+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree54Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Producer's Letter - Memories of an Ascended

Shadowlander

I can't understand why many people use the Lycini/Torvan rep as an example of "bad" grinding to get the essences and cape. I needed only 15days to max the rep when I reached 60lvl and 30days to gather all the currency needed.
    As for the mastery lvls.... If it is role specific then we might get +Endurance or +Strength, or faster cooldown of some abilities etc. The only issue is if these masteries are static and universal some people will become fine tuned for a specific role, lets say tank, and not for the others.For most people playing the game this is not a great issue, but there are many minmaxers out there who will cry foul. The same people who have 3 or 4 sets of armor, one for each role, and argue that the bard in the raid should do more damage

cfc
    Shadowlander

If 3.0 means gameplay underwater, it will be catastrophic.
    What news do we have about gameplay underwater in 3.0 ?
    The game is unplayable underwater, it's not new...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by cfc View Post
    If 3.0 means gameplay underwater, it will be catastrophic.
    What news do we have about gameplay underwater in 3.0 ?
    The game is unplayable underwater, it's not new...
    AFAIK they did the 'song of dreams' update to determine how well players actually would respond to underwater content, and their conclusion was: it's ok, but only in small, short bursts. They've already confirmed that Goboro Reef will be primarily on-land content.

Default Daglar will you give more info on Live Stream

"New equipment slots are also available in Nightmare Tide. You will be able to unlock these new slots for your entire account by purchasing a digital edition of Nightmare Tide, or you may unlock these new slots per character by playing the game and investing time and resources. We want to ensure that there is a fair and equitable way for you to earn these equipment slots while offering an opportunity for you to show your continued support of RIFT development."

Daglar will you be giving information on Friday's LS for the cost of the "Digital Edition" and when it will be available? Looking forward to 3.0.
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    [*] PvP Matchmaking Update
    I dont really get this part.

Crossing my fingers for two things to be included in this expansion -

1.) A Mini Akylios companion pet that follows the player around in a tiny floating bubble.

2.) Considering the Shi-Ming Maw in the underwater area of Ember Isle, I hope all of our hellbug mounts are also amphibious.
    Last edited by FlaminBurrito; 06-26-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    *muffled ayy lmaoing in the distance*

Default Hoping for something else

I was hoping this was a goodbye letter...
    Well, I'll keep the torch burning.

Best toch song ever
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I was hoping this was a goodbye letter...
    **looks at your signature**

Because Rift is now pay-to-win, there's no point in playing. So long suckers.
    I think your account has been hacked, seeing as you're still posting here

So here are my favorite things so far:

1) Raiding gear is still usefull into 3.0
    -This will have a ginormous impact. The reason why is many guilds fall apart at T3 content for the primary reason of the worth of gear. Previously, with gear resets, T3 gear was useless in the next expact for competition purposes. Now competative raiding guilds have a reason to not only finish T3, but to farm it as much as possible, as this will give them a leading edge into the expacs 1st tier of competition. I predict that expert and R1 gear will serve excellently as initial leveling gear and R1 may get you to 65 comfortably. R2 I suspect will allow you to be ready for Expert dungeons, and I bet R3 will render you ready for 10 man R1s. Maybe not to the most comfortability but atleast for competative guilds that have shown many times they could compete just fine in greens and blues in R1 content. This actually refreshed our own guild by quite a bit too. We have so many people signing up for raids and willing to be bench to help the guild as a whole progress more through T3 (just killed GS this week wooT!!!!) Anyway, very good idea guys on this idea, I think the impact is amazing as we have players returning to Pre-gear up for the next expansion now.

2) New soul changes for 2.8.
    -First off, mages are very excited about stormcaller. A sustained AOE spec not dependent on enemy ability usage is something we've been lacking. Current stormcaller is fun to me, but it is very complicated for the average player to pull off, and even then if the opponents do any form of abilities (aka not crystals on inyrkta) then dom pulls off ahead. This new version, all tuning aside is very promising and can't wait to get the full deal with some utility thrown in. I know pyro needs a lot of work, but the talk about bringing some bursty mage turrets back into the game excites me. There are some fights where there is not a lot of movement for some of our mage strategies and need more bursty burst DPS (like IG twins, breaker X1, proteus for burst windows, etc) and the new bursty turret will be nice. Its a work in progress. We also know this was a necessary prerequisite for the 61 archon overhaul and corresponding QOL changes for BM (cant change BM if Archon doesnt get adjusted as well) and I really look forward to those changes too. The only other things mages could get a look into is maybe some better posession mechanics (maybe just grant your pet new abilities with an upgraded form for X seconds instead, because tank pet and rogue pet are not good posessions atm) as well as some love for elementalist (especially our air, water, and tank pet, once we get fire we use nothing else) and really, mage will be in a very well balanced spot. 2.8 of course doesnt just include mages. I have a 60 of every class and look forward to the BM changes a lot, the new reaver and corresponding effects on pali and void night, as well as potential changes to marksman though its a challenging thing to tackle. These class devs put up with so much complaints but we trust them so much to handle them and sort through the junk to find those gems of suggestions. They deserve a huge thanks for all their effort as it impacts everyone no matter their playstyle.

3) new pet type!!!
    -So many of my guildies are gonna be fully addicted to this. Sending minions on adventures, quests, farming, gathering loot, or training them or whatever is going to add literally a whole new playstyle to the game. I am very very excited for this. I know its not pokemon battles, and thats not what I wanted. But what they are showing us so far is exactly my type of deal I can see being heavily addicted to.
    -SUGGESTION - consider making an extra window in the RIFT mobile app where we can track our pets progress on whatever quests or adventures we send them on!!!
    -additional mobile suggestion!!!-consider allowing us to make charactor profiles on our app, with links to our youtube channels, facebook, twitter, twitch, etc. This would connect the ingame social connections to mobile as well. There are many players I like to follow and if I dont have to be connected to a computer to do so...that'd be amazing! Lastly consider making, similarly to the current LFG/R recruitment addon you can download, to the mobile app. That way I can walk away from the computer and do stuff and the app will send me a notification when there is a raid or group looking for something similar to what I'm looking for!

Anyway, 3.0 is looking amazing so far. Every friend I invite to the game gets wholefully sucked into it. Great job, and also thanks so much for the extremely non-enigmatic state of the game letter. As an experienced gamer, I know that many devs are afraid to say what they are doing and why to their players with no beating around the bush. Daglar is not afraid to say what is reality and doesnt BS with us at all on expectations. Even if we sometimes disagree with that reality at times, it builds trust faster than false promises. Definitely proud to make my primary game be RIFT at the moment!!! Thanks Daglar and RIFT TEAM!

PS: If dimensions ever get made to where we can create our own dungeons or boss scenarious...I will approve of "lives in a pinapple under the sea" being built...if only I'm allowed to kill a certain sponge...but if he does his annoying laugh as often as twyl told me what the summer sun does...the DIM creater and I are gonna have words...:|
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 06-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Daglar: as one of the returning but uncommitted players I am both happy and sad with Rift as it now stands. Currently I am just running dailies to work on notoriety (just because I can't raid until I get a new rig).

Which brings me to the sad part. I was looking thru the Raid vendors and see you can buy gear for cash that makes the gear I earned running raids pathetic. Sure it is a lot of cash, but still that stuff needs to be earned.

I know your company needs to make money, but raid gear should be off limits.

Thanks for the upcoming new content.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    but still that stuff needs to be earned.
    As long as a game provides a way to earn gear through a time investment vs a cash investment, it is not P2W and therefore not an issue. Who are "you" to say how it needs to be "earned" ?

F2P is actually an ideal system - people who work and have limited time can cut back on some of the grind by spending cash - funding the game.

People who have time can play a game for free

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    I know your company needs to make money, but raid gear should be off limits.
    Yes, their company needs to make money.

If you don't understand how F2P works, don't tell them what should or shouldn't be "off limits" - their model is fair, ethical and sound.

Personally, considering the fact that the darn T2 gear is so expensive and that they don't even have tier 3 on the store, they have gone out of their way to appease the masses.

In my opinion, everything (stat wise) should be able to be attained via cash or via in-game time. However, i would a caveat that the stuff you buy should not maybe "look" as pretty as the raid drops, but either way I don't care. No-one is going to recruit a person in high tier gear when they don't have the achievement for the gear - even if they've bought it. If they are buying it to fill in for lack of time or some unlucky loot rolls, I don't see the problem.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 07-04-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by WockyCC View Post
    No-one is going to recruit a person in high tier gear when they don't have the achievement for the gear - even if they've bought it. If they are buying it to fill in for lack of time or some unlucky loot rolls, I don't see the problem.

couldn't of said it better,

*rubs hands with glee* Minions... go fetch me some ale!

Wonder if I can send my minions to fetch me some shinies!? hahahaha Very exciting changes are in our future! Can't wait to see how this all will be going down!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4