+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1656Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Last Chance to Get Earring Slot Unlocks and Planewalker: Water with Voidstones!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're going allow Earring Slots and PlaneWalker: Water to be purchased individually for Credits, and will be removing the Typhoon Edition from the store for Credits.

Prices will be as follows:
    1. Earring Slots -2250 Credits
    2. Planewalker: Water - 1500 Credits
    I think that you guys can stop writing the State of whatever letters, we clearly got the message...
    {insert facepalm here}

We're going allow Earring Slots and PlaneWalker: Water to be purchased individually for Credits, and will be removing the Typhoon Edition from the store for Credits.

Prices will be as follows:
    1. Earring Slots -2250 Credits
    2. Planewalker: Water - 1500 Credits
    Will you be making the earring slots account wide at least? The Typhoon Edition allows for this but the earring only unlock does not.
    thelarry@greybriar

What's the point of even letting us post and give feedback, if it's just going to get ignored?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    Ocho,

What was the reason for not keep both options? Why not let players buy earring slots with either 2250 credits or 100,000 voidstones. What is the reason for limiting it to only credit purchases only? Please help us players understand.

Thank you\.
    Ultimately this is a business decision, to best support RIFT moving forward into the future. We're on the cusp right now of RIFT's 5th Anniversary, and we've got great stuff planned for 2016. But that stuff takes Engineers and Designers and CS and QA and a whole lot of other folks.

Having a large team producing amazing things is a benefit to everyone who loves RIFT, both those making it and those who play it. But making games like RIFT is expensive. and so we need to sell things in game to pay those folks. We try to offer a variety of services that appeal to a broad selection of folks. Sometimes we try one thing, sometimes we try another. But it's always a learning experience.

Both Earring Slots and Planewalker: Water went through a number of iterations during development before release, and when Nightmare Tide did release we decided at that time to allow them to be acquired via either a substantial investment of time via Voidstones or with purchase of a Nightmare Tide Collectors Edition. It's been over a year now since that release, and the team has decided to move in a slightly different direction with these unlocks.

With the current system, at level 65 I can probably grind out the cost faster via purchasing a REX for in game currency than I could earn the requisite Voidstones. I've spent money on RIFT so I don't have to worry about the currency cap, and REX prices on NA have dropped a little recently which helps, but ultimately there still exists an avenue where players can turn in game effort into credits to acquire these items.

We are definitely listening, and want your feedback on this decision. As a result of one post for example we'll be allowing gifting on these items so you can gift them to a friend if you so desire. Your feedback is being read by people at every level here at Trion, and is taken into account so please keep it coming. The one thing we ask is that even if you disagree that you avoid personal attacks, otherwise any sort of dialog on this choice breaks down.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #140

Quote Originally Posted by thelarry View Post
    Will you be making the earring slots account wide at least? The Typhoon Edition allows for this but the earring only unlock does not.
    I'll investigate this a bit further. My understanding is the credit purchase would be an account wide unlock, but I'll have to verify.

but ultimately there still exists an avenue where players can turn in game effort into credits to acquire these items.

Is this really the case? Many posts have mentioned (and the game faq) that there's a limit on plat for "free" players. So if REX is higher than this cap how is a free player to earn enough to buy a REX?
    thelarry@greybriar

With the current system, at level 65 I can probably grind out the cost faster via purchasing a REX for in game currency than I could earn the requisite Voidstones
    This is a false statement because a REX price will inflate. Void Stones are set, only locked behind the weekly limit. You know you have to grind X hours for X weeks to earn X reward. REX is not the same. You can see REX at 2k (false number used for a point) on the auction house. Spend a month grinding 2k, only for the new price with the new market to be 2.5k. Okay so u spend another week earning that additional 500 plat ....... price went up again.

NOT TO EVEN MENTION there is a plat cap on new accounts. How is a new account/new player, expected to "grind out the cost for rex" when their account cannot even have that much plat, or see the auction house to begin with? --- The answer? Spend money on the game to unlock that feature.

See where we are going with this?

tldr
    REX still requires someone to purchase it for money. Void Stones do not.

This logic is flawed, and the justification is incorrect.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Fia

We are definitely listening, and want your feedback on this decision. As a result of one post for example we'll be allowing gifting on these items so you can gift them to a friend if you so desire. Your feedback is being read by people at every level here at Trion, and is taken into account so please keep it coming. The one thing we ask is that even if you disagree that you avoid personal attacks, otherwise any sort of dialog on this choice breaks down.
    So will you raise the platinum cap for f2p-players, or do you have some other workaround planned (like maybe some sort of "savings-wallet" that doesn't have a platinum cap, where players can pay platinum into and use to buy REX, but not withdraw that platinum anymore once it's been put into that "savings-wallet")? Otherwise you cannot claim that you can grind platinum to buy REX, it just doesn't work (on EU) with current REX prices (and I'm guessing REX prices will go up to around 3800-4000 platinum with these changes).
    Last edited by Fia; 01-26-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Default Eu prices of REx still out of reach of new players

This does exclude the portion of the market that do not want to spend money/cannot spend money to purchase rex/credits, and REX are out of reach of these players on the EU servers in any case as the price of one is higher than the cap currently - perhaps trion could raise that currency cap to 5000 platinum so that those players will not feel excluded from end game content which will require them to have full armour and accessory sets.

But should also say thank you to Ocho for replying!

Rift Disciple

We are definitely listening, and want your feedback on this decision.
    When there's 10 plus pages on this thread, and not ONE of them is positive, can you honestly say you are listening to your customers? We've given you 10+ pages of feedback, and you are ignoring all but 2 posts.

Plane Touched

To add my plea to those above. If we are going ahead with this (and I really don't think it is a good idea) my understanding of the account extension is it was to prevent gold spammers and sellers. Preventing individuals from accessing the AH should help with this, but given the rising cost of credits from store sellers and cost of REX, please please increase the Plat cap for new F2P players. A change in this direction would go some way to maintaining credibility in saying that there is no P2W element to the game.

Thx

Thunrar
    You are entitled to a vomit bag, if you do not have one, one will be provided for you. We're strapped for cash so it may be used, barf carefully!

Councillor Thunrar@Zaviel Keeper of the Dead <Servants of None>
    Guild Motto: Why did that happen? Because **** you that's why!

Make the next expansion buy to play at the start so decisions like this don't happen again (including any expansion soul packs).

Would be better for everyone involved.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-26-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Can we just skip all this crap and go back to a sub model?

I started in October, had problems with my credit card for online usage... so the only viable way was to use voidstone, If I didn't have that option I wouldn't probably have invested 20-30 bucks later on, food for thought.
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Can we just skip all this crap and go back to a sub model?
    Buy to play would prob be better at this point.

Have to purchase an expansion to grind up to new levels and play the expansion content with a one-time fee. F2P players would be limited to the rest of the game up-to said expansion.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast