Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New PvP Feature Hitting PTS Next Week - We Want You, Ascended!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Default New PvP Feature Hitting PTS Next Week - We Want You, Ascended!

It's time to rally, denizens of Telara! Whet your steel and ready your arrows. Light the fires, sound the drums, and cry havoc. Let slip the dogs of war!

An exciting new PvP feature will be hitting PTS next week, and we will need warm bodies. LOTS of warm bodies. And of course, cold bodies that lay twisted and contorted, gripping their weapons in one last attempt to redeem their very... sorry I digress.

We need you, and we need lots of you. Go big or go home. Your rallying cries should part the skies and sunder the very earth beneath the enemy's feet. Under the might of your legions the world shall tremble!

And in return?

The obliteration of your foes as you battle for control and honor, resulting in glory in its ultimate form. #Winning!

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, this sounds exciting, but is that all? No, there is yet more exciting news. YOU, the battle hardened, shall a title choose.

All of you will be able to post your suggestions for a new title that will be awarded for testing this new PvP feature! The devs will then choose the sickest one of them all.

Gnaw your bacon, grip that mouse, chug your MEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!, and stay glued to the screen for more information forthcoming. Because it is coming...

Onward Ascended!

Character Copy to PTS!

You can now copy your character to the Public Test Shard! Simply click the Transfer button when you’re at Character select on the Live client and select “Copy to PTS” – it’s as easy as that! (though there may be a few bugs/limitations we’re working out). We will no longer be offering Gear/Leveling vendors with the introduction of this feature (except when testing requires it.)

You will need to download the PTS client if you have not done so already, this is approximately the same size as installing the full game and may take some time. For more information about PTS and how to access it please see:

Welcome to the Public Test Shard! – Getting Started

We look forward to seeing you there – have fun!
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-11-2012 at 02:10 PM.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

/faint

Give me a moment to recover from my excitment!
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

finallyyyyy !!
    Trion

Oh my... Cant wait to see what this is all about!!! Im extremely excited!
    Borat approves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

yeah! Cant wait to see what is it!
    Im so excited

Ascendant

I hope everyone goes into this with an open mind whatever it is, not expecting it to be GW2. Rift is its own game.

That being said, I hope you plan on giving us some details before so we understand how it works and what we need to do. Maybe do a Livestream event explaining how the feature functions.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

want new open world pvp area!
    come on trion plz give us some more infos, i cant sleep now
    And i think whatever trion is making it will be awesome!!
    Last edited by simpa1988; 05-11-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Step 1: Overhype PvP content.
    Step 2: Disappoint everyone.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit?
    Noco@Wolfsbane

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    That being said, I hope you plan on giving us some details before so we understand how it works and what we need to do. Maybe do a Livestream event explaining how the feature functions.
    Details and then some will start arriving next week!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Step 1: Overhype PvP content.
    Step 2: Disappoint everyone.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit?
    Step 3: Prove Swag wrong
    Step 4: LOL?

Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Might I suggest that you make PVP gear available to testers the same way mr raid provides you with a box full of raid gear for testing

if there already is one I have never found it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Might I suggest that you make PVP gear available to testers the same way mr raid provides you with a box full of raid gear for testing

if there already is one I have never found it.
    There used to be, but I agree. Having people with varying and widely varying levels of PVP gear is gonna skew opinions wildly. Put everyone on a even playing field gear wise and you will be able to see balance issue more clearly.

Rift Chaser

Yay something!

Rift Disciple

This sounds great but next week is bad for me (especially the 15th). Any chance of moving this up to tonight or tomorrow instead?

Can't on Monday, due to GW2 stress test :P

Um...but otherwise? Maybe!!

More looking forward to 1.9 info overall, as I predict an info and PR dump next week, as we head into another world event by the end of the month (aka death of Maelforge leads into ...?), and 1.9 for June.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast