+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Updates to Supply Crates and Limited Edition Troves Scheduled for July 29th

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Updates to Supply Crates and Limited Edition Troves Scheduled for July 29th

In late March, we made an attempt to add even more value to Supply Crates and Limited Edition Troves. We did this by making service items, such as Experience Potions, Warfront Announcers and Portraits, tradable. Unfortunately, this resulted in some unforeseen negative effects to the economy, including a measurable increase of fraudulent activity.

As a result, all service items that drop from future Supply Crates or Troves will no longer be tradable. This starts on July 29th with the release of our next Supply Crate.

Any tradable service items that have already been obtained will remain tradable, and there are no plans to force them to be bound.

We appreciate your feedback on our box contents, and will continue to explore interesting things to include in the future.

Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. Thank you for making them tradable for a time, Trion. I really appreciated it and got myself and some friends some of those service tradables for a nice price.
    Serale@Faeblight

just ban the people involved in the fraudulent activity.
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

That sucks since that was a really awesome way for some people to be able to "afford" some of the features of the game without having to get enough credits and/or spend $$ for the NT packs.

Glad I stocked up on some of the character slots, crafting extensions, and whatnot .

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    a measurable increase of fraudulent activity.
    Great job Ducks and this is why we can't have nice stuff

Ascendant

not nice ...

Let me guess, people made tons of new accounts during free patron weekend, got the free weekly chest for patrons, sent the good stuff to their main account and sold/used it?

I was wondering about that last weekend and tested it, but didn't want to post it when the stuff was still running.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Ascendant

I guess what saddens me the most about this is that yet again Trion admit to failing to see 'negative effects' until months later .. such as the one pointed out in the post above .. the game's been out for four years, Human Nature hasn't changed, so why do we still get 'unintended consequences' which cause nice stuff to 'go away'.
    Last edited by Kerin; 07-21-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I guess what saddens me the most about this is that yet again Trion admit to failing to see 'negative effects' until months later .. such as the one pointed out in the post above .. the game's been out for four years, Human Nature hasn't changed, so why do we still get 'unintended consequences' which cause nice stuff to 'go away'.
    I'd imagine that it might have been mentioned, but they decided that they would try and see how it goes. If they had thought of it beforehand, they could have just not tried it and that nice stuff couldn't "go away" because it wouldn't have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I guess what saddens me the most about this is that yet again Trion admit to failing to see 'negative effects' until months later
    Turning the blame onto Trion. Really?
    They didn't screw it up, a few halfwitted members of the community did.

Plane Touched

Hi Archonix,

Can you confirm that by not tradable you only mean not tradable to other players? Bound to account is fine, soulbound can be a nuisance for things like experience vials
    Last edited by Kaltai; 07-21-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Let me guess, people made tons of new accounts during free patron weekend, got the free weekly chest for patrons, sent the good stuff to their main account and sold/used it?

I was wondering about that last weekend and tested it, but didn't want to post it when the stuff was still running.
    Wait... What free weekly patron chest? I logged in all three days, in fact I have logged in every single day for weeks, and I've only received one weekly chest a week, and then only on Wednesdays. This is the first I've heard of a bonus chest having been given out, and if it is accurate, neither my wife nor I received one, despite being patrons (I've been one since day one of the game, actually).

He meant they create multiple accounts... and all these accounts got the 3 day patron benefit, thus free weekly patron boxes. Open said box and send whatever tradable item they may have gotten to their main. Log off, create a new account, rinse and repeat.

Honestly for people to do something like this to an event Trion gave to honor our loyalty and dedication is just... just so wrong.

EDIT: I just realized you probably have not read the announcement of everyone that logged in on July 17-19 gets 3 days patron time. If you are a patron, it means those 3 extra days gets added to your patron time.
    Last edited by Meowy; 07-22-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy
    He meant they create multiple accounts... and all these accounts got the 3 day patron benefit, thus free weekly patron boxes. Open said box and send whatever tradable item they may have gotten to their main. Log off, create a new account, rinse and repeat.

Honestly for people to do something like this to an event Trion gave to honor our loyalty and dedication is just... just so wrong.
    This. I wonder how many gold sellers did this all weekend long - well I don't see that many Bolt mounts in AH atm, so maybe they weren't that creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai
    Can you confirm that by not tradable you only mean not tradable to other players? Bound to account is fine, soulbound can be a nuisance for things like experience vials
    Yes pls. And also take out the stuff you canít use multiple times. Earring slots and PW:W will be mostly useless if you have them and canít sell them.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Rift Disciple

well this sucks... thanks for taking away the opportunity to obtain service items if you cant afford throwing money into the cash shop
    :: Natia@Zaviel :: Rogue :: Stuffs cleared ::

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast