+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nightmare Tide Extends Open Beta, Launch Set for Oct 22!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

That's unfortunate. We announced the initial date as a target, and encouraged folks not to take time off work, but it still happens. You never know what is going to happen on a launch day, there can be additional downtime or the need for an update.

We'd rather not move the date, but we want to deliver the expansion you'll enjoy the most.
    I understand a large number of people taking time off work to play, and being frustrated that the date has been pushed back... but did you forget it was a launch date and this sort of thing can happen? Sure, noone wants it to happen, but it was obviously warranted and while heaps of us think we'd just rather play it as it is now, we'd probably find "I wish they had have pushed it back a little" by the time we've smashed through the first couple of levels.
    I'm not happy about the date being pushed back, but i'm happier about knowing the game will be better for it.

Plane Touched

Personally very unhappy about this. Yes i understand there is issues but then on the other end many people took off work already and are not screwed because of it.

Will you guys be fixing the latency spikes with this extension? I sure hope so.

Telaran

I have to say im really disappointed. I work a very chaotic job so time to play isnt really something i get a lot of. I was excited for this xpac so i resubbed and requested a few days off so i would have the time to play, not just an hour or 2 at night when i am ready to pass out after work. That is now all fracked less then a week before launch, absolute ****e for timing.

I made a post earlier saying how dead servers/guilds are last night (a usual raid night for my guild) we had 3 people on. Now i get 2 more PAYING patron weeks of that to look forward to .... awesome

IF this really needs done then may i suggest give us mech week or something to do or hell even patch in void stones and nightmare rifts to sl zones to give people some incentive to play because I don't see much and they lack of respect for timing is making me regret playing money for the CE and patron.

I know im going to get flamed for taking time off work but unlike some people i dnt have much time to play while im working my normal 50+ hour per week work week and being a husband so yeah i took a few days off and dropped a lot of money on CE, patron, and credits to try to support a game i now feel wronged by.

Autumn harvest would be nice while we wait, maybe give out 7 days worth of the transcendent vials if your feeling generous, that way those who took time time off would have them for the expac for a time they can use them.

Regardless im still happy you waited until its ready, playing buggy content sucks.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're following very closely.

That's unfortunate. We announced the initial date as a target, and encouraged folks not to take time off work, but it still happens. You never know what is going to happen on a launch day, there can be additional downtime or the need for an update.

We'd rather not move the date, but we want to deliver the expansion you'll enjoy the most.
    i Know i am one person who came back to came and at least according to all the advertisements i saw even from Trion it just said 3.0 on October 8th nothing about target date to be 100% honest with you. Might wanna do more then just say on a live stream.

Plane Walker

Default Setback

.. going to go cry silently in the corner
    Last edited by Missyshamble; 10-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Ascendant

For those who booked time off work for the release... well kudos for the dedication and all but Rift Team members, on several occasions, had specifically advised people not to do that. Those that went and did it anyway, and are now out of luck, did so at their own fault. It was also made clear that the date was a goal not a guarantee.

As someone who's been on the PTS a fair bit since it went open beta I can say that there still needed a few coats of polish here and there before it was release-ready. A seemingly not-quite-finished expansion would do a lot more lasting damage than one that was merely delayed an extra couple weeks while the finishing touches are added.
    Last edited by Kedon; 10-02-2014 at 04:18 PM.

how about you guys work twice as fast and release it on the 15th?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #55

Quote Originally Posted by IamYoshi View Post
    i Know i am one person who came back to came and at least according to all the advertisements i saw even from Trion it just said 3.0 on October 8th nothing about target date to be 100% honest with you. Might wanna do more then just say on a live stream.
    Communicating this was very important. We made sure to include it in the announcement itself:

http://community.riftgame.com/en/201...aunches-oct-8/

The RIFT Nightmare Tide™ expansion is bearing down on Telara, with launch targeted for Oct. 8!
    Release dates are a tricky subject. The only way to make sure you'll have a firm date is to push the release date back months after the work is completed. But at the same time that makes it much more difficult to release anything else new. Any change has to undergo double the amount of testing, and requires additional work from the build engineers managing two branched development tracks. So players get less content and have to wait longer.

The team is excited to get this content out to you, and in my personal opinion it's pretty amazing stuff. Putting it out before it's absolutely ready isn't a good idea however, no matter how well intentioned it would be. The office has been pretty busy on the weekends lately, as the team was excited about making the announced date. After review and reading the Open Beta feedback we decided that it was better to push the date.

Shadowlander

trion plx, you valve?

Rift Disciple

Ok, a little over two weeks to wait. I can deal with that..

I sure hope the fish fairy comes and sprinkles some more fish in the expansion.. so the ocean feels like an actual ocean, and fish are hopefully in the ponds of Mergle Palace.. as referenced here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4908705

Dear Trion,

When you think you have added enough fish, whales, sea turtles, star fish, sea horses, dolphins ect.. just realize you probably need MOAR fish! Just saying...

Shadowlander

Default do 2 releases

DO two release dates.

Early access the 8th
    Polished Official launch on 22nd

The people who want polish can wait till the 22nd and the rest of us can start on the 8th. ( those of us starting on the 8th understand there will be bugs and patches).

This would be a great compromise

I made the bad decision to buff up and activate a 160% exp-pot and put my character in position for the expansion, since I was planning to spend the last week before the expansion on something else, so now I can't login for -three- weeks because of this or I'll have wasted a 1000 credits pot.

Based on past experience with Trion is anyone really surprised? I am having fun in Destiny so i'm not really worried. I do feel for the players that will have to go another 20 or so days playing in a dead Rift. I am sure that the date has been pushed back for a good reason but I believe it could have been managed better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast