Closed Thread
Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Gear Improvements – Now with a touch of Vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    That's probably one of them. There are a few, Ixcal came to mind, but I think he transfered recently. There was one particular occasion I remember, where me and 3 guildies, all R6+, 2 wars a rogue and a mage chased him from Whitefall to almost Exiles Den and couldn't kill him. Then he got reinforced and they killed us.
    you realize Ixcal is in my guild right?

I actually remembered that fight, Cause he talked about how these bad DPS weren't applying Healing Debuffs to him.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

LoL TRION.... welcome to the world of wrong decisions... you are making Funcom jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kardel View Post
    that was exactly what i was thinking. R6+ clerics are hard to kill as it is... adding R1 Clerics with the same Dmg reduction to the mix, with almost the same healing capability, is just plain wrong.

but lets see how it works out.
    A Rank 1 Cleric has no where near the same healing capability of a Rank 6 Cleric... I mean seriously.. do any of you actually know how Heals work int his game..

Rift Chaser

I don't think I'm a fan of either idea tbh.

Rift Disciple

Default mark of ascension synergy crystal please

about the synergy crystal, its kinda odd that full rank 6 plus synergy crystal is better than raid gear, it seems if you went back to transplanar merchants and low level pvp ranks to add synergy crystals, there should be some for t2/mark of acesion gear, just my thought ty. i dont like that i have to use pvp gear in pve because the synergy crystal gives me better stats

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    They say Vengeance is a dish best served cold – but we felt that improving your experience in PvP was worthy of a Hot Fix. So with the next patch we are improving the way Valor is used and introducing a new PvP stat called “Vengeance."

Before we get into “What is Vengeance?” and the Valor changes involved, it’s easiest to understand after explaining why we are making changes to PvP Gear.

Ensuring PvP Gear is the Best Gear for PvP

Through your feedback and watching the introduction of the new Prestige Ranks closely - it became clear that there was some concern about PvP Gear’s effectiveness outside of PvP when combined with the new Synergy Crystals. Just as the gear you may have obtained from Expert Dungeons or Raiding allows you to prepare for the next level of content in PvE so too should PvP Gear make you more effective in PvP.

We’re absolutely fine when the two overlap – and think it’s a great way to encourage you to participate in all types of content without feeling too much at a disadvantage due to spending your time playing one part of the game over the other.

Our concern is when one becomes the best-in-slot for the other. We have worked to address these concerns now and for the future.

These changes also work in tandem with another goal – ensuring players entering PvP have an enjoyable experience while still rewarding those who have earned the highest ranks.

While we have heard and understand your suggestions to simply “split up the warfront queues into separate tiers based on rank” – in the end this suggestion would actually make the experience worse for everyone and would not scale nicely over time.

Instead, we’re front-loading more Valor via the changes below and in time will also introduce Valor augments, allowing crafters to make their creations PvP gear and making Valor considerably more available.

Changes to Valor

With this Hot Fix you will find that all 4 PvP sets will share the same amount of total valor. This means that the set earned in Ranks 1 & 2 has the same amount of valor as provided by the set earned over Ranks 7 & 8. How much? It works out to 751 Valor, or a 30.04% Damage Reduction. Instead of being differentiated by survivability, they will be differentiated by their main stats.

In addition – we’re making some changes to the Revered trinkets earned from the Eldritch Seekers (Defiant) and The Unspoken (Guardian) PvP Merchants. You can expect their power to be brought in line with Raid Rift loot while their offensive bonus granted on use has been split with 50% being converted to Vengeance. They’ll still have a PvE use, but remain primarily PvP loot.

What is Vengeance?

Vengeance is a new PvP stat that provides an Attack Power or Spell Power bonus to abilities used while engaged in PvP. Basically, 1 point of Vengeance = 1 point of Attack/Spell Power vs. players.

We’re introducing Vengeance initially through the above mentioned changes to the PvP Faction trinkets in addition to changing Attack Power or Spell Power bonuses provided by the 4 piece set bonus granted through the PvP Synergy Crystals. Essentially, half of the bonus will be converted into Vengeance – for example: If the synergy bonus granted 150 Attack Power it will now grant 75 Attack Power and 75 Vengeance.

We want to see how this new stat works without making broad changes and your feedback is an important part of the process!

PTS Test Tomorrow – 08/31 @ 2:00PM PDT

We want to ensure we’re on the right path and give you a sneak preview at the new changes on PTS before they go live in the next Hot Fix. Your feedback is always vital and we invite anyone interested in PvP to join us!

And before you ask – we know some of you may have spent the bonus-filled weekend earning PvP gear to use in PvE content. While we hope you enjoyed your experience you may be excited to know the bonuses we have turned on for the Half Birthday will be extended to allow all subscribers to enjoy them for a few days longer, especially those impacted by the storm over the weekend.

We know this might be a bit much to wrap your head around and encourage you to share any questions you might have below – thanks for playing!

just get rid of valor altogether. anyone can get rank 1/2 in a day or two, so having it is pointless. The vengence idea is actually a good one...but slippery slope, as long as there's open world contested rifts, where pvp gear is needed as well as pve, you need to be careful punishing pvp'ers for gearing appropriately.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Wait, you don't think Rank 8 gear gives Massive Survivability over Rank 1 gear without taking Valor into account?
    Oh it definetly does, but not enough considering the rank gap. I just think it's appropriate for a lower rank player having trouble denting a r8 player.

I'm only r5 on my war and r7 on my cleric. I run into people I have trouble denting all the time, yes it can be annoying, but that's part of the fun; and one of the things you look forward to when you finally hit r8. All this is doing is removing another element from pvp and normalizing things.

Trions already made the grind easier anyways, bonus weekends, birthday week, higher quest rewards, etc.

Thumbs down lol

so those of us that werked our buts off to lvl 5 no longer matter ? or the ones that are working on rank 7 oughta just give up?
    leave valor the way it is split the 50s 1-4 & 5-8 plain and simple
    am not opposed to this split if u leave valor alone

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Quote Originally Posted by gfiz View Post
    just get rid of valor altogether. anyone can get rank 1/2 in a day or two, so having it is pointless. The vengence idea is actually a good one...but slippery slope, as long as there's open world contested rifts, where pvp gear is needed as well as pve, you need to be careful punishing pvp'ers for gearing appropriately.
    That would just make PVE gear the best PVP gear in the game..

This is the best Solution they have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    you realize Ixcal is in my guild right?

I actually remembered that fight, Cause he talked about how these bad DPS weren't applying Healing Debuffs to him.
    Nah bro (you seem like the type of person that's familiar with the term bro, yes?), I had lingering wounds on him as much as possible. Obviously with his -15% crit chance passive, and a bad RNG, that wasn't enough. Regardless, it was 4 DPS on him, R6+, not bad DPS either despite what you think.

Just to ask though, how many DPS do you think should counter a single cleric? 1, 2, 3, 4?
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Soulwalker

Okay so your nerfing pvp gear in pve now what's the nerf to relic weapons in pvp has to go both ways

So EVERY Healing Cleric and Chlor/Lock will be unkillable now?

Rift Chaser

lol...

Catering to casuals, awesome.

Rift Chaser

I applaud the intention of these changes, it is well overdue. I don't think the implementation is great however.

Specifically:

1) I feel valour should still have a scaling aspect to it, but the difference between the scaling should be small, eg: 20% reduction at r1, 30% reduction at p8.

2) The only problem with PVP gear besides valour is that PVP synergy crystals give too much SP/AP. I'm not convinced you need to add a whole new PVP-only stat. I think it's actually a good thing to have *some* items from PVP that are BiS (or close to) for PVE and vice versa - the present situation of full p8 gear being BiS for PVE is too much however.

3) while addressing PVP issues I think you should seriously consider giving each form of CC its own DR/immunity timer class (ie: fear/stun/confuse/snare/root/transmog/silence/disarm) - having only "movement" and "control" CC timers is not enough as it makes too many abilities/souls useless and we as players see "immune immune immune" way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by law5097 View Post
    Oh it definetly does, but not enough considering the rank gap. I just think it's appropriate for a lower rank player having trouble denting a r8 player.

I'm only r5 on my war and r7 on my cleric. I run into people I have trouble denting all the time, yes it can be annoying, but that's part of the fun; and one of the things you look forward to when you finally hit r8. All this is doing is removing another element from pvp and normalizing things.

Trions already made the grind easier anyways, bonus weekends, birthday week, higher quest rewards, etc.
    It's not enough considering the rank gap? You you mental?

one sec, I'm going to go compare the End Difference alone on the Rank 1/2 gear vs Rank 8 gear, i'll get back to ya.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast