+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official RIFT Forum Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Official RIFT Forum Changes

Greetings Ascended,

Online games are all about community interaction. People interacting constructively, both directly with us and among each other, are one of their greatest strengths. It can be truly additive to the game experience in a positive way, and that’s always been our goal.

Over the last several weeks, we have been reviewing our overall forum policies to find ways to bring them in line with that vision. In order to fit, the forums need to be a better place to give feedback and interact with your fellow players of RIFT, without being subjected to malicious behavior from bad actors. While there are no easy answers to these sorts of questions, we’ve considered a number of different solutions that would make your feedback more likely to be heard and make the forums an overall more constructive place for discussing RIFT.

Starting today, in order to post on the official RIFT forums, you’ll need to have a character at level 10 or above in RIFT. To receive these updated permissions, you will need to log out then log back in on the forums. This new requirement has been added to foster a more constructive online community by preventing spam and the creation of duplicate accounts to harass other players. For new players seeking technical assistance, our Support Center (https://support.trionworlds.com/) is populated with answers to all of the latest topics to help get you into the game and there is no level requirement to contact us for further help. The forums will remain public including the Technical Support forum where answers to many common issues can be found.

Once that’s in place, we will be able to put significantly more of our efforts into ensuring that the forums remain a constructive place to share information, and we’ll be doing that with more stringent enforcement of our community standards. You may want to familiarize yourself with them if you haven’t looked in a while. In general, if you wouldn’t walk into someone’s house and say the same words in person, they likewise don’t belong on our forums. Criticism is fine – It’s only through honesty that anyone ever improves - Though it needs to be kept constructive at all times.

As part of this change, we have also decided to close the French and German language Forums for RIFT. This was not an easy decision, because we greatly value feedback in all languages, but overall our primarily English-speaking team cannot provide the same quality of engagement on these forums. We invite you to participate on the main RIFT Forums and look forward to hearing from our French and German players there. The RIFT game is localized in English, French and German. It will continue to be in English, French and German, even after this forum change. We request that you continue to submit bug reports on any localization issues you encounter in the Technical Support forum.

We’re glad to have such a passionate community participating on the RIFT forums and look forward to continuing to experience RIFT together.

The RIFT Team
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 12-18-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: update

I'm very happy to see the first two steps-- no posting priveleges until lvl 10, and
    more stringent enforcement of our community standards
    I feel these can go a long way towards making/keeping the RIFT forums one of the best game forums around. (I learned not to bother with the AA forums, where posters are by-and-large a destructive force, drowning out any actual feedback. I hope you'll consider some changes there too.)

While there are some bad-actors here as well, I appreciate all the team's prior and ongoing efforts to keep this a fun site to visit and post.
    Last edited by R0NlN; 12-18-2014 at 01:45 PM.

fzf
    Telaran

surely the new code of conduct could use a quote with words that aren't censored in game?
    Last edited by fzf; 12-18-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Can you create a sub-forum for French and a sub-forum for german on the english forum (like you have done with defiance)?

That would be great, and better than the unutilized french and german forum.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Can you create a sub-forum for French and a sub-forum for german on the english forum (like you have done with defiance)?

That would be great, and better than the unutilized french and german forum.
    I would have to agree with this. Adding a new category section for both languages with a basic amount of forums would be welcome.
    --BC

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    I would have to agree with this. Adding a new category section for both languages with a basic amount of forums would be welcome.
    Unfortunately creating a subsection doesn't really help us read and respond to their feedback. Even running their posts through automated translation will give them better results, since it is exponentially more likely their feedback will be read.

Ascendant

I see why you did it but imo it could use some improvement. Imagine new players not being able to make a thread and ask for help with Glyph or game not allowing them to even reach that level 10 due to techical errors and such.

Instead of limiting the posting privilege to lvl10+ make it a mint of how many threads and post you can make per day or week until player reach that lvl10. This way you can reduce amount of spam without hurting those who may need some help wth technical stuff, since getting lvl10 takes only few mins anyway.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

FINALLY! The Indian spammers have to work for it...

Target destroyed. New target...Harrassers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Unfortunately creating a subsection doesn't really help us read and respond to their feedback. Even running their posts through automated translation will give them better results, since it is exponentially more likely their feedback will be read.
    But the official forums are not only a place to give feedback to devs. It's also a place where players speack to other players.
    For this reason it would be great to have a subsection, not for feedback but to have a official place where we can speack to other rift player in our mother language.

So please consider to create two subsections, one for french discussions, one for german discussions.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    But the official forums are not only a place to give feedback to devs. It's also a place where players speack to other players.
    For this reason it would be great to have a subsection, not for feedback but to have a official place where we can speack to other rift player in our mother language.

So please consider to create two subsections, one for french discussions, one for german discussions.
    We'll certainly keep it under advisement. We do appreciate the community building nature of forums, it presents a number of challenges for us to administrate however.

In the meantime we've created a thread for localization issues, which will make it much easier for our LOC team to respond to these types of things quicker.

Level 10 requirement is great for reducing all that late-night spam. I doubt the spammers have ever touched the 'Download RIFT' button.

I definitely think some kind of sub-forum for French and German players would really help out.

Ascendant

... I just made a post to answer a question, and I got an extra screen stating my answer won't be posted until it has been approved. Is that also part of this? That would make the friendly banter and helping people out quickly when they ask something go away totally... How long will it take for posts to show up this way?

i got this : michouchou22, your request could not be completed.

You must have a character of level 10 or higher to be able to post to the forums!

i don't understand i log out then log in !

i have 2characters lv 65 (other are around 60) so i dunno why this is not working.
    DESTINY
    RUSILA@Gelidra
    1.0 to 1.9 all boss down Rip Maelforge Version 1 2.0 to 2.9 All boss down rip Maelforge Version 2
    3.0 Nigthmare expert : all clean 3.0 10man : 4/4 3.0 20man : Ms 5/5

Hm, seems they actually play Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Criticism is fine Its only through honesty that anyone ever improves - Though it needs to be kept constructive at all times.

The RIFT Team
    We've asked for nothing but "honesty" from the RIFT Team for the past 2 expansions. We've received the complete opposite, please keep that in mind as you venture forward.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast