+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: North American Server Structure Update

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default North American Server Structure Update

Hail Ascended,

The servers of Storm Legion have arrived early! Since the beginning of the year we’ve been making constant advancements in our server technology as we worked to bring all of the shards closer together. Starting with European servers in July, we began our plans to have everyone in each region play on a single wargroup. Now we’re able to start the next leap forward – further focusing on removing the barriers between shards.

The advancements we’ve made this year have effectively doubled the capacity of the individual servers allowing more of you to play together than ever before while reducing the total number of shards we need to support RIFT’s active population.

What this means for you – we can now support all of our North American players on a single wargroup, further reducing queue times for dungeons and PvP while bringing the community even closer together.

This change is currently scheduled to occur this Wednesday, October 24. Here’s what the new mega-wargroup for North America will look like:
    • Deepwood
    • Faeblight (RP)
    • Greybriar
    • Laethys (Oceanic)
    • Seastone (PvP)
    • Shatterbone
    • Threesprings
    • Wolfsbane

Briarcliff, Byriel, Deepstrike, Gnarlwood, Greenscale, Keenblade, Millrush, and Silkweb will be converted to trial-only shards – everyone currently on these shards will be able to take advantage of the Free Character Transfers to find yourself a new home or meet up with guild mates. You can find full instructions on how to transfer your characters & guilds here: Trion Support Center - Character Transfers

Sub-forums for the new trial shards will be archived for your reference.

With this massive increase in server capacity it will be easier than ever to enjoy RIFT to the fullest. We’ll be ready for anything as you and your friends storm our shores with the release of our first expansion – we can’t wait!

Thanks for the update, Elrar. I've been looking forward to this since I heard wind of it happening in Europe. I just hope we don't suffer like Icewatch.

I am looking forward to the LFG tool being faster, and having even more people to join warfronts with.

Keep up the great work!

Mmm, I definitely like this. Thank you

in-b4 naysayers claim "RIFT IS DYING"

Thanks so much! glad to see this. My game performance on SL is so much better than it is on live (graphics-and number of peeps affecting lag as well) and am very much looking forward to it. Thanks!
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Rift Master

Awesome changes, looking forward to this!

Soulwalker

Thanks for the amazing amount of notice guys....a little time to figure this out may have nice....i guess we will put all available names on a wheel and give it a spin to see where we land. So much for sticking with the server we are on and making it work.

Sincerely Disappointed

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Well this is going to be interesting...

Ascendant

Server capacity got doubled, so you're cutting the amount of servers in half so the population is more concentrated for that MMO feel? Maybe Threesprings won't be a wasteland then.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Well this is going to be interesting...
    I'm expecting the most ultimate amazing server lag of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I'm expecting the most ultimate amazing server lag of the century.
    Yeah....that's gonna suck. I was looking forward to leveling on a dead server.

"You can find full instructions on how to transfer your characters & guilds here: Trion Support Center - Character Transfers"

Character Transfers but nothing for how to trans a guild on that page and I cannot find it in search, which seems to be only about Character Transfers. Anyone have the correct page link for guild transfering please?

The real question: Is this due to a heavy decrease in population, or did they actually upgrade their servers that much?

Hurray for super short notice!
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    Hurray for super short notice!
    super short notice would be, we are doing this in 2 minutes. A 2 day notice is not short by MMO times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast