+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A Storm is Coming - Announcing RIFT: Storm Legion, Our First Expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Do people who farm 1500+ ISSs love every minute of it? I don't... but when that's what's required of someone who needs separate sigils for healing and DPS as well as resist sigils for raiding... you do what you have to do to help your team out. A meaningless 10 level increase without skill points serves only to reset the grind for progression folks and offers absolutely no benefit whatsoever other than to completely trivialize all the previous content.
    Honestly, they have to do a level increase. If they release more tiers without a level increase, it will just be silly, fresh 50s will be one shot by geared 50s and the gear grind will be massive. Because of the gear disparity between fresh 50s and raid geared 50s, ID gear was barely an increase. Think about it! It has to be done, there is no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

The Question is, so I lvl up my rogue, or stick with my Mage hmmm...
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Mind. ****ing. Blown.

OMG.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take my money

Yeah for expansion...
    Bah for it being a paid one, I seem to recall having seen several different instances where they said they were only planning on doing free content updates, but I guess plans change. Hopefully it will only be like 30 bucks or so for the normal version.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    Honestly, they have to do a level increase. If they release more tiers without a level increase, it will just be silly, fresh 50s will be one shot by geared 50s and the gear grind will be massive. Because of the gear disparity between fresh 50s and raid geared 50s, ID gear was barely an increase. Think about it! It has to be done, there is no choice.
    I could care less about gear. I'm talking about the sigil grinds. I want to play this game...not sit around for hours on end grinding currencies. I most certainly will not pay for an expansion that is going to make me redo a grind that took me about 5 months to complete. Not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    this is what i keep trying to say

people, imagine, 4 years from now, tier 12, youve made a warrior for the first time.. do you really want to still be killing greenscale at level 50 to get tier 1 raid gear, to move onto HK, to move onto ID? in 4 years?

to keep going and progress, there has to be a cap increase, as Muffinmans said, there is no other choice

EDIT: Laeris, you will have to rebuild your sigils expansion or not, do you think that they will keep the same stats forever? no, eventually your sigil will be useless and have terrible stats, whether or not we have an expansion, there will come a time when you need to rebuild your sigil
    Last edited by xanduin246; 05-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Telaran

When can we pre-order, and when will we know the price of the collector's edition? Thank you so much Trion. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for in an expansion!
    Slatesplit

<Invidious>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Like I said in another post, it is for this reason that I refuse to support this. It is ill thought out and presents a method to hard-reset all L50s to junk status in order to reset the gear and force us all into another long arrangement of tedium in order to rebuild our numerous sigils/source engines, faction settings, and other cursory activities just to get back to where we were 1 day before the expansion.

Sure, it helps those who can't help themselves by allowing people with dropped green lessers from Rifts to be able to go back and retroactively do things like HK... but those of us who already did the work... we get penalized and now have to spend countless more hours farming up god knows what kind of currency to rebuild all of our sigils and source engines again for no reason. This is is just plain insulting.
    As much as I like the new stuff, I agree with this. A level increase is a huge mistake, it's no more then a gear reset. Probably will be a new tier of sourcestones as well, all the work they put in Ember Isle will be pointless, it will just be a stepping stone to the new zones. Maybe they do a different approach, but any MMO I played, a level increase was just plain pointless. There are other options without making all previous content and gear pointless :/

I hope they will do it right though.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    i hope they offer a collectors edition, id buy it.. get me a cool mount, maybe a 1 headed turtle
    The concept art does include what appears to be an earth elemental namjok mount...

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    this is what i keep trying to say

people, imagine, 4 years from now, tier 12, youve made a warrior for the first time.. do you really want to still be killing greenscale at level 50 to get tier 1 raid gear, to move onto HK, to move onto ID? in 4 years?

to keep going and progress, there has to be a cap increase, as Muffinmans said, there is no other choice
    Why not? Do you only plan on playing for 30 days or something?

Awesome. Only thing I didn't like was the 10 level jump. I don't mind leveling but it kills all the current experts and raids. and does reduce a bit of playable content. Is there some sort of plan to address that or is that content just going to be outdated?

This Fall?
    Make it end of Oct for my bday plox.

Also, this needs a CE with a turtle. But maybe in the form of the new mage-tank-turtle-shapeshifting-soul...

Just saying.

And for rogue ... make bard funnier!

Ascendant

/soexcitedthatIwanttodonakedcartwheelsandscreamlike achildopeningthemostawesomechristmasgiftintheworld

EDIT: you know what, nevermind, im not bothering with naysayers anymore, they can have their own opinion, mine is different, and neither of us are going to change the others mind
    Last edited by xanduin246; 05-31-2012 at 11:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast