+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree24Likes
  • 9 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 7 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 2 Post By Jegodin
  • 2 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 4 Post By TrionBrasse

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest temporarily shutting off for a hotfix.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Exclamation Conquest temporarily shutting off for a hotfix.

So this is what happens when Ocho is out. Stuff happens. Things break inexplicably. Devs invent new adjectives and pejoratives. They all show up at my desk to ask me to advise you all. =)

Here's what's up: Dev has been making adjustments to Conquest, to shorten Phase 1, lengthen Phase 2... so far so good, but this also appears to bork Phase 3. Yes, bork is a technical term. I looked it up.

We are going to run a hotfix behind the scenes on both NA and EU servers. This means we are going to TURN OFF CONQUEST, within the next few minutes, and lasting for an hour or more to address the issue.
    We are not planning to bring down the servers at this time.

Not to make undue light of the situation - making sure Conquest is working correctly is a high priority for us, and we thank you for your patience while we sort this out.

We'll let you know when Conquest is available again!
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-16-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks for the quick response.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

I will now regale you with more techno-babble from Dev on the Conquest bug.

They feel they "may have," "might be," "probably," "could have" a fix for the Conquest issue. Yes, those are direct quotes.

What they don't want to do is push the fix out without fully testing it first because that would be "dodgy as all get out," so they've sent me back here to tell you that Conquest will STAY down until tomorrow.

Better down than broken, and better down than making you scream blue murder.
    AMIRITE?
    We'll get this sorted. Dwarf's honor.
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-16-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Better down than broken, and better down than making you scream blue murder.
    AMIRITE?
    Brasse
    Why doesn't the Assault on Bronze Tomb get this same treatment?

edit: I am screaming blue murder.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 12-16-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    Why doesn't the Assault on Bronze Tomb get this same treatment?

edit: I am screaming blue murder.
    best treatment would be for them to admit they royally stuffed both of them up, throw them down the toilet and give us something worth spending time on.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    ...snip...
    What if I scream blue murder to have you do more announcements, as your's are far more entertaining and informative than Ocho's?
    Last edited by Caldorian; 12-17-2015 at 07:40 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    What if I scream blue murder to have you do more announcements, as your's are far more entertaining and informative than Ocho's?
    No, you really don't want that. Trust me. Us Dwarves are not known for our tact and discretion!
    However, I will be back in the new year with my campaign for FEMALE DWARF BEARDS IN RIFT. I expect you all to help out. Please. PLEASE! =)

Brasse

you,dear sir or madam , need to talk more!

those two posts of yours made me smile . i was imagining devs scratching heads and looking around the office in various directions carefully avoiding eye contact

on the bit more serious side, game community can relate to your informing (or dis-informing) style. you "speak" our language, unlike the "you know who" with semi politically correct terms

cheers Brasse

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

One of the main challenges to working in Community is that we learn to be very careful with what we say or how we say it. Even minor issues can become ENORMOUS FIYAHS, and then every single word we write is analyzed and interpreted to suit other people's perspectives.

I've been excoriated many times in the past, believe me, and I understand why most CMs are very dry and careful in their communications, for reasons of self-preservation. It sucks when a quote is used in a troll's signature for all time. =)

The battle of semantics and perception is not an easy one, but we Dwarves have excellent armor and very thick skin.
    ;-)#
    Brasse

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Ok, peoples of the RIFTS...

We are about to turn Conquest back on (it will roll up slowly, so don't start hammering on it too hard).

Here's the thing: there is a limit to how much we can test this internally, because even if we had every single employee log on to try it, it's too small a sample size. This means we need your help, and your forbearance if we need further tweaking.

So, please, help test this new build with what we hope is a solid fix. It works internally.
    GO FORTH AND TELL US HOW IT GOES!

Leaving this channel open. We also hope to leave Conquest open.
    ;-)#
    Brasse

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Aaaaand you lot were hopping in before I even hit "submit reply."
    Gotta love the enthusiasm. We are also tracking this as well as we can based on data feeds. Watching. Waiting. Anticipating.

Help a Dwarf out: if you see folks talking in chat about issues with the newly hotfixed Conquest, please have them come post detail and rational feedback here.

Trolls will be fed to the sharks.
    Brasse

Plane Touched

Just leave it dead pretty please..

PPS: Can you stop making your daily login thing spam me with power pack adverts when I have already bought it,,?
    Last edited by CrackaJack; 12-17-2015 at 11:46 PM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

I hear ya, CrackaJack. Our log-in screens are not the smartest at custom presentations. I get the same thing.

It reminds me to trundle on over to Brand and see what's involved in "smart targeting," the kind that knows what this Dwarf WANTS and shows it to me. I certainly see it all over the web when I go surfing, and I admit I kind of like it.

Similarly, on Hulu, when they give me an option between commercials, I always go for the one that has a dog in the ad. =P

I'ma bet the solution involves "hella dollas that we ain't got to spend," but there is no harm in finding out!
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-23-2015 at 11:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread