+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT: Year Two State of the Game (part Two of Two)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza View Post
    For a recap of the game's state their announcement is lacking, as is the expansion it's self. What surprises me even more though, is that the main concern of many of this thread's posters is if the game will change it's financial model, instead of how the many problems it has right now will be addressed.
    In what possible way could you say the expansion is lacking. Unless you are talking about pvp, this expansion is one of the biggest I've seen from any MMO.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Keep up the good work!!

Despite a lot of moaning from players about certain things, myself included on occasion, you must be doing something right as we are all still here (Biggest gripe is the awful servers you are using haha).

The game is head and shoulders above any other MMO out there at the moment and the best since DAoC in my honest opinion.

I would love to hear some information on where you plan to take the story of the ascended and the dragons now that Regulos is defeated. Job done, whats next? What is beyond the infinity gate?? Even some teasers would be awesome!

World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

Soulwalker

Default State of the Game?

If you are expecting a lot of pats on the back skip to the end. When I first played Rift almost 2years ago I was immediately drawn in not only by the dramatic graphics but the coherent story line, the great attention to coordinating player needs within the game,it's diversity, it's sense of humor, it's helpful and courteous player base. At this point, sadly, I can only site the graphics and story line as maintaining original quality.
    Like it or not, despite the the truly great technical expertise of the developers, the success of a game is based on customer satisfaction. That means dedicating resources not only to timely account customer service but on the customer's overall game experience. Player's cannot live on the game, their time constraints must be given serious thought when setting goals and activities. When the player provides you timely feedback, you do the same. If you do not employ dedicated gamers then employ dedicated customer evaluation and response.Better policing of chat is needed to set a cooperative atmosphere, Bad hair days are best left at home. Coordination and COURTESY are sadly lacking severely diminishing the overall gaming experience. Be the best again please.

Quote Originally Posted by Havors View Post
    Keep up the good work!!

Despite a lot of moaning from players about certain things, myself included on occasion, you must be doing something right as we are all still here (Biggest gripe is the awful servers you are using haha).

The game is head and shoulders above any other MMO out there at the moment and the best since DAoC in my honest opinion.

I would love to hear some information on where you plan to take the story of the ascended and the dragons now that Regulos is defeated. Job done, whats next? What is beyond the infinity gate?? Even some teasers would be awesome!

Lol, that one year sub, has a lot to do some still being here...

Shadowlander

I have played and loved Rift so much. I played the equivalent of 8 months of game time in close to 2 years. It was all I did. I even paid for 3 yrs of game time in advance. Thats how bad I loves the game. But lets be honest the signals we are getting (and there is alot) indicates that the game is in It's declining phase of It's life. I havent played for about 1 month but Still come on the web site to see If anything new is happening. But there's nothing. Mr. Hartsman left and I agree that the state of the game is not indicating It's gonna die soon but it certainly does not indicate any investment in it either. It's sad. I hâte to see the game slowly being let go but at the same time I can't invest anymore time in a game that is on such a decline.

To Trion: Thanks for an amazing world you provided us with but please be clear about the game status with the remaining player base.

To remaining players: Enjoy the ride cause it truly is a great one and I hope you are not let down in a few months.

Soulwalker

I don't understand. Expansion comes out a few months ago, and everyone wants more? A quick letter, although vague and people still complain?

I really enjoy playing this game. My problem is I start off doing one thing, and end up wondering around looking for my shinies!, or helping out at a rift. .... I still haven't finished exploring SL. ( Yes, I started when it was released.)

To say this game is boring, or there's nothing to do anymore is a gross injustice to How much there really is to do.

Thank you Trion, for putting out content that is fun and never dull.

I really hope this game never goes F2P.

Please people, be upset at the letter, not the game. At least it isn't WOW. (sends shivers down my spine).

Kah

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlane View Post
    I don't understand. Expansion comes out a few months ago, and everyone wants more? A quick letter, although vague and people still complain?

I really enjoy playing this game. My problem is I start off doing one thing, and end up wondering around looking for my shinies!, or helping out at a rift. .... I still haven't finished exploring SL. ( Yes, I started when it was released.)

To say this game is boring, or there's nothing to do anymore is a gross injustice to How much there really is to do.

Thank you Trion, for putting out content that is fun and never dull.

I really hope this game never goes F2P.

Please people, be upset at the letter, not the game. At least it isn't WOW. (sends shivers down my spine).

Kah
    Dendrome was going to be live at SL release . Now its a content update for 2.2 or 2.3? **** Trion..

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkax View Post
    Dendrome was going to be live at SL release . Now its a content update for 2.2 or 2.3?
    Got some source for this? I remember Simon Ffinch (Dead Simon) first mention the Dendrome in a "Let's Play Rift" video a few weeks before SL was released describing about how they had a big World Event planned leading up to the opening of the Dendrome where the whole server would be involved and was hoping to have this come in 2.2

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Got some source for this? I remember Simon Ffinch (Dead Simon) first mention the Dendrome in a "Let's Play Rift" video a few weeks before SL was released describing about how they had a big World Event planned leading up to the opening of the Dendrome where the whole server would be involved and was hoping to have this come in 2.2
    whats wrong with you? facts, figures, arguments? thats nothing for this forum!

Shadowlander

]Got some source for this? my 15$ a month.. well they did...

Default 2 years already!!!!!!!

I am so excited for the new updates, bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am sure that it will be fantastic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Greetings, Ascended!

It’s been a long road since an intrepid band of developers introduced the world to RIFT in 2010 by opening the original Alpha shard. Being able to share the game with external testers for the first time was a transformative experience. RIFT was no longer just a product, RIFT became a service, a living breathing game world. That idea was central to the team early on, but it really came to fruition the moment we threw the switch and let people in.

How can we make the game better for our players? This is the same question we've continued to ask ourselves and the community since that first day of Alpha. Every week of pre-release we added new content, new features, updated balance and pressed onward. That same spirit guides the RIFT team today. We strive to provide meaningful game updates and push the game forward just like we've done since that fateful day in August of 2010. We push to provide hotfixes every week that address issues brought to our attention.

As Rift approaches its second anniversary this March it could be all too easy rest on our laurels and focus on the past – but that’s not what the RIFT team is about. We’re about looking forward and finding ways to improve upon what we have built. The team is busy actively working on our next two major game updates, 2.2 and 2.3 – and the game updates beyond those are starting to solidify more with each day.

With 2.2 the Carnival of the Ascended – a celebration of the first appearance of the Ascended - will return to Telara. Along with it, new carnival games as well as some old favorites will be available, a slew of new Zone Events will appear in the Storm Legion zones, the Planar Attunement system will expand to tier 3, and we hope to add our first activated Hard Mode encounters to Endless Eclipse and Frozen Tempest. Of course, you can also expect more bug fixes, and updates to classes as we always provide. There are also some updates to PvP that have been sneaking out to the live servers before 2.2 hits.

What secrets are hidden behind the walls surrounding the Dendrome? As we approach game update 2.3 we’ll start to peel back the layers of mystery – but that is a story for another day, Ascended.

We look forward to sharing those secrets, and the continuing saga of RIFT as we boldly step into 2013.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Lead Game Designer: RIFT

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/RIFT_Zone:The_Dendrome

Originally scheduled for for the Storm Legion (Rift 2.0) expansion launch, The Dendrome was sealed off with a barrier fence just before the third Open BETA weekend. Now tentatively scheduled for the 2.1 patch.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Misun coming thru like always!!!
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkax View Post
    Dendrome was going to be live at SL release . Now its a content update for 2.2 or 2.3? **** Trion..
    Hey, All!

For the upcoming [INSERT LARGE CONTENT RELEASE] we have [INSERT LARGE NUMBER] new things for you!

[INSERT DELIVERY OF [INSERT LARGE NUMBER - 5%] NEW ITEMS] get delivered and [INSERT 0.05 * [INSERT LARGE NUMBER] NEW ITEMS] to come in future [INSERT SMALLER, FREE CONTENT RELEASE].

Hey @#^@ u trion man u suk lol baddiez I @#%ing quit.

Makes perfect sense. If you plan to quit, mail your stuff to Synovia@Shatterbone. Thanks.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelystra View Post
    This is an overwhelmingly pve game and always has been, thank Heavens.
    Here here!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast