+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Developer Q&A We tackle Arenas, Cloaks, and more!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Developer Q&A We tackle Arenas, Cloaks, and more!

Hail Ascended!

Today we have a brand new Developer Q&A for you get a closer look at the development of RIFT and find answers to common questions & suggestions! While this list will never be exhaustive, and we realize you might have many questions of your own, we aim to cover as many different areas of the game as we can.

Whether on the forums, facebook, twitter, fansites, or in game thanks for all of your feedback and encourage you to continue to share, thanks!

Read the Rest @ the Blog

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hail Ascended!

Today we have a brand new Developer Q&A for you – get a closer look at the development of RIFT and find answers to common questions & suggestions! While this list will never be exhaustive, and we realize you might have many questions of your own, we aim to cover as many different areas of the game as we can.

Whether on the forums, facebook, twitter, fansites, or in game – thanks for all of your feedback and encourage you to continue to share, thanks!

Read the Rest @ the Blog
    And there you have it arena folks...

Although I always fancy a "we've got alot under development, but can't talk about it right now"
    Last edited by Pyrial; 03-29-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Soulwalker

Extremely disappointing that there will be no arenas (for now, at least). Even Aion has implemented a fun Arena system that doesn't break the game. We can have arenas and not have overpowered PvP gear. It could just be an alternative to warfronting, much like there's world PvP.

Ascendant

the answer is quite contradictary they say they want large scale combat, still they dont let guild queue with 10man or more for warfronts, on the other hand they dont allow 5vs5, this is quite weird imho ...

i dont see ANY negative aspekt on 5vs5 warfronts/guild fights. Not considering this seems dumb imho.

This appears to be randomly thrown together in about 10 minutes and not very thought out. I would suggest more questions and answers when you put something out like this. From a consumers prospective I see a lack of care in this Q&A that reflect something other then what you as a company say you stand for. 30 Q&A's would be a good number to start at. I know you can come up with that many questions floating around the forums. I just feel like Friday is rolling around in this post and whoever wrote it did not care to do their best with it.

On another note...the Q&A's that were addressed give some very good insight to what is going on and answers a few questions that have been floating around. The questions that I have are:

1) Will you be looking to make Mercenaries a choice when que'ing for BG's?

2) Will we be adding in more roles in the future 1.8 patch?
    I ask this because given the roles diversity that is required for some classes for HK...if you have that many requirements in ID then we will be in that place again. So I guess what I am asking is will you be planning ahead or will you be chasing your tail? Obviously this has been done in the past and so this should not be hard to do once you see what ID requires.

3) What is with the itemization of gear for the new crafted items and or the itemization of relics?
    This mainly pertains to high wisdom cleric items that are Best in slot for mages. We have 2 classes fighting over the same gear and we should not be having to do this.

4) In reference to question 3...Will Mages receive .75sp from Int and .25 from Wisdom to change the itemization problems we are having? Same goes for Rogues and Warriors.

Hope to see more Q&A's in the future ...possibly more often?
    Last edited by Hijati; 03-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Last edited by Zyzyx; 03-29-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

What about the absurd disparity in boob sizes between bahmi women and eth ladies? This is getting ridiculous!

Ascendant

the questions are from the german comunity, its the seconds part of the q&a, and the questions are about 3 months old (yes it took trion this long to answer 20 questions ^^).

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Hijati,

These specific questions actually came directly from our French and German communities, we make sure different sources get responded to as we can.

There are some topics we're not ready to comment on - simply because it'd be disingenuous to set expectations that we might be very likely to change our minds on.

That said - I know there are some more recent topics that have started popping up more frequently too, we'll be trying to get these Q/A's out more often so some issues that are best addressed this way don't languish longer than we'd like them to.

As always thanks for the feedback - we're always looking to regularly improve our features

Cheers,

It was promising that they stated that housing is their #1 request. As it is mine as well.

Bring on the sandbox stuff!

Ascendant

yay for no arenas!

Elrar,

*Disclaimer* First of all please do not take any offense to this post as I do not know how it will come across to you when you read it.

Would you not rather throw out a list of possibilities and see what items receive the most feedback? Being disingenuous about things only makes your community feel like they are cut off rather then receiving feedback and actually being listened to.

Disingenuous- Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

If these items were being addressed from another player base why not throw in questions from this player base as well since you just posted it to us. Addressing both topics would have been a very productive measure on your part as a moderator. I know all to well what you mean though when you say you will be answering things as time permits. This is understandable...I only suggest posting something that appears to take more time into it. You could make a post like this one every week and never run out of questions from the communities.

As I said though, you represent a company that really speaks to its people and the Q&A's were very informational if you dig through them. I personally as a consumer would like to hear more feedback...even if it is a "No...never" or a "Not at this time" or a "Maybe someday". Feedback keeps people happy.

Might I suggest a 2 week or Monthly Q&A? Something that is set in stone?

Thank you for posting the questions that were there though. It was very much appreciated.

V/r
    Hijati
    Last edited by Hijati; 03-29-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    yay for no arenas!
    Yay for ZERO new PvP content since Sep 2011 (Library WF in 1.5).
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

I find this laughable, here everyone says that there's not enough as far as "whats going on" from the devs and they make an Q and A. Now we have people here saying its not enough, want more answers, not the answer they wanted etc...

And we even got people cluttering this with boob sizes and rogue questions... seriously rogue questions? Isn't that something for the ROGUE forums?? I'm not a fan boy, just a subscriber, cut them some slack, don't scare away the devs with this display of mass foolery.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Well, that was a good read.

Tune in 6 months time for another thrilling episode.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast