+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Behind the Scenes: Stephen “Drakcoon” Mabee

I'd like to see the following:

Less 'Bikini Warrior', more full armor.

That does seem to be the new direction for Trion outside of the occasional costume bundle, which is fine. Just disappointing going through all the Legs wardrobe and a ton of them are just metal underwear for females, whilst the same outfits for males are actual pants.

Horns.

I'd like to see more horns. If only the horns on the female character in the Ki Rin Concept Art was available in-game - that would be awesome. I'm generally a fan of the helms with horns on them.

More Hair-Helms.

I'm a huge fan of the Abyssal Crusader's Greathelm. Love the 'hair' at the back that you can dye. Hope you add more of those types of helms. Doesn't have to be smooth, flowing hair or anything like that - perhaps add one with thick dreadlocks!

Wouldn't mind shoulders or a chest piece with a black feather collar.

Big Shields

Not sure how constrained you are with this, but I'd like to see bigger shields with more interesting designs on them. I love the Defiant PvP Shields, especially the Vanquisher's Shield. Very well designed, looks interesting and detailed and it feels heavy and dense. The legs jutting out when you view it from the side was kind of 'weird', but the rest was great. Some of the other shields just look so weak, sometimes even flat.

(also, let us purchase the old Storm Legion pvp gear and upgrade them without the now-retired warlord/myrmidon marks!)

Fire color scheme re-imagined.

The Fire-themed objects really needs a makeover. If you've ever been in a Fire Rift, it's just red, orange and black. The mobs are red, orange and black. The doodads are red, orange and black. Both mobs and the ground are red/black/cracked. It's like they're all camouflage pros.

If we ever go to the Plane of Fire, I shudder to think how it will look. The 'Platinum Keep' from the Lore of the Fire article does give me some hope that there will be colors other than red, orange and black.
    • Perhaps make use of different-colored flames. Some games have red, green, blue or purple flames.
    • Could make use of elements with high melting point. You could explain that it's so hot in the Plane of Fire that the residents have fashioned armor and buildings out of metals with extremely high melting points. Perhaps as you get closer to the 'core/throne/middle-kingdom' of the Plane of Fire, the buildings/armor use different materials that can withstand the heat. This could help vary the color scheme.
    • Something like a river of lava seems like an obvious choice. Why not switch it up a bit and make it a river of mercury (silver-color?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Horns.

I'd like to see more horns. If only the horns on the female character in the Ki Rin Concept Art was available in-game - that would be awesome. I'm generally a fan of the helms with horns on them.[/LIST]
    Speaking of horns, I'm still waiting of some kind of a counterpart to the patrons halo for us defiants. You know, something like a steampunk halo or something like this.
    Horns would be ok, too... or at least a red glowing halo.
    Not this one:

http://imgur.com/LTnlAp0

Prophet of Telara

I'd like to see the following:

Less 'Bikini Warrior', more full armor.

That does seem to be the new direction for Trion outside of the occasional costume bundle, which is fine. Just disappointing going through all the Legs wardrobe and a ton of them are just metal underwear for females, whilst the same outfits for males are actual pants.
    Sort of this, please. Can we get the brazilian wax bikini'd female and practical full protection male options given to both genders please? I want some of my female characters to look completely badass, and I want some of my male characters showing off their butts and pecs. After all, fair's fair.
    Last edited by Islesi; 07-29-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

If we ever go to the Plane of Fire, I shudder to think how it will look. The 'Platinum Keep' from the Lore of the Fire article does give me some hope that there will be colors other than red, orange and black.
    • Perhaps make use of different-colored flames. Some games have red, green, blue or purple flames.
    • Could make use of elements with high melting point. You could explain that it's so hot in the Plane of Fire that the residents have fashioned armor and buildings out of metals with extremely high melting points. Perhaps as you get closer to the 'core/throne/middle-kingdom' of the Plane of Fire, the buildings/armor use different materials that can withstand the heat. This could help vary the color scheme.
    • Something like a river of lava seems like an obvious choice. Why not switch it up a bit and make it a river of mercury (silver-color?)?
    "Electric" blue is one fire-color you don't see much.... it even happens in our stodgy wood-burning fireplace when we have a hunk of pińon with lots of pitch in it. We also get some interesting greens with certain types of cones: no, not the flaky ones they sell with fancy color stuff applied - fir cones and not quite ripe pińon ones can produce greenish flames naturally, for short periods of time when they're really hot.

Really hot fires have that deep bright electric blue, and an intense almost "heavy" white that are fun to watch. I too will be happier with a "varied" palette in a fire plane - reds, oranges, and purplish reds hurt my eyes.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Stuff I want to see:

Hair meshes attached to hats. Give a general length and style, then make an assortment of colors.
    I would really, really love blonde hair for my toon attached to a stetson. o:

More heels. Boots, or high heels, or whatever. Everyone is so flat footed in RIFT. :c

More bikini warrior stuff... Because reasons. > u >

More hair styles. I know there's a hair pack, and that's cool... But really, it's about time for a whole new set of hair style across the races. /throws wallet at the game

Wider loot tables. You know what I'm talking about. =w=

A ton of new wardrobe outfits, weapons, and pet skins. Like, why not an actual Lion with a mane for the warrior's battle cat? Hm???

...More dungeons. I know of one coming soon, and trust me, I'm excited... But don't skimp on dungeons. With the amount of NTEs I've had to grind, the fact I'm shuffled through the same six constantly is painful- more so when the loot table is so awkward. I'm sure you understand why this is a big deal to me.

FIX TACTICIAN.

Anyway, that's it.

xoxoxo
    Kat
    Thunderkat (65) - Tekay (65) - Pfifer (65) - Visionary (65) - Rhailo (65)

<Bounty>'s GL - NA chillest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    Speaking of horns, I'm still waiting of some kind of a counterpart to the patrons halo for us defiants. You know, something like a steampunk halo or something like this.
    Horns would be ok, too... or at least a red glowing halo.
    Not this one:

http://imgur.com/LTnlAp0

What would a steampunk halo look like? Like to see other fx besides the halo. Maybe stars, or a black inside with a purple glow streaming, flames, varieties to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Sort of this, please. Can we get the brazilian wax bikini'd female and practical full protection male options given to both genders please? I want some of my female characters to look completely badass, and I want some of my male characters showing off their butts and pecs. After all, fair's fair.
    Agreed. (though at least with males you can suppress chest armor).

I'd also love a long, simple "duster" coat for the shoulder slot (so that it could be layered over a bare chest/skimpy top.)

(Edit after reading p1 ): I join the Blue Man group applause! The aesthetics of the NPCs and the environments are what keep me coming back to Rift over and over. I still marvel at the sheer scale and beauty of some of the zones, and even after all this time I'm not tired of closing rifts.
    Last edited by Saido; 07-29-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saido View Post
    Agreed. (though at least with males you can suppress chest armor).

I'd also love a long, simple "duster" coat for the shoulder slot (so that it could be layered over a bare chest/skimpy top.)

(Edit after reading p1 ): I join the Blue Man group applause! The aesthetics of the NPCs and the environments are what keep me coming back to Rift over and over. I still marvel at the sheer scale and beauty of some of the zones, and even after all this time I'm not tired of closing rifts.
    The male version of the Rake costume comes closest. I would like to see the male version on the female.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Fantastic View Post
    Stuff I want to see:

Hair meshes attached to hats. Give a general length and style, then make an assortment of colors.
    I would really, really love blonde hair for my toon attached to a stetson. o:

More heels. Boots, or high heels, or whatever. Everyone is so flat footed in RIFT. :c

More bikini warrior stuff... Because reasons. > u >

More hair styles. I know there's a hair pack, and that's cool... But really, it's about time for a whole new set of hair style across the races. /throws wallet at the game

Wider loot tables. You know what I'm talking about. =w=

A ton of new wardrobe outfits, weapons, and pet skins. Like, why not an actual Lion with a mane for the warrior's battle cat? Hm???

...More dungeons. I know of one coming soon, and trust me, I'm excited... But don't skimp on dungeons. With the amount of NTEs I've had to grind, the fact I'm shuffled through the same six constantly is painful- more so when the loot table is so awkward. I'm sure you understand why this is a big deal to me.

FIX TACTICIAN.

Anyway, that's it.

xoxoxo
    Kat
    I'd like to add Body Tattoos to this list, along with an eye color pack that opens up the whole spectrum for eyes.

Also in regards to more hair styles, YES PLEASE. Why not modify all the existing styles for all races, then maybe even add a few more new ones? I'd like some hairstyle with flowers in it for my mage.

I could write a page of suggestions a mile long but I'll just keep to that little stuff.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    What would a steampunk halo look like? Like to see other fx besides the halo. Maybe stars, or a black inside with a purple glow streaming, flames, varieties to choose from.
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/set-g...s-30631548.jpg

Dunno, but maybe this would be a good inspiration.

Obviously, Defiants can only have horns. ;)

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

All of the suggestions and positive feedback is great and I will keep it in mind for my ideas in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/set-g...s-30631548.jpg

Dunno, but maybe this would be a good inspiration.
    Oh, WAY cool! I'd like all of those....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Drakcoon View Post
    Thanks everyone!

All of the suggestions and positive feedback is great and I will keep it in mind for my ideas in the future.
    i hope you make more amazing stuff!! (or atleast, stuff that can be worn without being ashamed to step out in public )

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    i hope you make more amazing stuff!! (or atleast, stuff that can be worn without being ashamed to step out in public )
    I will do my best .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast