+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree439Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Mobile will be discontinued with 3.4

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    On today's live stream, they announced that Rift Mobile is still going away, but that they found a way for event trackers to stay and some people were testing it.

Could one of those people share the details so I can make sure mine will still work? Are the API calls changing?
    Yes, I also sent a message to Snedhepl when he first asked about it, and I haven't heard anything back. Did he PM anyone else? Does someone have details about the new API?

For anyone else wondering, Sned said to me he'd post about the new event tracking thing on Monday.

Rift Disciple

CMON Trion.......Then main purpose of the app is to COMMUNICATE WITH GUILDIES when not online!!! WTF Trion.......its not like you guy have actually working on the app.....the app has been in "beta" for 2+ years.

Don't you dare take this away
    4/4 ROF 4/5 MS 1/3 TF

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    With the release of RIFT 3.4: Into the Wilds, we will remove RIFT Mobile from Google and Apple stores, and will disable all functionality associated with this app.
    Please don't do this. I just invited two new friends to the game, and the mobile app was one of the selling points. I love being able to gather a few shinies when I'm on my lunch break at work. RIFT Mobile is such a great part of the game for me.

Thanks for reading.

Champion

Can you please turn on mobile for the last couple days? It is not working to message people from game.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #156

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposed View Post
    Yes, I also sent a message to Snedhepl when he first asked about it, and I haven't heard anything back. Did he PM anyone else? Does someone have details about the new API?
    Here you go: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ml#post5126673

Quote Originally Posted by Cascades View Post
    Sad Sad Sad Ready Or Not Here Comes The end............
    Death is Eternal!
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Been with rift for quite a long time. The idea with the Rift mobile app was a good one. Letting us stay in touch with guild while we where away from the computer. The little games I really didn't care much for. Since nobody could reply to you in tell from in game to mobile The friend tell system was pretty useless.

If you are really going to get rid of this app, I would just like that you ATLEAST leave the guild function for this app. Or give us a way to talk to each other threw it. On top of this you tell us that you need the resources and dev time for other things is kinda just slapping us in the face.

You have not updated or even tried to update this app in so long that is doesn't support half the new version of phones. So what you should have told was. "Hey guys sorry that we have not had the man power/funds to put the time into the mobile app. So we are gonna close it down." Trion your Liar skill is over 9000.

Shadowlander

Default Trion's war on women gamers

There are a lot of female gamers for whom it is not a good idea to share the personal information which would be required to communicate with their guild while out of the game. And not just for women. The /g communication is critical.

The persistent chat is not critical. You could drop the stateful stuff and the freebies and no one would care much. Tho the event api is also used by many.

This is 2015 and this isn't a complicated app. If your game doesn't have a mobile presence people are in some other games app during the day chatting and interacting with some other game during the day. When they get home what happens to the game that isolated itself from the mobile world compared to the game someone was thinking about through the day?

How many games does Trion have? If Trion doesn't have a mobile java guy that could rewrite this in a week they need to have one or sub it out. Mobile isn't the past, but completely ignoring moble makes you the past.

Soulwalker

Default What if?

Question to rift developers: Can you keep existing chat API or provide another chat API if someone else writes a mobile client that many players will like and use? Maybe you can keep it for 1-2 months to give the community a chance?

Question to rift community: Is there anyone ready to write a mobile iOS/Android client if rift keeps its chat API?

As far as I know current chat API is rather simple and provides at least:
    • Friends chat. Read friends list of your characters, whisper to any friend, receive whispers. Offline messages work too, you can whisper to people currently offline and they can read your messages later when they log in.
    • Guild chat. Read guild info, level, motd and wall. List guild members. Read guild chat and write to it. Last guildchat messages are also stored in case you were offline for a while.

Very basic proof-of-concept python client: http://pastebin.com/Sb02Zaqg
    Last edited by Hinix; 10-07-2015 at 05:21 AM.

> Can you keep existing chat API or provide another chat API

Read the topic

> Is there anyone ready to write a mobile iOS/Android client if rift keeps its chat API?

I won't do mobile, but I was writing a python library which would allow most PC platforms

General of Telara

I'm sadly disappointed with the removal of the app. For me its a cornerstone of Rift. Something that sets it apart from other games.

Communication, event tracking, some extra shinies when you're on the run. So many things that should be removed from or fixed from Rift, App is not one of them.

I just hope that someday you can bring it back in some sort of fashion. Sad to lose something very innovative.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by faithkills View Post
    There are a lot of female gamers for whom it is not a good idea to share the personal information which would be required to communicate with their guild while out of the game. And not just for women. The /g communication is critical.

LOL i don't even! This isn't Tumblr.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 10-07-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Well, we still have Steam Chat!! thanks goodness!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Read the topic
    Right. It's just Ocho said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It just wasn’t worth it.

Making this decision was very difficult, but ultimately we have to look at how we can provide the best game for all of our players, not just the small segment that used the app.
    But what if the segment was larger? Zone events api was kept because many players use event trackers. What if there were popular rift chat apps?

Some people say official app was broken and they couldn't use it. What if someone writes another app? What if that app becomes popular? Would that be a good enough reason to keep the chat API?

That's what the question was about. API still works. For now. Is there anyone willing to take that chance and try to write a nice mobile client for it?

(see previous message for a demo code and a brief description of what it can do)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast