+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT 3.4 Spotlight: Into the Primalist

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Only in the first post in this thread. No idea how they expected people to find that though.
    haha, TL;DR

thanks for helping us poor, weak-minded fellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuz View Post
    I totally degrading, not only for us player 's old as for new player 's ' ' pay '' to get a race or class ... definitely be needing a lot of money! ~ good bye RIFT !
    Bye!!

Meanwhile, I'm just not going to buy it (Or maybe I will... Not sure yet). Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

The price was actually announced two weeks ago in the FAQ
    To quote me:
    5250c or 4725c for patrons
    4 REX if patron or 5 REX if not (either way, starting from 0 credits) = 7000-10000 plat NA.
    Minimum $30 (3250+750+750=4750c) if patron or $35 (5500c) if not (though at that point IMO just go $40 for 6500c)
    Real money packs TBD?

Rift is a F2P business model and although (as far as I am aware) there aren't any contemporary financial reports to base my suppositions on I would not be in the least surprised to learn that the player base demographic is over 50% F2Players........and I for one don't begrudge Trion actually turning a profit.

Some people realise that.

However, in some cases the F2P self-entitlement is laughable and the fact you choose to publicly announce your departure will ruffle the feathers of exactly no-one. I've got a stack of crafted items, focii, essences and not to mention the crafting marks/platinum to round out my Primalist when he hits 65. I anticipate that taking a very few hours given my level 60 booster and subsequent ascendant vials.

Can't wait.
    4/4 ROF +HM (Conq.) 5/5 MS 3/3 TF (EU Fastest Crucia Kill - alt style) 11/11 HK A.F.K #4 World iGP NM & HM

I'd be a lot more interested in knowing if:

1 - there will be a level 60 pot available in the pack when the rest of it comes out with 3.4 (yes, already bought one for each account);

2 - if you opt not to put a 60 pot in the rest of the pack, it would be nice if you cut the credit price on the pot at the store for a bit at about the same time as 3.4 lands;

3 - (which actually would be one of my preferences) if you'd start Primalists at level 45 or 50 instead of level 1;

4 - (the second one of my potential preferences) if you're making the Wilds accessible to level 20 toons, or even level 25s.

The reasoning: IF you have already leveled multiple toons through both guardian and defiant sides, it's going to be a total PITA to do it again to play 4 primalists to 60 or whatever level it is to get the avatar (which is my own personal main reason for wanting them). There's just not enough interest in running a new class through all the old areas for me; I'm sitting on a bunch of lowerbies right now that I almost never can bring myself to level a little - love the girls and their stories, HATE having to drag through all those old areas. Is the old world pretty? For the most part yes. Is it fun a year and a half on? Not really.

And while I have spent a lot of money supporting Rift since I got here, especially the several hundred dollars for the Wilds Packs - well, everyone does have a limit, and another 30k in credits for level 60 pots might be just beyond mine. Not sure yet, still thinking about it.... but at the very least, a sale on them would help me make up my mind!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Can't wait to try out the Primalist. From the sounds of it, have you changed it from STR/DEX being equal for primary, to DEX-only for primary stat? Or is that just some confusing wording in the article with the "Primalists are devastatingly powerful when equipped with gear that enhances their dexterity"?
    Primalists are now Dex based.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Really...

So now they still compete with Rogues for Armor, but because no one else uses a Dex 2h, they have no competition on Weapons. And should no Primalist be in a raid... no one else can use their weapons, leading to even more wasted loot than we already have.

That's going to go over so well.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Really...

So now they still compete with Rogues for Armor, but because no one else uses a Dex 2h, they have no competition on Weapons. And should no Primalist be in a raid... no one else can use their weapons, leading to even more wasted loot than we already have.

That's going to go over so well.
    AFAIK, 2-handers are 2-handers, warriors can use primalist ones and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    will there be items only rogues can wear and items only primalists can wear?

will it be changed so rogues can wear plate?
    Last edited by somestuff; 09-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Are you going to increase rogue gear drop rates if they are now used by two classes?

Can raid leaders and organizers still not allow primalists into the raid if they feel they will only take rogue gear all the while "delivering a flurry of blows" (--Seatin)

Quote Originally Posted by phartoute View Post
    AFAIK, 2-handers are 2-handers, warriors can use primalist ones and vice-versa.
    Ocho literally just said that Primalists are now DEX, and others have stated that they've seen DEX 2Hs on the PTS. So no. Primalist weapons are now exclusive to them, while they and Rogues now have to compete for gear. Totally asinine. The original concept of DEX armor and STR weapon was perfect, as it would allow a similar INT/WIS class to be introduced down the road with minimal fuss. Now, this is just going to be a giant mess.

Of course this would happen. I expected changes but not the actual main stat. Wonder how much plat I just wasted buying things like essences for my primalist and how much more I'll have to waste to buy new ones.

Will further souls released for the primalist be free for those who purchased the calling when they come out?
    Primalist of
    <The Phantom Troupe>

8/8, like that even matters anymore..

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Ocho literally just said that Primalists are now DEX, and others have stated that they've seen DEX 2Hs on the PTS. So no. Primalist weapons are now exclusive to them, while they and Rogues now have to compete for gear. Totally asinine. The original concept of DEX armor and STR weapon was perfect, as it would allow a similar INT/WIS class to be introduced down the road with minimal fuss. Now, this is just going to be a giant mess.
    do those 2-handers have "ONLY FOR PRIMALIST" in their tooltip? NO? then warriors can use them too.

just because an item has dex on it, doesnt exclude it from being used by warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast