+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 212
Like Tree439Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Mobile will be discontinued with 3.4

  1. #61
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    d
    e
    l
    e
    t
    e
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 01-14-2018 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #62
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsocurioussss View Post
    I'd really like to know how many would pay for this. Its more likely they would find alternatives.
    I would be more than willing to support it had I not already seen what happened to the original app. It'll never happen though because, according to what Ocho has said, money isn't the reason for it's planned discontinuation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  3. #63
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I would be more than willing to support it had I not already seen what happened to the original app. It'll never happen though because, according to what Ocho has said, money isn't the reason for it's planned discontinuation.
    Well.... he didn't say that in so many words, no. And I'm pretty sure that would never be stated so directly. But if you read between the lines....
    Last edited by Narcise; 09-25-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  4. #64
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    In b4 the conspiracy theorists predicting the demise of the game over this.
    Conspiracy means that a group of people deliberately act to bring about a result. Who would be the actors bringing about the end of the game in my post? Perhaps you mean the woeful people or predictors of woe. I don't want the game to end because I like it. But am just a bit curious.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 09-25-2015 at 05:06 PM.

  5. #65
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsocurioussss View Post
    Conspiracy means that a group of people deliberately act to bring about a result. Who would be the actors bringing about the end of the game in my post? Perhaps you mean the woeful people or predictors of woe. I don't want the game to end because I like it. But am just a bit curious.
    Good point. (Though the conspiracy theory thing stands in that some people just insist on seeing EVERYTHING they don't like as "proof that Trion has been lying, defrauding, etc etc etc"...)

    I should have phrased it "in b4 the doomsayers predicting the demise of the game over this."

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  6. #66
    Xol
    Xol is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsocurioussss View Post
    I'd really like to know how many would pay for this. Its more likely they would find alternatives.
    Well they tend to use their money
    On a serious note...
    Simply by reading the comments since it emerged. People don't want alternatives which could mean giving out personal information and messing about downloading random applications not linked to the game itself. It had been expressed in game, on forums and tonight's live stream that players would be willing to pay to support the mobile application. Which is why it's something that should be reconsidered with other options before discontinuing a feature most the community actually want to be kept.

  7. #67
    Xol
    Xol is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I would be more than willing to support it had I not already seen what happened to the original app. It'll never happen though because, according to what Ocho has said, money isn't the reason for it's planned discontinuation.
    This is why I suggested that a paid version could use the funding to hire someone that work on the development of the app itself, this means it could solve any financial concerns possibly linked with it and also any concerns where they are depriving the game itself of future features and work they plan on implementing with the current development team.

  8. #68
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    in b4 flatline...
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 01-14-2018 at 09:15 AM.

  9. #69
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Well they tend to use their money
    On a serious note...
    Simply by reading the comments since it emerged. People don't want alternatives which could mean giving out personal information and messing about downloading random applications not linked to the game itself. It had been expressed in game, on forums and tonight's live stream that players would be willing to pay to support the mobile application. Which is why it's something that should be reconsidered with other options before discontinuing a feature most the community actually want to be kept.
    The bottom line here is that those who post on a game forum are a vanishingly small percentage of the people actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Narcise; 09-25-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  10. #70
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Well.... he didn't say that in so many words, no. And I'm pretty sure that would never be stated so directly. But if you read between the lines....
    What benefit would there be to not stating it directly? People enjoy straight answers. "We're removing the app." "Why?" "It's too expensive to maintain." Now you get more players putting out ways to make it happen rather than attempting to prove how invaluable it is. When you say things like "It just wasn't worth it" or "If it didn't require frequent work, we wouldn't be shutting it down", that doesn't point at lack of funding at all. Sure, more money means more employees, but there are alternatives that have been suggested. Instead, the decision was made to cut the app completely rather than look at the alternatives available. So a lack of funding might be reason for it's failure, but not reason for it being pulled so suddenly.

    Something like "This is what we need to keep the app going" would be much more appreciated than "We're discontinuing the app". To be frank, Trion doesn't want to keep the app running. If there was interest in keeping it alive and Trion didn't have the means, they would look towards the community before halting it all together.
    Last edited by Artewig; 09-25-2015 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  11. #71
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Well they tend to use their money
    On a serious note...
    Simply by reading the comments since it emerged. People don't want alternatives which could mean giving out personal information and messing about downloading random applications not linked to the game itself. It had been expressed in game, on forums and tonight's live stream that players would be willing to pay to support the mobile application. Which is why it's something that should be reconsidered with other options before discontinuing a feature most the community actually want to be kept.
    Yeah. I mean but they just may have to use them temporarily. Maybe what people should press for is a promise that mobile comes back in a certain amount of time. It'd suck if people left over this. I think the game has had all it can stand of mass leavings.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 09-25-2015 at 05:22 PM.

  12. #72
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsocurioussss View Post
    My point was that those who use the mobile app as an alternative will not be able to anymore. Did I type that in English?
    I know what you meant. My point was that the fact that you even can use the mobile app to get around a chat ban is absolutely unintended, because the reason that they chat ban people is so that they can't chat, not so that people have to use their phones.

  13. #73
    Ascendant Narcise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    What benefit would there be to not stating it directly? People enjoy straight answers. "We're removing the app." "Why?" "It's too expensive to maintain." Now you get more players putting out ways to make it happen rather than attempting to prove how invaluable it is. When you say things like "It just wasn't worth it" or "If it didn't require frequent work, we wouldn't be shutting it down", that doesn't point at lack of funding at all. Sure, more money means more employees, but there are alternatives that have been suggested. Instead, the decision was made to cut the app completely rather than look at the alternatives available. So a lack of funding might be reason for it's failure, but not reason for it being pulled so suddenly.

    Something like "This is what we need to keep the app going" would be much more appreciated than "We're discontinuing the app". To be frank, Trion doesn't want to keep the app running. If there was interest in keeping it alive and Trion didn't have the means, they would look towards the community before halting it all together.
    Corporate stuff. That's why nothing like this is stated honestly and up front.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

  14. #74
    Xol
    Xol is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    The bottom line here is that those who post on a game forum are a vanishingly small percentage of the people actually playing the game.
    That is true but doesn't mean a resolve is not possible. Whilst its also been expressed in game, I think the decision to discontinue the app has not reached a wide audience as of yet and many will likely be oblivious to it until it actually happens, so maybe an in-game and in-app (if possible) message regarding it over the weekend, might give a better idea how many would be willing to support its continued or refreshed development.
    If we don't speak up regarding it, then the Rift development team won't know how much the app really plays a beneficial part as a out of game feature to the games social and raiding community.

  15. #75
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    90

    Default

    d
    e
    l
    e
    t
    e
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 01-14-2018 at 09:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts