+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Mobile will be discontinued with 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by missvylette View Post
    Why not create a whole new mobile gaming app?
    Please read the dev posts in this topic

Soulwalker

Web app inc

I will post a screen this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Elinare View Post
    Web app inc

I will post a screen this evening.
    Interesting, but if I were you I wouldn't spend any effort on using the mobile API.

"and will disable all functionality associated with this app." - Brasse

Probably just a matter of time until the API is turned off and/or broken.

Soulwalker

I'm actually working on the design.

It will be ready tomorrow i think.
    Some of you want to test it in beta? Just MP me and i'll give you the access.
    For information, nothing is stocked, so there are no security issues.
    Last edited by Elinare; 10-14-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Dear Trion,

I think you're going the wrong way with the mobile app. Currently there is no value added to you with the mobile app. On the surface it appears like it would make good business sense to cut it from your work queue. However, you could easily monetize the app. It would be stupid simple to slip in micropayments for extra shots at those silly little scratchers. Advertisements are super simple in apps. People already drop money on you in this way in game with $5 chunks. Smaller payments for one more scratcher, or even adding in minion support. Heck, make the whole in-game store available on the app and online. (TBH I don't know why you're not making the store available offline. I'm sitting here at work with no access to the game, but if I could look in the store I might buy something.)

Trion, you make a great game, but your ability to monetize sucks.

Soulwalker

Default Hrm

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Donít worry though - alternate means of acquiring Lucky Coins will be added to Daily Login Bonuses and Minion Adventures with the release of 3.4!
    ...where, when, what, how? I have yet to see anything like this added in. Is it something super rare, or is it not working properly? I don't understand what is meant by this.

Baaaaaaiii.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasy View Post
    ...where, when, what, how? I have yet to see anything like this added in. Is it something super rare, or is it not working properly? I don't understand what is meant by this.
    Yah, I haven't seen any either.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rest in peace, Rift Mobile. I will miss your service.
    Serale@Faeblight

Should probably be stated that you can still send messages in the app and only people with the mobile app can see them. I wonder how many players are sending chat messages and not getting a response
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Don't have this issue with my app...

Still waiting for friendlist online/offline/mobile to be fixed =/
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Shadowlander

I don't see any new chat going on in my guild with the app but can still do the mini games... which really defeats the purpose of having it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the mini games for the extra stuffs, but I miss being to talk to my guildmates.

Welllllll~ I ended up here, very late to the party, because I wondered why the hell the application refused to open, and why I could not access its app store page. I am crestfallen, indeed, to discover the reason behind this weirdness. To echo what many have stated, I wish leaving the social and event tracking functions had been possible instead of sweeping these features away from us. And if it matters: When I have been active in this game (admittedly, sporadically), the app has gotten lots of use among me and my friends!

Personally, I fully side with those who have said they would pay for a polished version of Rift Mobile App. I hope Trion will approach this matter more sensibly in future, because as previously stated, mobile is getting more important all the time.

It sometimes feels like even the developers are forgetting Rift's roots in being a strongly social game.
    Last edited by Arquenniel; 10-26-2015 at 12:30 AM. Reason: derpin' hard

I don't know if Trion ever considered somthing like this, but wouldn't it be possible to use Kickstarter for stuff like this? We give the budget for a pro app dev, we get cool mobile app. Everyone wins?
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast