+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree855Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Valor Updates and Vengeance Arrive Tomorrow, 9/1

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    uhm you do know that vengeance will be THE STAT for pimping pvp weapons in future? (and should have been in the game right from the start)
    Uhm do you know that Vengeance has nothing to do with weapon DPS? It's another version of AP/SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Please read the following thoroughly, afterwards we invite you to share your feedback and questions below - thanks in advance for staying constructive!

Hi all,

As we outlined yesterday, we’re making some changes to Valor and adding a new PvP Stat called “Vengeance”.

After reviewing the feedback and data we received from our test this afternoon we will be moving forward with releasing these changes tomorrow, 9/1, for evaluation in front of the full live audience. You can be sure we’re going to be keeping a very close eye on how they play and want to go a little deeper into our methods below.

As many of you have expressed through today’s testing, these changes do create a better PvP experience for everyone. Specifically:
    • PvP Healing did not become a huge issue as many had feared, with more people having more valor.
    • The non-armor-set valor pieces PvPers can stack on top of their PvP armor sets continue to provide good defensive value
    • High rank PvP items remain a great upgrade for PvP, still do provide useful advantages in PvE, and are just no longer the best items available for raiding.
    • Vengeance is proving to be a good and useful way to give added offensive power in PvP
    We want to illustrate where we plan to go from here. As always we work to iterate and make the right decisions without being afraid to try new things. With this in mind, our strategy for PvP has been the following:
    1. Get Valor and Rank 8 gear in line to provide a better overall experience for everyone in PvP. (This is where we are with these changes)
    2. Bring rogues to a place to where they have a competitive PvP DPS role that does not revolve around slipping away, as a part of a larger rogue effectiveness review coming in 1.5.
    3. Then evaluate how PvP healing is in this new world, a world where rogue DPS is competitive with warriors, clerics, and mages in PvP.
    During this process we’re also keeping a close eye on PvE item effectiveness in PvP, each step of the way, we just want to make sure we’re not turning too many knobs at once.

While we’re talking about itemization, we’re happy to confirm that Pre-Hammerknell PvE Synergy Crystals should make their debut in Update 1.5 – more details to come as we get closer to that update.

Thanks for sharing your feedback over the past 24 hours and even before we announced these changes. Always know your opinions and feedback are a part of our development process and the direction we ultimately choose.

These changes to PvP are not set in stone – as we’ve demonstrated in the past, we feel it’s important to explore new opportunities with a measured approach and that’s exactly what we’re doing today. We’re always open to your feedback and ask you continue to share your thoughts on these changes, especially after you have the opportunity to experience them yourself.

Thanks!

Thanks for giving the community what it needs, not what it wants... modern MMO gamers need tough love

if any of you naysayers had actually play tested these changes, you would realize that pvping is actually fun now

Shadowlander

Unlike the unwashed masses I will wait until I have chance to play it myself before I rant or rave.

The funny thing is, how people always pretend "i want an even playing field, where skill > gear blabla" and now where the playing field is normalized SLIGHTLY! (really SLIGHTLY!) they enrage like 12 year olds ripped of their lollipop... (oh well prbly. most ARE 12 years old ^^).
    People only say that because thats what they are supposed to say. They don't actually believe it. Every single person crying about this is mad because they feel cheated. Older players got to be god-mode survivability wise. They do not get that chance. Sad really when a "PvPer" needs his gear to be better then his opponents in order to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Thumbs down duh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadous View Post
    So, what about those of us on a pvp server where you have to do pve content in the world in pvp gear or be killed? The nerf of pvp in pve now makes it easier for this to happen, because now we have to either spend more time killing the mob/s, or wear pve gear.
    switch to a pve shard solved, or is that too hard to understand?

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Champion

The funny thing is, how people always pretend "i want an even playing field, where skill > gear blabla" and now where the playing field is normalized SLIGHTLY! (really SLIGHTLY!) they enrage like 12 year olds ripped of their lollipop... (oh well prbly. most ARE 12 years old ^^).
    The issue isn't with the valor there Bright Spot. It's with the stupid BS vengeance mechanic. Way to completely miss the point.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    Uhm do you know that Vengeance has nothing to do with weapon DPS? It's another version of AP/SP.
    hmm you do know that AP/SP is enhancing your overall DPS? Look up the tooltip if you dont understand.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    For now, sure - but how do you objectively assess PvP when you have a massive spectrum of different valors? Who's to say that some of these problems aren't going to simply disappear, especially with Rogues receiving a buff?

While we want to nerf the things that are too strong, what we definitely don't want to do is nerf something that does not require a power reduction, and this is different to determine until we balance some of the other factors.
    i dont really see how buffing rogues will fix a load of broken game mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    Thanks for giving the community what it needs, not what it wants... modern MMO gamers need tough love

if any of you naysayers had actually play tested these changes, you would realize that pvping is actually fun now
    No one was on the PTS. End of. 14 players is not testing.
    When will you realize the majority of people accepted the valour change but not vengeance, how many times do people need to ram this down everyone's thick skulls.

Clearly Trion or the majority of the posters didn't review what was said countless of times with many concerns in the other thread.

There was no need or way to test vengeance, everyone could see it was a stupid idea from the start.
    Last edited by CoreSyntax; 08-31-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    The issue isn't with the valor there Bright Spot. It's with the stupid BS vengeance mechanic. Way to completely miss the point.
    so you lose 100 ap/sp IN PVE and this is the end of the world for you? all i can say is LOL. I really dont think so many people are so ******ed, so IMHO most of them just rant for the ranting obviously ...

Prophet of Telara

hmm you do know that AP/SP is enhancing your overall DPS? Look up the tooltip if you dont understand.
    Ok, so you don't understand how melee DPS works.

uhm you do know that vengeance will be THE STAT for pimping pvp weapons in future? (and should have been in the game right from the start)
    Yes, I'm sure twelve years from now that may be the case...

Pray tell, by that time...who will be here then?

Conjuring imaginary future enhancements really is worthless- not to downgrade your comment...but Anarchy Online was revamping it's engine like a decade ago with zero results.

Results, not dreams...give me results.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cemp View Post
    The PVP synergy crystal nerf was fine, I just hope the PVE one not to be so OP for PVP, and i dont know how they are going to handle that.
    Well, if they're wearing enough HK gear to trigger the crystal, they're not wearing PvP gear which means they will have less Valor and stuff

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CoreSyntax View Post
    No one was on the PTS. End of. 14 players is not testing.
    When will you realize the majority of people accepted the valour change but not vengeance, how many times do people need to ram this down everyone's thick skulls.

Clearly Trion or the majority of the posters didn't review what was said countless of times with many concerns in the other thread.

There was no need or way to test vengeance, everyone could see it was a ******ed idea from the start.
    so you joined a few weeks ago with 42 posting and can speak for the WHOLE COMUNITY, for EVERYONE? wow!!

Basically I see a few problems with this implimentation:

1.) PvPers now MUST PVE Raid to be competitive
    2.) PVEer are no longer required to PvP to get BiS (meaning longer queue times for WFs again. Everyone loves waiting 12+ minutes in a queue for a 10 minute match)
    3.) Those raiders that were using PVP gear in their Raiding set now will have to start collecting their T2/T3 gear. They also will have to replace all the gear they deleted in the past couple weeks (have fun).
    4.) Rogues will be even more worthless in PvP for the next 4 weeks until 1.5 is released. Unless you run bard or runner build.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast