I read in other threads from people on PTS that the equipement you get while mentored down is not L50 gear, it is the same as it was when you went through those areas / dungeons at the apropriate levels ...
So why bother mentoring down to L20 to help a mate/group through Iron Tombs and taking 25+ mins to do it, when you can simply run them through as a L50 in 10min (or less) ?
Now the thing that I still don't understand is this comment ...
1. It was clearly stated Mentoring is MAX 5 levels below your actual level (Solo without a Group) ..Absolutely - no grouping is required at all. In fact, you can level up soloing in Freemarch from 10-50 if you really, really wanted to!
2. Freemarch has around L20 mobs ..
3. So when your SOLO at say L30, you can mentor down to 25 at which point L20 mobs mostly grey out and give almost no XP..
4. Where in Freemarch are you going to go to find mobs high enough level to get XP to L50 ?
Anyway, back to the main point ...
Why mentor down to L10 / L20 / L30 if you get nothing worth while from the kills / dungeon loot etc ?
I am happy to run my mates through an instance with a L50 in 10-15min and get nothing from it and then get back to the L50 stuff ..
I will not mentor down to L20 and take 30min+ to do a dungeon for nothing to benifit my L50 skills.
When you Mentor ...
1. XP is reduced as well (comparable but less) .. But you still need that 500k XP to get a Planar Level up ..
2. Loot is same as it would be if you were there at the correct level, so its useless to a L50 ..
3. $$ you get from mobs is worthless compaired to L50 mobs ..
4. Good for harvesting crafting mats ?? ... Seriously why ?? ... Buy it from the AH with all the $$ you make from L50+ mobs ..
Maybe I am missing something here, so please help me understand how this is going to work ..
But from what I see there is nothing about the Mentoring system, that can't be done better / faster / more rewarding than doing it at L50 ..