+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree855Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valor Updates and Vengeance Arrive Tomorrow, 9/1

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Valor Updates and Vengeance Arrive Tomorrow, 9/1

Please read the following thoroughly, afterwards we invite you to share your feedback and questions below - thanks in advance for staying constructive!

Hi all,

As we outlined yesterday, we’re making some changes to Valor and adding a new PvP Stat called “Vengeance”.

After reviewing the feedback and data we received from our test this afternoon we will be moving forward with releasing these changes tomorrow, 9/1, for evaluation in front of the full live audience. You can be sure we’re going to be keeping a very close eye on how they play and want to go a little deeper into our methods below.

As many of you have expressed through today’s testing, these changes do create a better PvP experience for everyone. Specifically:
    • PvP Healing did not become a huge issue as many had feared, with more people having more valor.
    • The non-armor-set valor pieces PvPers can stack on top of their PvP armor sets continue to provide good defensive value
    • High rank PvP items remain a great upgrade for PvP, still do provide useful advantages in PvE, and are just no longer the best items available for raiding.
    • Vengeance is proving to be a good and useful way to give added offensive power in PvP
    We want to illustrate where we plan to go from here. As always we work to iterate and make the right decisions without being afraid to try new things. With this in mind, our strategy for PvP has been the following:
    1. Get Valor and Rank 8 gear in line to provide a better overall experience for everyone in PvP. (This is where we are with these changes)
    2. Bring rogues to a place to where they have a competitive PvP DPS role that does not revolve around slipping away, as a part of a larger rogue effectiveness review coming in 1.5.
    3. Then evaluate how PvP healing is in this new world, a world where rogue DPS is competitive with warriors, clerics, and mages in PvP.
    During this process we’re also keeping a close eye on PvE item effectiveness in PvP, each step of the way, we just want to make sure we’re not turning too many knobs at once.

While we’re talking about itemization, we’re happy to confirm that Pre-Hammerknell PvE Synergy Crystals should make their debut in Update 1.5 – more details to come as we get closer to that update.

Thanks for sharing your feedback over the past 24 hours and even before we announced these changes. Always know your opinions and feedback are a part of our development process and the direction we ultimately choose.

These changes to PvP are not set in stone – as we’ve demonstrated in the past, we feel it’s important to explore new opportunities with a measured approach and that’s exactly what we’re doing today. We’re always open to your feedback and ask you continue to share your thoughts on these changes, especially after you have the opportunity to experience them yourself.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Elrar; 08-31-2011 at 06:22 PM.

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous. You are ruining your game by giving into the crybabies. I want to play what was promised when I bought this game.

Regarding Slip Away, since it's so near and dear to my heart, our specs will need a massive damage boost to compensate, which mean more QQ, which means another ****ty hotfix because ya'll didn't think things through.

There are other ways to fix things than to just swing the nerf bat blindly.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Telaran

So, what about those of us on a pvp server where you have to do pve content in the world in pvp gear or be killed? The nerf of pvp in pve now makes it easier for this to happen, because now we have to either spend more time killing the mob/s, or wear pve gear.

Rift Disciple

Ok , the impact this changes have for heals in mix rank wf , will see i don`t think its gonna be a problem... but i am very curious to see high rank wf with people with r6 and above , the impact on that will be interesting to see...

tho i have to say mix rank wf will be longer and boring ...
    Last edited by rFrozen; 08-31-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Wait, so the PvE gear is getting synergy crystals in 1.5 but you're going to nerf the PvP synergy crystals anyway?

Cripes.

Please avaluate the 44.5 DPS weapons that drop off trash mobs in HK. It's a little overboard for PvP.
    Last edited by Qaedyan; 08-31-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Champion

So you're nerfing pvp gear in pve because you were to lazy to put their equivalents in the game a month ago? No one cares about the valor, we all agree that something had to be there.

We don't like vengeance. It's quite possibly the stupidest decision I've ever seen a company make.

Are the PvE crystals going to be nerfed in PvP or are they going to be dumbed down versions from the start?
    Nerf relic weapons in pvp please.

Very sad to hear. You say the feedback has been reviewed? I really don't believe you, this was going to happen no matter what and you knew it. A few hours of PTS testing and you go live is mad.

Telaran

Absolutely Pathetic. Watch the subs dwindle now. We'll be finding better ways to waste our time until better games are out.

You guys did a nice job tanking another MMO in under a year.

way to not listen to anyone...way to care about the community..way to BS your way to another fail fix..regardless..sorry trion, but u dont listen..if you guys are to blind to see what so many wrote then i've no longer the confidence in giving you my money..my sub will not be renewed

Ascendant

Very good changes, thanks Trion for listening to the players, not the forum crybabies.

Telaran

Default Changes are great and everyone knows it.

These are fundmentally awesome changes and if the game was released with these in place you would all be raving how good the RIFT pvp is. Quit *****ing and go play. So it took them a long time to start getting it right, big deal.
    thanks

Champion

28 days played to get my character to where it's at. That's nearly 700 hours to get to level 50 and rank 8 in pvp. I list the hours because we all know you're not good at figuring things out on your own Trion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    1. Get Valor and Rank 8 gear in line to provide a better overall experience for everyone in PvP. (This is where we are with these changes)
    2. Bring rogues to a place to where they have a competitive PvP DPS role that does not revolve around slipping away, as a part of a larger rogue effectiveness review coming in 1.5.
    3. Then evaluate how PvP healing is in this new world, a world where rogue DPS is competitive with warriors, clerics, and mages in PvP.
    I am genuinely really impressed. I wasn't expecting all of the key points to be nailed so precisely.

Trion, you really have what it takes to take this game a long, long way. People fear change. You embrace it. Yours is the bolder approach, and the one I feel has the best chance of creating truly an incredible gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yippee View Post
    These are fundmentally awesome changes and if the game was released with these in place you would all be raving how good the RIFT pvp is. Quit *****ing and go play. So it took them a long time to start getting it right, big deal.
    yes it took them a long time, but its ****ed up after people have devoted countless hours to it.. like i've been saying...if this was released at launch or when r7/r8 came out..I would have no problem..but my time has been wasted and nobody likes wasted time..how foolish our you really?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Cinis Cineris View Post
    Says the person crying.
    Crying and making a legitimate point are two completely different things. Say something constructive or go be bad elsewhere.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast