+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Get Rewarded for Inviting Others to Play RIFT!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Get Rewarded for Inviting Others to Play RIFT!

Have a friend you’d love to play RIFT with? Then we’ve got a program for you!

The RIFT Ascend-a-Friend program has been improved and makes inviting your friends to join you in RIFT better than ever. In addition to the handy ability to summon your friend to your side, when your newly Ascended allies purchase something with game cards or money in RIFT, you’ll earn Referral Coins that are redeemable at the in-game store for special items like mounts, pets, costumes, and even REX. You don’t even have to leave the game to invite your friends; simply click the social icon and select “Ascend-a-Friend” to begin.

Recruits receive:
    • The ability to teleport to their recruiter, making grouping up a breeze!
    • 25% experience bonus when grouped with and in proximity to their recruiter
    • A Free 16 slot Bag
    • A rune granting their weapon a special glow
    • A stunning cloak
    • A unique title

Get started today!

So i know the old ascend a friend program required the friend to purchase a month of game time before the rewards were given. Since Rift is now free to play how does that work?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amoriala View Post
    So i know the old ascend a friend program required the friend to purchase a month of game time before the rewards were given. Since Rift is now free to play how does that work?
    .when your newly Ascended allies purchase something with game cards or money in RIFT..
    Sounds to me that they need to spend credits. I wonder if it counts if they buy a rex with plat and spend credits that way.

Nailbat@Faeblight
    Ayssia@Faeblight

So let's say that you have a friend that has been continuously playing Rift since you ascended him. If he continues to pay for credits and buy things in game with them, do I still keep getting credit? or is it a one time thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    Thanks, Kharde. The rest of you lot deserve spankings.
    Live Stream

Spankmehard@Deepwood, Tank/Dps/Bad Healer

As has been asked on the thread in General Discussion and gone unanswered: what is the credit to referral coin rate?

What is going to be involved now to get the old standard rewards (Courage, Trailblazer's Hat, and Ember Steed)?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

It would help it if you included an FAQ of questions we've been asking in the other thread you replied to Ocho.

How many RC do you earn per referral per what they spend? Do they have to purchase patron? Do we earn RC if they buy REX with plat and then spend the REX credits on the Rift Store? Do we only earn once from a referral if they purchase with credits on the Rift Store? Do we earn from RC from them every time they purchase credit packages? Do we only earn RC from them every time they spend credits?

Default Is it Retroactive?

I have 41 Ascended friends, many of whom are from launch and some from the Storm Legion expansion launch (several no longer play now). Do they count? What about purchases and subscription time they bought in the past? Is any of it retroactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    I have 41 Ascended friends, many of whom are from launch and some from the Storm Legion expansion launch (several no longer play now). Do they count? What about purchases and subscription time they bought in the past? Is any of it retroactive?
    Why would it be retroactive? You already received your AAF rewards (and if they were subscribers, you received free 30 days of subscription service) prior to the system change.

Although, what question you can ask is if you'll receive RC from any of your current AAF's "money spent in the Rift Store" or if it's only new AAF's that count.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Why would it be retroactive? You already received your AAF rewards (and if they were subscribers, you received free 30 days of subscription service) prior to the system change.

Although, what question you can ask is if you'll receive RC from any of your current AAF's "money spent in the Rift Store" or if it's only new AAF's that count.
    No I mean for people that I referred... and what you said. Before you got nothing from that, and now you do.
    Last edited by Feydakin; 05-15-2014 at 01:05 PM.

From what I can see, anyone that you have already referred and has joined, they are already on your list that you can get the RC from. I would really like to know the ratio of how many RC you get per Credit bought by referrals. I would also like to see the ability to gift these referral awards you can get. I'd love to get my fiance one of the neat mounts.

Ascendant

So here's a question. What about those that I referred to BEFORE refer a friend was actually a thing. I mean, that's ancient 2011 times, but it used to not do anything with precious Ascend a friend. Is it an option now?
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    So here's a question. What about those that I referred to BEFORE refer a friend was actually a thing. I mean, that's ancient 2011 times, but it used to not do anything with precious Ascend a friend. Is it an option now?
    You can't retroactively request people be an AAF if they were before AAF was introduced. I tried to ticket a request to have them manually added but it was denied.

Here's support response I received 12/25/2012 from a ticket I made 12/15/2012 asking for someone to be retroactively added:

I sincerely apologize for any confusion, however eligibility for linking accounts is based on when the game was purchased. While an account could be created last year, if that account purchased the game over 30 days ago, it cannot be linked as an ascended friend to any accounts. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

Ascendant

*Note: Only new players who have yet to purchase RIFT Credits or products are eligible for Ascension.
    Welp, that was clear and precise. Wonder how I missed it when I checked the ascend a friend page last time.
    Last edited by Repster; 05-16-2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Soulwalker

try redeeming this code on your account and see if that lets you get the ascension goodies.
    code: Y3JCKKPXTYR6XD6RF6PQ

I redeemed a code like that when a friend had a link....and I already had an account...and it seamed to work.

Though only lets you do it once.

+ Reply to Thread