+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift Community Events

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Rift Community Events

Introducing RIFT Community Events!

Playing Rift is only part of the fun! We also have a lively, active community outside of the game! Many of you spend time reading the forums and social networks on a regular basis and we are introducing some new features and events to add to the fun! We have some new in game titles and items to distribute and you can only get them from participation in Rift community events. Watch the News & Announcements section and our Facebook & Twitter pages for upcoming contests.

We will be awarding in game titles to those who respond first! These will take place at random times. They will be posted varying days & times and will remain open until all titles have been claimed.

Where in the World is Elrar?

Elrar has been visiting Telara and exploring every nook and cranny! Can you keep up with him? We want you to identify where he has been!

We will post a screenshot on the forum of Elrar taken somewhere in Telara. Find the same spot and take a screenshot of your character in the same place. Post it on the Official Forums. The first 15 people to post a shot of their own character in the same spot as Elrar will be awarded the in game title of “the Stalker!”

Winners will be announced on the forums and the titles will be distributed the following week.

(I swear he doesn't always talk in the third person )

Telaran Scavenger Hunt

We will post a clue on the forum for an item in Telara. Find the item in the game and take a screenshot of it in your character’s inventory. Post it on the Official Forums. The first 15 people who post a shot of their own character with the specified item will be awarded the in game title of “the Detective!”

Winners will be announced on the forums and the titles will be distributed the following week.

Trivia of Telara

We will post a trivia question about Rift on the forums, Facebook or Twitter. The first person to post the correct answer will be granted the title of “the Know-it-all.”

Community Titles

Apart from winning a community event, there are two other ways to gain a community title.

Guide Writing- Many of our community members have gone out of their way to make life a little easier for their fellow Telarans. They have written helpful guides and posted them on our forums. All of these writers will be awarded the title of “the Town Crier.” Any future writers who submit guides that are selected to be displayed on our forums will also be awarded this title.

Community Ambassador- Some community members go out of their way to help others and contribute to building a better Rift community. We recognize these folks for making such efforts with the title of “the Friendly.” We’ll be releasing more information about this program soon, so stay tuned!
    Last edited by Walsingham; 09-17-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Fixed scavenger hunt rules

Sez

Omg omg omg!

I can't wait! I love Scavenger hunts!!!

(Hey Elrar, were the [B]'s in the title added to lure me here?)
    Last edited by Sez; 07-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

RIFT Fan Site Operator Eaderbreca's Avatar

That seems totally awesome :P
    Elsabeth - Clarisse - Claire
    Seastone Defiants
    IGN's Rift Kingdom Manager http://rift.ign.com/

now this sounds like fun.

Can't wait sounds like fun.

Amazing idea. Good job Trion.

even though i doubt ill be one of the first 15 (or 1) to do these, ill still do them just because theyre fun, i love things like this

i play mmos more for the random things/collecting than any other content, so achievements, contests, artifacts, titles and just collecting random items (i still have my weapons from the RoS event) are all amazing fun to me

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Neat!

So about these guides, is there any intention to have protocol for stickying guides, or a dedicated forum for player-written guides? I got good feedback on my classic "How to Suck at City of Heroes/Villains", I suppose I should do one here too.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Sound like a lot of fun.
    Though getting one the the titles will be hard I will still try it.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Sounds awesome, just hope you save some of these to be posted up during EU times aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    Sounds awesome, just hope you save some of these to be posted up during EU times aswell
    To add to this too, could we maybe get a title for those players who dedicate time to making Rift videos down in the Fan Video section ?
    Last edited by Warbs; 07-03-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Shadowlander

where is "The Elitist" or "The Ignorant" ?
    lol j/k

anyway this event sounds cool

Awesome! Can't wait!
    If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Oooooh i like the sound of this! I'll definately try, just for a bit of fun

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

"the know-it-all" title shall be mine!

Muhahaha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast