+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Patron and Credit Pricing Update (with 3.4)

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Upcoming Patron and Credit Pricing Update (with 3.4)

Patron & Credit Pricing Update

Greetings Ascended,

We wanted to give you all advance notice of a change coming to some of our purchase offerings. With the release of 3.4, the team will adjust pricing on some of our credit bundles and patron subscriptions. This adjustment is due to the changing exchange rates between markets. Our goal is to standardize our credit packs across all currencies and to review them from time to time as world currencies change.

Please note that the number of credits offered in each pack is the same in every currency, rather than the varied amounts we have at the moment!

These changes will be visible on the RIFT Public Test Server after the next update, and they will move to the live servers when Update 3.4 goes live on or about October 7, 2015. This does mean that you can still lock in to the current Patron prices and credit packs until that date!

Following, the tentative pricing structure for credits, REX and Patron:

750 Credit Pack: $4.99 USD - 4.99 EU - 3.99 GBP
    3,250 Credit Pack: $19.99 USD - 19.99 EU - 15.49 GBP
    8,500 Credit Pack: $49.99 USD - 49.99 EU - 38.49 GBP
    18,500 Credit Pack: $99.99 USD - 99.99 EU - 76.49 GBP
    REX: $9.99 USD 9.99 EU 7.49 GBP

1 Month Patron: $14.99 USD 12.99 EU 9.99 GBP
    3 Month Patron: $40.47 USD 38.97 EU 26.97 GBP
    6 month Patron: $71.94 USD 62.94 EU 47.94 GBP
    12 Month Patron: $131.88 USD - 113.88 EU 83.88 GBP

Our patrons with recurring subscriptions will be grandfathered in at your existing subscription rate as long as your subscription is uninterrupted. We want to thank you for sticking with us and showing your dedication for RIFT, so your subscription will not rise unless it lapses, changes or is canceled.

We hope you enjoy your adventures throughout Telara!

The RIFT Team

USD Credit prices are the same.
    USD patron will go up a bit

Currently:
    1 Month Patron: $14.99 USD
    3 Month Patron: $38.97 USD
    6 month Patron: $65.94 USD
    12 Month Patron: $119.88 USD

Yeah, the increased patron prices will be a factor if I ever consider resubscribing.

No biggie for me. I buy the hundred dollar credit pack and distribute credits to my accounts to "buy" patron on them.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

1 month patron will be the same in Euro.

but the credit pack content willl drop aloot.
    The 4.99€ credit pack will give 125 credit less
    and up to 5550 credit less from the 99.99€ pack
    I do understand that you want to make it more equal but the change is kind of much for us in EU in my opinion.

Are the Euro prices including VAT? If not it will be even more.
    Last edited by Ldarax; 09-29-2015 at 04:36 PM.

As an EU player, I can see that patron prices remain nearly the same (a little increase in multiple month packs but not a big bummer) but the credit and REX prices increase a lot (ca. 25% for credits and 33% for REX).

I can understand that move, because EUR and USD are now nearly the same and if you add VAT of the EU countries they are exactly the same or even higher, but:
    • As REX supply is already low in EU it will now decrease even more, meaning that the plat price for REX will increase even more, which will result in more full F2Pers complaining
    • People who don't know about currency conversion and VAT stuff (young and less educated people) will only see that they get much less credits for the same price

What is would recommend is to always show the USD prices and the EUR prices based in daily exchange rate in brackets. This makes it easier to see for EU players why the price is fluctuating.

Also, for people who don't read the forums the combination of the price increase + the new welcome window + after game website popups + maybe other shop changes and new shop stuff coming that want people to buy credits (like Primalist) will probably have a huge negative impact on 3.4 launch from EU playerbase - you should maybe come up with some other good news on 3.4 launch date (Mayhem in Mathosia Event, Global Boosts enabled, 3 days free patron, whatever).

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 09-29-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Just to show you what kind of price increase that means for Europe:

Patron:
    1 Month ... same price
    3 Months ... +8%
    6&12 Months ... +5%

Credit packs ... +30% (!)

REX ... +33% (!)
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

The new cost for credit pack are just insane.

I don't understand why european are the only players who have to pay more to get credits...
    Don't say me it's because of the changing rate /$.
    It's not an argument. In europe, we don't earn more money since the exchange rate have change.

30% augmentation is just insane, please reconsider this (at least for the bigger credits packs) or many players will stop using rift store, and maybe stop the game.

I do'nt understand why credit pack get a mega increase, but patron time not. The only conclusion is you just want european to support alone you increase of cost.

For me it will be easy, if you maintain your decision about price, i won't buy credit anymore and when i won't have enought credit to buy what i want, i will reduce my game time.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Ascendant

Trionworlds has decided they either don't want European customers any longer or somehow they have the idea that those crazy Europeans are and will be crazy enough to just pay anything for their products?

This is sending a strong message to what's left of the playerbase here ... and it's not a good one. It will drive away even more people. Or would Wocky be right ...

Last edited by Faerugue; 09-29-2015 at 11:44 PM.

Great news
    I guess i should buy now a rex with 3000k from ah, cause after these changes there will be only 3500k at ah.
    People already dont sell on eu. Im on zaviel, 1week now cant find a rex seller with 2600-2700p!!
    Now with the price increase,even less ppl will sell rex and if some will they will increase more the price......omg

Plane Touched

As usual, EU players get shafted. I would strongly reconsider - REX are rare enough as is - now they will be even rarer and even more expensive - 5k REX inc..
    Not good. Not good at all.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Gelidra
    Guild Website

Trion really doesn't want new players to unlock the AH with a REX...

I forgot to add this in my previous post.

Why dont you just increas how much credit you get per dollar up to what euro give/gave, that would give more happy players and you (Trion) will probably make more money from increased sales in the us dollar market.

If you cant see this logic just kick your market analythics (spelling).
    Last edited by Ldarax; 09-30-2015 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    The new cost for credit pack are just insane.

I don't understand why european are the only players who have to pay more to get credits...
    Don't say me it's because of the changing rate /$.
    It's not an argument. In europe, we don't earn more money since the exchange rate have change.

30% augmentation is just insane, please reconsider this (at least for the bigger credits packs) or many players will stop using rift store, and maybe stop the game.

I do'nt understand why credit pack get a mega increase, but patron time not. The only conclusion is you just want european to support alone you increase of cost.

For me it will be easy, if you maintain your decision about price, i won't buy credit anymore and when i won't have enought credit to buy what i want, i will reduce my game time.
    I am playing from bangladesh, here 1USD=80BDT(my currency), average monthly income in my country is about 10000BDT(125$). When i am spending money in any online game i am paying with USD and paying what the developers/publishers asking, i am not paying less simply because currency conversion rate is too much for me or my income is too low. So why should Euro users get leeway when obviously you income more than a meager 3rd world country peasant like me? you should be ashamed of yourself.

Soulwalker

I always paid monthly (US currency), and find no change. I also find no change in credit purchases I have occasionally made (US). I suspect this was necessitated by the Euro being downsized (or nerfed, or financial currency market lingo - whichever terminology you prefer).
    Essentially, tying Rift's costs to the value of money in the currency market (meaning the value of different currencies in relation to other currencies), will ALWAYS penalize those
    who already have higher costs in other things, but as currencies degrade, Trion earns less
    from those currencies, and is pushed to take action.
    If (or when) the value of the Euro rises, I recommend European customers remind Trion of this. Assume that Trion, as a US based company, ties costs to the US dollar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast