+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Shard Tag: "Trial"

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default New Shard Tag: "Trial"

Greetings!

With today's update you may notice that several shards have been marked "Trial." These shards are the ones that we will be using for future large scale Trial programs such that they do not cause undue queues on paying servers, as we've all seen in the past. (We'll roll more info out on those new programs as their time comes.)

As always, under our current Trial program, new players remain welcome to sign up and play with their friends on existing shards, Trial or otherwise.

If you happen to be on a server that is now marked as a Trial shard, here are a few things you should know:

- For the time being, character creation is disabled for non-trial users on Trial shards.
    - Subscribers with characters on them are able to transfer for free to any of the available destination shards.
    - Subscribers can transfer characters of any level off of these shards (We're currently looking into an issue prohibiting transfers of characters under level 15)
    - Subscribers who log into a Trial shard will be informed that they should consider transferring to a new shard at their convenience.

For more information about Free Character Transfers please see: Free Character Transfer Guide
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-25-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Soulwalker

I don't understand why you didn't just make new servers for the trial accounts. It seems really stupid to force currently paying customers in a social game to move to another server. Really ****ing stupid.

I don't think most of us who started on Dimroot fancy the idea
    It's not winning that counts.
    It's making sure everyone else loses

Soulwalker

I agree.. why the heck can't I create another toon??? I'm PAYING YOU

Trion is offering you free transfer to a higher populated server. Your servers were ghost towns with no guild progression. You should be thankful for this opportunity. Gather your friends and guilds and move on to greener pastures.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Greetings!

- Subscribers can transfer characters of any level off of these shards

For more information about Free Character Transfers please see: Free Character Transfer Guide
    Not working as intended.......................

Soulwalker

This is unacceptable ! This is the funniest thing i 've seen in most of the game . Why don't they force people to transfer it to another shard ? And another things is Transfer to playable with friend ? Where all my friends are on that "Trial shard" ? Lolz. Make some good excuse please .

Quote Originally Posted by Zorfex View Post
    I don't understand why you didn't just make new servers for the trial accounts. It seems really stupid to force currently paying customers in a social game to move to another server. Really ****ing stupid.
    I think the purpose is to more or less 'put to rest' these dying servers. The server I play on currently, Stonecrest, will likely be on this chopping block (haven't logged in yet). MANY players have transferred. When populations diminish to certain levels, I think it's best to either combine servers (which forces you to a certain server) or kindly guide players to using the option of free character transfer (e.g. by making the server/shard a 'trial only' place).

Sounds like a decent means to an inevitable end to me. Then again, if you enjoy playing on a mostly-deserted server.. the post didn't say anything about mandatory moves. So.. enjoy?

M

Soulwalker

I'm unable to transfer a lvl 13 character off trial shard Perspice. I get a 'too low level' warning.

Angry

My server is hardly a ghost town. We have a well established guild and alliances. Trion is effectively forcing us to move to another server where names are most likely already taken. I cannot tell you how frustrated and angry I am right now.

The hardest part is going to find a server where everyone in the guild wants to go. This will fracture our group that we worked hard to put together and keep together. I cannot believe this is happening. It feels like the rug has just been ripped out from under me.
    Last edited by Daisame; 06-25-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian2011 View Post
    Trion is offering you free transfer to a higher populated server. Your servers were ghost towns with no guild progression. You should be thankful for this opportunity. Gather your friends and guilds and move on to greener pastures.
    Actually guild progression isn't that bad at all. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean which could be the case, A level 11 guild is good enough.

Personally I like lower populated areas, but that is just me.

So much for not forcing any one to move huh? No point in staying on a trial shard.
    "Paper is fine, nerf rock" -Scissors
    Officer of <Ascending Darkness> - Galena

Quote Originally Posted by Tuln View Post
    So much for not forcing any one to move huh? No point in staying on a trial shard.

I don't know really. I suppose I need to write a well written letter and send it registered mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisame View Post
    Trion is effectively forcing us to move to another server where names are most likely already taken
    See now there is the issue at hand. I don't want to give up my name(s)

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by Shinso42 View Post
    I'm unable to transfer a lvl 13 character off trial shard Perspice. I get a 'too low level' warning.
    We're currently looking into an issue prohibiting characters under level 15 from transferring - will update main thread with more info once it's available.

Thanks,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast