restrictions on their starting inventory, character slots, and you won’t have access to the Storm Legion souls, but you really are getting the whole game for free.

So what about veteran players? You’re not losing anything – all of the features you enjoy today are yours forever! While we may offer more storage, more role slots, and more wardrobe slots, we will never be taking away anything you have earned if you have ever subscribed to RIFT. There are a variety of additional benefits to having been a previous subscriber, including a one-time award of Credits & Loyalty (we’ll talk more about this later) once the game has converted to Free to Play.

Maelforge Rawwrrrrr NOM NOM NOMWith this change RIFT will have an expanded in-game store that you can use to purchase a variety of services, mounts, boosts, wardrobe items, and actual equipment. Some items will have a dual currency price – one price in real-money Credits and another price in game currency.

We are not selling power. We are not pay to win. Every piece of stat-granting equipment that you can buy from the store can also be gained through play. Our philosophy is that the very best gear in the game must be earned. You won’t find a max level best-in-slot trinket that can be purchased for Credits."

End Quote.

Original post: http://community.riftgame.com/2013/0...-free-to-play/
    Thank you for the information Kale!

Prophet of Telara

We're going allow Earring Slots and PlaneWalker: Water to be purchased individually for Credits, and will be removing the Typhoon Edition from the store for Credits.

Prices will be as follows:
    1. Earring Slots -2250 Credits
    2. Planewalker: Water - 1500 Credits
    Horrible decision and goes completely against what the community was told about Rift not being pay to win

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast