+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Half-Birthday Celebration Kicks off August 25th!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT Half-Birthday Celebration Kicks off August 25th!

A week of bonuses, free game time, and awesome prizes … and everyone is invited!

Whether you’re Guardian or Defiant, High Elf or Kelari, a PvE-er or PvP-er, you’re going to find a good reason to celebrate starting August 25th as RIFT™ reaches its half-year milestone. More than a million gamers have activated RIFT in the six months since launch, making it one of the most successful MMORPG releases in history, and from August 25th to September 1st, Trion is rewarding everyone. Subscribers will enjoy a week of substantial in-game bonuses, and new and returning players can play the full game free with no leveling or zone restrictions.

Read more @ the new RIFT Community Blog!
    Last edited by Elrar; 08-17-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Shield of Telara

Happy birthday rift!
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

(breaks out streamers) Congrats to the Trion team on a solid half-year!
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

So since "new and returning players can play the full game free with no leveling or zone restrictions," are the current subs going to have a free week to play also? Like freeze the time remaining for all current accounts for a week?

Also wondering what/if people under the founders pricing will get anything fun. Since it is six months in, those six months subs are closing in soon to resign up

On a more positive note, thank you Rift and Trion for the great six months of live sever and a great impression for a first time MMO player. Also, thank you for all the great people that I have met.

For now, into the future and whatever will come to Telara!

Best of luck to all players!
    (Bswish Mage) (Zairnix Rouge) (Fairen Cleric) S:Laethys
    Pre-SL: Pre-T3 Conq, IF/PF Cleared TDQ: 4/4 FT: 4/4 EE 5/5 HM 1/4 GA 2/4

*squees!*

Oh this is goina be fun! YAY!

Happy Half-Birthday, RIFT!
    You live, you learn.
    You die, you learn faster.

5 dollar cost for the game. This will make it easier to get me friends to join and get that sweet mount. Woot Woot

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Zolt View Post
    5 dollar cost for the game. This will make it easier to get me friends to join and get that sweet mount. Woot Woot
    Make sure you have em sign up through your ascend-a-friend link first! (We can fix it for you in-game, but it saves you the time )

If they sign up for a subscription plan.

So I guess it goes:
    1)Person (your friend) can download and play the full access game during this time. They do NOT get the half-birthday bonuses and items, but they do have full access to the game otherwise. Free.
    2)Any time through this event, your friend can buy the game for 5 dollars, IF they sign up for a plan. Let's say they get the 15 dollar plan, then it is approximately *20* dollars for the game (likely not the collectors).

So this is basically like the summer 50% savings lol, except they have a full access trial during that time. Still good. I'll try to convince my bf to download and play it with me, at least for the week.

The Day before Rifts half birthday (Aug 24th), i will turn 30 and the wife will turn 27! Nice way to be able to celebrate... when we are not celebrating more traditionally!
    Family is Forever

Rift Chaser

The community page mentions increased plaques of achievement and marks of ascension for dungeons and raids. Will there also be increased chance of plaques from Master crafter bags and Crafting Lures? *hint hint*

Happy Birthday Rift!!! has been a great 6 months!

What if it "Happened" too be my birthday that date, do I get quadruple the rewards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Zoltanius? Is that you? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Make sure you have em sign up through your ascend-a-friend link first! (We can fix it for you in-game, but it saves you the time )
    Really? So I got my friend to play rift, but he forgot to sign up through ascend-a-friend. Its been under a month since he's bought a subscription..
    can I still get him as my first ascend-a-friend?
    Last edited by NargalaX; 08-17-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Plane Touched

Wish this started earlier@
    Deus Ex next week, and a few other games too D;.

Would be a great time to level my alts :3

Does anyone know what the bonus XP will be like?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast