+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 3.5 Preview: Introducing the new Affinity system and PvP changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT 3.5 Preview: Introducing the new Affinity system and PvP changes

Winterís Wrath is on its way to Telara! Update 3.5 not only features a hail of changes to PvP, but it also welcomes a brand new set of benefits for our most loyal, vigilant Patrons. Read on to learn more about our new Affinity system and PvP upgrades.

Affinity
    Starting with the release of RIFT Update 3.5: Winterís Wrath, Patrons will be rewarded simply for logging in to RIFT! Each daily login earns 5 Affinity points, with up to 3 additional points earned through playing RIFT that day. Points can be spent on a plethora of plentiful prizes, from optimal dream orbs to fantastic mounts for your favorite character!

One reward from the Affinity system you surely wonít want to miss is the new Tarken Lifter. Take one ride on this hovering platform of ice and youíll instantly recognize its majesty (just donít lick it with your tongue!) You might also want to check out the lush jungles of Dimension: Atia, or kick back and spend a reel good time with Stanís Infa-cell Fishiní Pole and have a better chance of getting that item you always wanted!

PvP
    New and improved rewards for participating in PvP are a big part of Winterís Wrath, with a new tier of gear earned via PvP. Warmongerís Armor is earned through upgrading Frenetic Armor pieces with Abyssal Crusaderís Acceleratorís and Favor Infused Accelerators, giving those who earn this armor of renown a healthy upgrade in stats. Warmongerís Weapons will be available through the RIFT store for favor, and are upgradable as well. When fully powered up, these fearsome blades gain a chance for a powerful effect that can turn the tide of battle!

Not only will there be new gear, but earning rewards in PvP will be even easier. Weíve streamlined PvP quests, reducing the number of wins required for Guns for Hire to seven, and the number of kills in Conquest by 10%.

Winterís Wrath is coming, and this is just a small taste of the storm. Keep an eye out for more details in the coming days!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Points can be spent on a plethora of plentiful prizes, from optimal dream orbs to fantastic mounts for your favorite character!
    Can please confirm? These mounts when bought with Affinity are for that character only? If so will the mounts on the list still appear as lockboxes again on store to try and get account wide one?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-03-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Telaran

PvP
    New and improved rewards for participating in PvP are a big part of Winter’s Wrath, with a new tier of gear earned via PvP. Warmonger’s Armor is earned through upgrading Frenetic Armor pieces with Abyssal Crusader’s Accelerator’s and Favor Infused Accelerators
    Is this a complete new set of gear drops from PVP chests or an added upgrade path for Frenetic ? as in the already available gear having a further upgrade tier added.

Will players already equipped with Frenetic gear be able to upgrade it to the new tier (except weapons of course) or is the current set of available PVP rewards and farming it basically a waste of time for now

I am currently trying to gear some alts up in Frenetic and just wondering is there even a point playing for now if everything I am trying to get is going to be useless very soon.
    Last edited by elvenmad; 12-03-2015 at 12:09 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Can please confirm? These mounts when bought with Affinity are for that character only? If so will the mounts on the list still appear as lockboxes again on store to try and get account wide one?
    Single character only from Affinity. Mounts obtained from lockboxes will not change from their current state.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by elvenmad View Post
    Is this a complete new set of gear drops from PVP chests or an added upgrade path for Frenetic ? as in the already available gear having a further upgrade tier added.

Will players already equipped with Frenetic gear be able to upgrade it to the new tier (except weapons of course) or is the current set of available PVP rewards and farming it basically a waste of time for now

I am currently trying to gear some alts up in Frenetic and just wondering is there even a point playing for now if everything I am trying to get is going to be useless very soon.
    Frenetic will be upgradable into Warmongers (aside from weapons).

Plane Walker

What about essences?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    What about essences?
    Greater/Lesser Essences had no upgrade path presumably because there hasn't been another new tier of essences released (210 resist being current "tier").

My mount recolor reaction:

The Affinity system looks awesome!

Exclamation

Will there be new gears to drop from warfront chests and upgrade to marauder or will drop the old gears that need to be upgraded to frenetik, and after to the Marauder?
    Rift 3.5 PvP Rogue by Pioneerka
    Quietly stab in the back of his victim, he listens to the last words from Pioneerka: "Don't worry, be happy" =)

Quote Originally Posted by Lime4ik View Post
    Will there be new gears to drop from warfront chests and upgrade to marauder or will drop the old gears that need to be upgraded to frenetik, and after to the Marauder?
    The gear path is all that changes.

Current: Ephemeral > Dreambreaker > Frenetic
    3.5: Dreambreaker > Frenetic > Warmonger

I hope it's not 200 points for a dream orb.

Edit: Let alone 30.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 12-05-2015 at 03:46 PM.

You guys have any idea what it took to upgrade weapons to Frenetic? What possible thinking leads you to this bad decision.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Disciple

Hi! So I play a rogue, and I was doing warfronts before the update, and immediately after. One huge change that I noticed is that my stats in generally were pretty nerfed, even after upgrading to warmongers. Inside the warfront, where I was at 775 hit, 45% physical crit and 47% crit power, I'm down to 375 hit, 43.8% physical crit, and 36% crit power. My regular hit is set at 1175 and 44.6% physical crit and 37.8% crit power

Also, during nmr's, in some instances my pet would stop attacking the target and just remain idle. Resummoning it doesn't change, except for turning on the aggressive behavior and then keeping it on for a bit before switching back.

Also, when it comes to pvp, another thing that I noticed is that when I come back to life at the starting point, if the pet is alive and had a dot before death, the dot would stay and I would be put into combat.

Any idea if anything was changed with rogues by mistake during the update?
    Last edited by RogueStuff; 12-09-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Pie

Default How'd day do dat?

I have seen several people flying around on the Swarm light levitate mount. How could that be in less than 24 hours?? Am I missing something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast