+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Echoes of Madness Brings Instant Adventure to Hammerknell!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Echoes of Madness Brings Instant Adventure to Hammerknell!

With Echoes of Madness (update 3.2), not only will Instant Adventure take you to Hammerknell, but there’s a whole bevy of other improvements as well!

Hammerknell!
    Once a shining bastion of the Dwarves, today it is known more for the foulness and ruin that has overcome its once hallowed halls. Previously, the descend into the depths of the fortress was limited to raiders, and intrepid adventurers could get a taste in the Hammerknell Chronicle. With RIFT’s next update, all Ascended will be able to venture into the once great Drwaven stronnhold, along with your fellow adventurers, to help clear the infestation that has taken hold!

Moving Instant adventure into Hammerknell gives us a whole lot more flexibility in designing Instant Adventures for the space. Normally in IA, each non-kill adventure is fairly stand-along due do necessity, but since the environment and flow in HK is more controlled and predictable, we’re able to design adventures that string together more interesting, longer series of objectives. This will give players all new interactivity with their environment for an IA, as players journey through trees of interconnected quests that lead throughout the fortress. One quick tip, be sure to avoid the runebound barriers!

General IA Improvements
    Adding Instant Adventure to Hammerknell isn’t the only improvement to IA however; we’ve been working to make the IA experience even better than before, as well as adding a bunch of new features. The overall direction is to make sure when you enter an IA you’re immediately grouped up with large numbers of Ascended, and get straight into the fight!

Everyone Fights, No Exceptions – One long standing request that players have had is that rewards be granted to players who actively participate in the Instant Adventure. We’re adding a bunch of new methods to determine who participates, and rewarding accordingly.
    Better Scaling and Pacing – The IA experience in Goboro Reef is one that we think is a great example of how fun and rewarding Instant Adventure should be. Over time, we’ll be retuning existing Instant Adventures to better match the experience you’ll find in Goboro Reef. Wherever you go, you’ll know you’re going to get experience and loot without big swings in difficulty.

Less Distraction – While Zone Events are awesome, it’s not so awesome when half your raid group gets distracted from the adventure you’re currently undertaking. Instant Adventures won’t start in zones with active Zone Events, and if a Zone Event starts while you are there you’ll be transported to a more suitable location once the current mission is concluded.

Notoriety Gains – One of the many rewards from Instant Adventure has been the ability to gain Notoriety in the zone you are adventuring in. With the changes in Echoes of Madness, participants in Instant Adventure will instead earn Tokens, able to be turned in for Notoriety with the faction of their choice!

New IA Queues – Instant Adventure will have two separate queues; the Random queue and Featured queue. Random is exactly what it sounds like; it will place you in an adventure in a random zone. The Featured queue allows you to join into an IA in the zone most relevant to what is currently occurring in Telara. At the start, we’ll have the Featured queue set for Hammerknell, but in the future it may be targeted towards specific new or seasonal content.

So get ready to get adventuring Ascended, it’ll be easier and more fun than ever before!

Awesome improvements!Really many things made me really happy
    One question about the notoriety tokens :
    How often will we take these tokens? Every boss we kill? And we will be able to choose from all the factions to get notoriety (new zones notoriety also) ?

Love the Zone Event change. The worst thing that could happen to an IA is people join the IA group thinking that it was a Zone Event group and not leave, causing the IA grouped people to have to do 20 person IAs with maybe 5-10 people actually doing the IAs.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Awesome improvements!Really many things made me really happy
    One question about the notoriety tokens :
    How often will we take these tokens? Every boss we kill? And we will be able to choose from all the factions to get notoriety (new zones notoriety also) ?
    I would assume that they're just the existing notoriety tokens.

Looking forward to this, a new 1.79GB update to PTS but unfortunately HK IA's still not active yet

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    unfortunately HK IA's still not active yet
    Yes, technical issues, sadly. Looks like early next week at this point. Achievement overhaul is up on PTS today. The next PTS update early next week should also have rebalanced bosses for all low level IAs as well.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Are Tarken Glacier IAs coming out soon after?

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Are Tarken Glacier IAs coming out soon after?
    Maybe... >.>

IAdvAch.jpg
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Can't wait to try out the new HK IAs!

(some typos: 7th line: "stronnhold" supposed to be "stronghold". 8th line: "stand-along" supposed to be "stand-alone" I think.)

Soulwalker

Default Love the new improvements, sorry I hyped myself up thinking this was live now.

Can't wait for this improvement to go live. For right now I just ignore IAs. This will definitely bring me back (to IAs, loving everything else about Rift right now. Ok, maybe I still hate PvP but what're ya gonna do)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Maybe... >.>

Attachment 22984
    Nothing in Draumheim?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Telaran

Ok ok got no problems with the "new" stuff just pissed off that the achievement hunters are getting screwed over with the points being taken away and replaced with rubbish titles

Sorry devs am not al all happy about this.

Not sure why you would be that upset, not like achievments actually mean anything.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Quote Originally Posted by Hagina View Post
    Ok ok got no problems with the "new" stuff just pissed off that the achievement hunters are getting screwed over with the points being taken away and replaced with rubbish titles

Sorry devs am not al all happy about this.
    The points are being removed for the old IA achieves, but the new achieves count your current IAs-completed and it seems to have about 60 more points combined than the old IA achieves combined.

Shadowlander

So is the level 50 Hammerknell raid being replaced with the IAs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast