Closed Thread
Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast
Like Tree661Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Gear Improvements Now with a touch of Vengeance!

Ascendant

you do know you can change gear with one click? Whats up with you people? If you pvp you wear pvp gear if you pve you wear pve gear, why is this concept so difficult to understand?

And to all those "i worked so hard for xx" you WORKED? you played a GAME you ENJOY? Are you all nuts?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Voldor View Post
    is it really?

having your attack power divided in half against mobs, bosses etc... reducing you dps in rifts and pve encounters is "a good idea"? only having your full potential against players is "good"?

Valor change is the same as removing the stat from the game, every one and theyre dog will have max valor why not do the same to Hit / Toughness / Focus ? its the equivalent stat for PvE isn't it?

Basically they dont want PvP players doing PvE, will we also Pay half the monthly fee?! since were only playing half the game its only fair!

this changes will make it easier for PvE players do well in PvP and Impossible for PvP players to PvE.

...awesome!
    your logic is flawed

Oka
    Shadowlander

Default Changes

Will there be an increase in favor/prestige due to the grind with everyone at 30% valor? Surprising how many less kills will be done..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    That would just make PVE gear the best PVP gear in the game..

This is the best Solution they have right now.
    no...just put a little bit more vengeance on the pvp weapons, making their final dps more than than of pve weapons, and you're halfway home.

Why have vengeance at all? I mean if I can get a 125sp synergy crystal from r5/r6 set, why not just add a 125sp synergy crystal for gsb/ros raid sets? PvP'ers AND PvE'ers will be happy then.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Voldor View Post
    is it really?

having your attack power divided in half against mobs, bosses etc... reducing you dps in rifts and pve encounters is "a good idea"? only having your full potential against players is "good"?

Valor change is the same as removing the stat from the game, every one and theyre dog will have max valor why not do the same to Hit / Toughness / Focus ? its the equivalent stat for PvE isn't it?

Basically they dont want PvP players doing PvE, will we also Pay half the monthly fee?! since were only playing half the game its only fair!

this changes will make it easier for PvE players do well in PvP and Impossible for PvP players to PvE.

...awesome!
    No, they don't want pvp gear to be used to complete pve, it's quite simple, why should those who have soloed their way through to rank 8 in pvp be better geared than those who have raided through ROS/GSB/GP/DH and lower levels of HK

Sorry, you might well not be as effective in pve, so get pve gear, don't expect being able to afk/exploit or just solo you way through content should enable you to be better geared than those who spent ages raiding as 20 people (not just clicking enter war front button) to be better geared, you can't have your cake and eat it. You wanted to get to R8 of pvp, so it's shown that pvp is what you want to do more of, so it shouldn't bother you that the best pvp gear is not BIS for pve.

At least those who did cheat there way through to R8 to progress in HK better I am glad this has now bitten you in the arse.
    Last edited by Elgarr; 08-31-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Support View Post
    You do understand that your PvP gear and rank 8 synergy crystals are still useful in PvE right? True the synergy crystal wont be as good as before however it is still good and not useless at all and still beats most gear below HK level. Just replace it with HK gear as you go. The PvP gear just wont be bis anymore but bis =/= useless.
    R7 crystal with 4 piece set bonus.. ap currently 200 on test 75.. yeah thats still good....wtf. you give up quite a bit of stats to wear a full set of matching gear inorder to get the 4 piece bonus. and yeah everyone can just replace it with hk gear.. since hk requires 20 people with the proper gear where as wf's you can solo que.. awsome logic.

Default Trion Feeding the lazy players now?

It seems that Trion wants to keep everyone happy , well that simply doesent work .
    It seems to me that Trion will be making changes to accomodate the lazy whiners who want to run before they can walk , if we dont have a difference in valour, then drop it altogether , what you are basicly doing is disappointing all the pvp lovers who have worked hard for their ranks , who have put effort and time into it , who have just like the others had to withstand getting killed by better ranked players etc.
    Do the Pve players also want nice Crystals , wow , they dont have any Trion? Wow no wonder they are complaining , Trion forgot about them , and now pvp stats have to suffer to accomodate pve whiners.
    We forget that its no use conplaining about pedestrians, once you park your car, your just one of them , suffice to say , pvp gear used in pve, why not, and the stats , why nerf them for pve , i am also a pedestrian , meaning i also play pve , i worked hard for my R8 gear because besides enjoying pvp , i could use my gear in pve, and now its going to get nerfed to have vengeance.

Where has a pvp upgrade that can be a bonus in a pve raid been negative to the raid group??? Pve players jealous , not happy, come on Trion change their nappies and feed them some crystals so they will stop whining!!
    PVP initiates not happy they get ganked by R8 , shame , instead of whining go do some warfronts and rank up, lol , you lazy sods!!!

Crow

With Guild Wars 2 round the corner you really don't want to be pissing of your PvP player base.
    B'cus they going to do it right from the start and wont charge you for it.

I'll leave it there and just say you got till my sub runs out to scrap Vengeance and stop screwing up PvP.

Plane Walker

the changes sound good for PVE servers where you chose the times you want to do PVP and adjust gear acordingly.

but i wonder how this wil work on a PVP server where you basicly want to be in pvp gear al the time in case you are jumped by an enemy player.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingskull View Post
    i think the vengence is a perfect way to make PVP gear not BIS in PVE while keeping it just as powerful. it will also still reward R8 players because of the stat increase from R1/2 to R7/8. they will hit harder and thus kill lower prestige players. the equalizing of valor for all armor sets seems to be a bit of an issue. i am ok with there being a difference in valor but maybe make it like this

R1/2: 20% reduction from set
    R3/4: 22.5% reduction
    R5/6: 25% reduction
    R7/8: 30% reduction

obviously these numbers are not going to be accurate to how much armor we have, but have some sort of change to still feel like there is an upgrade. make it small and not effect the game play to much
    I really think this is a more realistic fix for valor...But at R7/R8 I think you should have a choice to take the 10% reduction or 10% increase in vengance for dps. Risk/reward system without being too over the top.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    R7 crystal with 4 piece set bonus.. ap currently 200 on test 75.. yeah thats still good....wtf. you give up quite a bit of stats to wear a full set of matching gear inorder to get the 4 piece bonus. and yeah everyone can just replace it with hk gear.. since hk requires 20 people with the proper gear where as wf's you can solo que.. awsome logic.
    K lets try and set things straight here what Trion is trying to do.

They are trying to make PvP gear mostly for PvP and PvE gear mostly for PvE. PvP rank 8 gear will STILL BE USEFUL in PvE IT JUST WON'T BE THE BEST.

If you want the best for PvE you should be doing raids for the best gear for PvE. If You want the best gear for PvP you should PvP for the best gear, starting in PvE is helpful but NOT THE BEST.

The only thing this does not apply to is PVE WEAPONS, which will most likely get a fix sooner or later.

So PvE whiners, go away. Nobody cares if you did an endless grind to get rank 8 gear just so you can raid. Because guess what you can still raid with your rank 8 gear because it is still good, its just not THE BEST.

/thread

I wonder why so many PvPers are QQing, is it because you don't know how to play only how to win against people who don't stand a chance against you? Seems to be most the PvPer's mentality.

I don't have a problem with this, evening out the playing field for everyone. Making PvP more skill then gear balance.

No i'm not not lazy, but i'd rather "feed" those who are lazy instead of the stupid ones like.. Ravanspawnn ^
    Last edited by Verez; 08-31-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by CoreSyntax View Post
    With Guild Wars 2 round the corner you really don't want to be pissing of your PvP player base.
    B'cus they going to do it right from the start and wont charge you for it.

I'll leave it there and just say you got till my sub runs out to scrap Vengeance and stop screwing up PvP.
    Rofl have you seen GW2 pvp yet?

Lol, I think thats something Trion isn't worried about to much.

Pissing of those who think it's fine to solo their way through pvp so they can have BIS in pve, without having to step foot in a single raid, rofl.

Yeh awesome logic, thanks for your input and your sub, as it pays for all these changes
    Last edited by Elgarr; 08-31-2011 at 03:20 AM.

I don't like it.

Giving everyone the same damage reduction (providing they have equal amounts of pvp gear equipped) is going to ruin PvP.

May aswell not bother with ranks and just have each level of pvp gear cost more [insert currency here].

Rank 8's have grinded (or exploited but been fixed *wink*) their way up to that rank to get the proper gear. Loads of valor and loads of damage output... now, joe bloggs is going to roll in with rank 1 pvp gear and have the same amount of damage reduction as someone who has done 300 warfronts a day and pvp dailys to get their gear.

I'm no rank 8, but I feel their pain.

I don't want an easy ride through PvP... not having an easy ride is what separates pvp from pve.

You may aswell just add alerts to the UI for what spell/skill your opponent is going to use 10 seconds before they use it - and hey, whilst you're at it, we may aswell have a guide on the internet for how to defeat a certain player.

I like not having as much oomf as another player 5 ranks above. It teaches you survival tactics. I like the fact that one day, I'll be the rank 8 steaming in to a rank 2 and knowing that just 2 spells will demolish them. This is PvP for god sakes. It's a brutal environment - and if you just can't cope with being smashed every time you get in a pvp zone - then don't pvp!

I liked your post Elrar, for one reason only.
    While we have heard and understand your suggestions to simply “split up the warfront queues into separate tiers based on rank” – in the end this suggestion would actually make the experience worse for everyone and would not scale nicely over time.
    I like that you guys actually pay attention - and state you have (unlike those numbskulls over at Blizztard) - and that you've actually put some thought in to an alternative way to satisfy the people who begged for this.

But I have to say...

/notsigned.
    Last edited by Jawsnap; 08-31-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast