+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Behind the Scenes: Julia “Darkmoon” Fleming

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #61

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Btw the Udder Demons were so creepy it was funny. Quests like this also make leveling more fun.
    Hi, Kiwi!

Draumheim was a lot of fun to make. I hope we didn't traumatize you all too much between the Udder Demons and the Bogling Nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    How about Instant Adventures for Plane of Water ? Also, can we have some onslaughts ?

I really miss them.
    Onslaughts for Plane of Water are coming soon. We also hope to add more Instant Adventure areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartharc View Post
    Also having more quest objectives share when in a party. I have been questing a lot with my girlfriend and there are a stupid amount of quest objectives that are not shared with other members of the party, forcing us to have to do things again and again.
    This might actually be a bug. Do you remember the names of any of the quests that aren't sharing credit? If you send me a PM with specifics I will investigate.

Soulwalker

Default more small group content

I love the chronicles and would really like to see more two to three player dungeons and raids. I know the first M stands for massively but there's a huge learning curve for a nub with few friends to get into the big raids and its intimidating. With more small party raids using some of the same hardcore boss fight mechanics and perhaps even some raid loot to help fledgeling characters get up to stats.
    With this more directors of big raids could be a little less picky when it comes to their teams (as there will be many more people with exp and stats). As it is, you aren't allowed to learn the ropes as you fight (you are heavily criticized for screw ups). To get into a raid you need to have studied the dungeon, have the proper stats, and often have to have already done it once or twice (depending on the leader).
    Plus the chronicles are awesome and I want more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    Draumheim was a lot of fun to make. I hope we didn't traumatize you all too much between the Udder Demons and the Bogling Nurse.
    Those did not traumatize me NEARLY as much as the absolutely immortal line:

"TAKE ME NOW, YOU BIG SHOULDERED CHOSEN OF THE GODS!"

Whichever Trion developer wrote this, I will have you know - I not only spewed ginger ale ALL OVER MY DESK when I saw it, but I scared ten years off the lives of my husband and my roommate when (after getting over the coughing and choking), I screeched at approximately the volume of a five-alarm fire, "NONONONONONONONONONONO!"

It was glorious.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon View Post
    This might actually be a bug. Do you remember the names of any of the quests that aren't sharing credit? If you send me a PM with specifics I will investigate.
    I'm afraid I can't remember any of the names, but I remember there were quite a few we did recently in Goboro Reef. There was one where you had to collect blue shiny things off the ground, and another where you had to turn ordinary objects back into "sea" objects because of a dream. The udder demon quests in Draumheim didn't share either.

However, if I notice any more quests objectives that do not share, I will be sure to submit a bug report.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #65

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Those did not traumatize me NEARLY as much as the absolutely immortal line:

"TAKE ME NOW, YOU BIG SHOULDERED CHOSEN OF THE GODS!"

Whichever Trion developer wrote this, I will have you know - I not only spewed ginger ale ALL OVER MY DESK when I saw it, but I scared ten years off the lives of my husband and my roommate when (after getting over the coughing and choking), I screeched at approximately the volume of a five-alarm fire, "NONONONONONONONONONONO!"

It was glorious.
    I'm glad it resonated/traumatized. From the start of this zone I insisted I could make that district work in a way that wouldn't break our rating. Most people were traumatized by the nurse.
    Last edited by captaincursor; 02-19-2015 at 01:55 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66

I'm afraid I can't remember any of the names, but I remember there were quite a few we did recently in Goboro Reef. There was one where you had to collect blue shiny things off the ground, and another where you had to turn ordinary objects back into "sea" objects because of a dream. The udder demon quests in Draumheim didn't share either.

However, if I notice any more quests objectives that do not share, I will be sure to submit a bug report.
    Thanks, Dartharc!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Celly View Post
    I must say, Rift has been STRONGLY affirming of LGBT people, and that is an amazing thing... It's included perfectly in that not-ambiguous-but-not-the-main-focus kind of way that makes it just fit naturally into the story. Keep going in that direction.
    Amen to that, this is one area where Rift has been top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post

Also, completely agree with Ember Isle being an awesome content addition

In terms of what I missed:[list][*]Special World Events and Epic Sagas. I miss them. They made new content additions feel more connected to the world and brought the story together. It felt like something was actually happening. For instance the opening of Ember Isle had a World Event where we gathered a ton of gold coins and noticed the Wanton Maw were shipping chests of this gold to Ember Isle via these interesting travel stones. There was a sense of involvement and something actually happening in the game.
    I agree with these two statements 110%, I miss the epic world events so badly. It's what sold me and a ton of friends and guildies on Rift in the first place, it's also what gave Rift its unique flavor. Throw in the quick content updates and the quality of updates Rift use to push back during the 1.X cycle were absolutely stunning.

Ember Isle was and is one of the best content updates Rift has ever pushed. While I could go on for a long time about why it was great, I'll assume most people know about the EI update. It does me good to hear that you directly worked on Ember Isle.

Unfortunately now Rift is starting to feel more like a clone than a game that took already existing systems, improved them, and then created it's own systems to help pursue a goal.

Another thing I would love to see is either the Mastery system changed to help encourage true hybrid builds become viable, adjust the already existing souls to encourage more hybrid builds, or maybe a new set of souls that can be used to encourage hybrid builds. Rift advertises "build your own class" but the reality is that builds used for gameplay are going to be 61 point builds with other flavors thrown in for giggles and grins. I dearly miss the days of going x/x/x into three souls for a build versus 10/61/5 for a restricted play style.

Also...Volan...another colossal boss like him would be amazing. Please?

Shadowlander

Default Feet Skins

Another thing I remembered, can we PLEASE have some non-boot feet skins? Going barefoot has become a character hook for my Kelari I don't like most of the current feet skins. I want some sandals or shoes (you know, footwear that doesn't go above the ankle). Most of the boots skins look like they are made out of half inch to inch thick (if not more) material. With some of the boots, I feel like I'm prepping my character to be thrown into a river and never come out of it.

I'd like Trion to try out more frequent (a couple per year) releases of smaller regions, even separated by a loading screen.

I'm thinking the Sub Planes (unless Trion has other plans) and Sliver Realms, or whatever else. Larger and more involved than Tyrant's Throne (I'm sure all complaints about it have been received anyway), and with key points of interest, and an involved questline, etc - but not even half the size of say, the 3.0 zones. Give them 1-2 zone events to have something happen there, but otherwise give it a focused story and experience.

This isn't to say 'ignore the main zones'. Please do those for expansion releases, and continue the 'tradition' (?) of one main zone added between expansions (Ember Isle, Dendrome, ...Depths?).

I guess what I mean is that I like fairly frequent (every few months or so) releases of story content, especially now that I've gained a renewed interest in it thanks to Nightmare Tide's tone and quality and advancement of storytelling. To know that each season (instead of every year or half year) could have something new (even a neat quest hub like Breaker Point in Ember Isle, or Runic Athenerium), would keep me and others checking in - just as long as the content still feels meaningful to Rift, of course. Just sometimes I wonder if this idea could be expanded into 'zones', even if not 'full zones', but more 'plot areas' that give an open world feel.

I'm not wanting Rift to go all instanced. I just think that a greater degree of instancing in some cases could be awesome.

Oh and I still want Bronze Tomb and Lord's Hall's interior. :P

And maybe something cool like underground ruins under Shimmersand/Stillmoor?

(EDIT: I meant Shimmersand/Droughtlands, for the record. But something cool with Stillmoor and the Mathosian histories would be at least accepted - maybe welcomed!)

BTW I'm just getting through much of the (spoiler Goddess) content in Tarken Glacier, and the mood and questing and script is some of the best I've seen in Rift. It isn't just the writing, but the whole feeling of the area(s) and the pacing of things and the snowstorm and ahh... yeah, that's how to set up a MMO story area.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 02-20-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Duplicate Dimensions

why can't you have duplicate dimensions. Many dimensions scream out for so many "different" build set ups. Please allow duplicate dimension key usage.

Seth the Eth
    Deepwood

Soulwalker

Something else that has also been annoying me to no end is the bug which turns the character's face white and the hair, forehead and lips green. Forcing a loading screen (zoning out and in) sometimes fixes this, but not always. Other times I have to restart the game.

Soulwalker

Default Dungeons

It may have been mentioned, but myself and quite a few others enjoyed the original Dungeons and raids, incl Ember Isle content. We strongly agree that they should be revamped up to lvl 65, with some new loot/fluff/recipe/collection drops (or just some "valid" raid/gear currency). They were so much more involved and better designed compared to the simple and unimaginative newer ones imo. Even bring out a new one every patch or month, along the lines of the 2 "Returns". Also, a possible Master mode to existing ones ?
    The list of bugs and faults with this game are too much to mention here, so will continue to bug report in the usual manner.
    Thanks for your time and ongoing support.

Something else that has also been annoying me to no end is the bug which turns the character's face white and the hair, forehead and lips green. Forcing a loading screen (zoning out and in) sometimes fixes this, but not always. Other times I have to restart the game.
    This is one of my biggest annoyances with Rift on the technical side nowadays - even more than FPS stuff (except in Margle Palace and Nightmare Tide Zone Events and Nightmare Rifts).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by djaka2778 View Post
    Here is something that you developers should think about before adding in a ton of more content, why don't you fix what is already wrong with the game before adding in more ****. Server lag, the horrible graphic glitches and the inability to optimize the game for those of us who use SLI, the sound issues. Unbalanced specs. Just a few things right off the top of my head. Content doesn't mean **** if the game runs and plays like ****, which it does. Of all the games I play on my pc, this ONE and only this ONE I have so many issues with. So I know it's not my rig and I have followed many forums with people stating the same complaints. FIX what you people ****ed up first before adding ANY new content. But that is just my opinion and suggestion.
    Ahhh, nothing like the trolls who have newly created accounts with only one posting coming in and chiming in like they know this game like the back of their hand and could do it better than anyone else working on it.

Also, the use of the foul language just makes you seem uneducated and overly-angry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast