Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Europe Reunited!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Europe Reunited!

As we talked about last October, our goal over the last months has been to completely unify the European region into a single cluster. This will enable all players in Europe to freely play with one another, transferring between European shards to participate in activities on whichever shard they choose. Our engineers have completed the necessary work, and the reunification of the European shards is now set to happen on July 3, 2014!

Additionally, we’ve been putting in a lot of work behind the scenes to increase the capacity of our servers to be able to handle even more players. The only thing better than playing RIFT with your friends is playing with even more people! As a result, our servers can now handle enough players that we’re comfortable joining several of our shards together to give players more opportunities for interaction and adventure.
    • Brutmutter will be combined into Brutwacht.*Brutwacht will continue to be a German PvE shard.
    • Phynnious, the International PvP shard, will be combined with Bloodiron.*Bloodiron will be designated as an International PvP shard, reflecting its diverse population.

For more details, please check the FAQ below.

We’re very excited that our hard work has paid off, and now European players will be able to join each other in battle to save Telara. Go forth Ascended, and adventure together!
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 06-23-2014 at 01:30 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Default European Cluster Combination FAQ

1. What is a Cluster?
      A Cluster is a group of shards (servers) that players can transfer between. Instanced content is also shared between shards on a cluster.
    2. Will the shards be moving physically?
      No, the shards will remain in the same datacenter they are currently at.
    3. Will my connection speeds be affected?
      No, your connection to RIFT should remain exactly the same.
    4. Will there be any differences in my gameplay?
      You’ll have more people to play with. This should have a positive impact on your gameplay! There won’t be any other changes.
    5. My server is being combined. What if my name is taken on the shard that I’m moving to?
      If you are transferred to a shard where your name is taken, you will be offered a free name change.
    6. What if my guild name is taken on the destination shard?
      Guilds that have conflicting names will have “?” appended to them. We will be offering one free guild rename to any guild with an appended “?” in the game. Please have an officer of the guild enter a support ticket to claim this.
    7. What about mail, items in the Auction House, or my Dimensions? Will they be affected?
      No, there will be no changes to these items.
    8. When is this happening?
      Thursday, July 3 during the normally scheduled downtime.
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-23-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Telaran

If you are transferred to a shard where your name is taken, you will be offered a free name change.
    That is not very nice for people like me. I checked my main's name and it is free so i saved it for now.

Just to be sure, i am on Brutmutter and will be moved to Brutwacht so i have to change my name?

How will the name change work? Can i save my name on a lvl 1 alt, wait for the unification, delete it and give my moved alt the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Teldaril View Post
    That is not very nice for people like me. I checked my main's name and it is free so i saved it for now.

Just to be sure, i am on Brutmutter and will be moved to Brutwacht so i have to change my name?

How will the name change work? Can i save my name on a lvl 1 alt, wait for the unification, delete it and give my moved alt the name?
    You can save your name for now with the level 1 alt. You then have two options:

1) Delete the level 1 character just before the merger maintenance (slightly risky if someone were to "take" your name at the last second).

2) Wait and delete the level 1 character after the merger, but BEFORE you click Play with your main. Your main will be named [Click Play to Rename] and as long as you have deleted the level one, when it asks for you to rename it just type in the name you want it to be.

Inbe4 clusters split into 2 again after 1 week due to lagg.

Servers already have ability lag in raids, here it comes again.

The Gamer Beans
    <Legit>

Champion

Very very good news.
    Guild: Sang Antique on Brisesol. IG: 3/3, PBB 5/5. BoB 5/8
    French translator of Dimension Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: Ten Train Station are currently open to visit

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post

Hm yeah, I'm a bit worried too.

Wonder who of the shards that will be Skelfed

Ailene - R90 Rogue - 4/4 GA - 3/3 IG - 5/5 PBB - 3/4 BoB (4/4 Minis)
    Mena - 4/4 GA - 3/3 IG - 5/5 PBB - 3/4 BoB (4/4 Minis)
    <Trash on Farm> on Gelidra

That's what HE said...

Soulwalker

These are good news, but what about the characterlimit per shard? I already got 6 characters on Brutwacht an 2 on Brutmutter,does that mean i have to delete some characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Cayna View Post
    These are good news, but what about the characterlimit per shard? I already got 6 characters on Brutwacht an 2 on Brutmutter,does that mean i have to delete some characters?
    You can just transfer them onto any other EU shard before the merge, to be on the safe side

about the merge, i really really hope they got the laggs sort out, and dont just merge because its summer/Wildstar happend aka. the shards are not that full because of "stuff".

Otherwise prepare do split them again within the next months, its not like we dont had that exact same stuff some months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

I love you Trion for the work done behind the scene to improve how the servers handle the players and thus being able to reunite the EU clusters !

For the two merges, I expected them so I am not surprised, hope it will bring a bit more life to the PvP shard.

EDIT: now, we are just missing cross-shard AH but we know it is on the wish list so it will arrive some day
    Last edited by Elioty; 06-23-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Thank the good lord ur not merging PvE shards, as for PvP shards, well i guess 200ppl on 1 is better than 100 on 2
    Vollybear@Typhiria
    #1 Hardcore Casual

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cayna View Post
    These are good news, but what about the character limit per shard? I already got 6 characters on Brutwacht and 2 on Brutmutter, does that mean i have to delete some characters?
    You'll be able to access all 8 characters on the merged shard. In general, it works like this:

Our character select screen displays up to 12 characters. As such, if you have that number of character or less, you'll be able to see and play them all. If you have more than 12 characters, you will have to delete or transfer one of the 12 visible characters in order to see a hidden character.

The number of slots on your account still matters in terms of creation of new characters. If you have 6 slots on your account and end up with 8 characters on the shard due to the merge, you will have to delete 3 characters (getting down to 5) before you can create a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post

PC issues I guess, since I've no lag in CQ.

This is great news. I know there will be issues, Trion cannot possibly predict or account for every possible scenario. Just hope they are few and far between, and those affected are treated fairly.

I have one big question: since it looks like the EU shards are coming together, does this mean we'll see the ability to xfr between EU / US shards soon? and eventually a world sandbox environment (like Eve or the orig SWG)?

Just wondering.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Will there be any differences in my gameplay?
    You’ll have more people to play with. This should have a positive impact on your gameplay! There won’t be any other changes.
    I really hope that this time the act of combining the cluster will not have a negative impact on the gameplay within raids as it did the last time.

The frist attempt I could forgive due to the fact that sometimes not everything turns out as planned but if the second attempt is not working out then I lose all my hopes in you.

Cheers,
    RePyH
    Last edited by RePyH; 06-23-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    Guides: PBB / IG-Volan

EU Guild - Ex Tenebris - recruting
    GA 4/4 - IG 3/3 - PBB 4/5 - BoB 2/4

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast