+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Join us on PTS For a Special Testing Event! - Thursday, 06/02/11 @ 3:00PM PDT

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Join us on PTS For a Special Testing Event! - Thursday, 06/02/11 @ 3:00PM PDT

The ancient halls of stone stir and ancient evils once again threaten all the lands of Telara. The ocean swells with the coming abyss as the raw elemental powers of Death and Water prepare to use the world as their battleground and destroy the Ward in their wake.

It falls to you, Ascended, to fight back these timeless foes and rid the world of their plague forever!

Join us tomorrow, June 2nd at 3:00PM PDT for a special test of the next World Event! This epic invasion is the first of many features to come with RIFT Update 1.3 and your help in preparing it for world-wide release will benefit everyone upon its release.

We look forward to seeing you on the Public Test Shard and will make leveling and gear merchants available tomorrow prior to the start of the test.

For more information on access the PTS please see: Welcome to the Public Test Shard! - Getting Started

Have fun!
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-01-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Will we be getting Patch notes for the Alpha shard any time soon?

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Likely next week at the earliest is when we'll be able to have a first cut of finalized notes - still a lot of things that are a WIP but we wanted to get some early testing underway for the event to make it as polished as possible - thanks

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Likely next week at the earliest is when we'll be able to have a first cut of finalized notes - still a lot of things that are a WIP but we wanted to get some early testing underway for the event to make it as polished as possible - thanks
    Thank you for this! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us!

Rift Disciple

nice! you guys are developing contents really fast

More Death stuff huh? Why not Air and Water? They seem like a good combination.
    Airic Knyght
    The Guardians
    |:|:| Saboteur |:|:| Riftstalker |:|:| Assassin |:|:|
    Recruitment Thread
    |:|:| "Libertas Ara Amplus" |:|:|

Because Water drowns you and then you die?

Telaran

I got excited when I read "battleground" and then remembered that this has nothing to do with adding PvP content.

Patch 1.1 = PvE
    Patch 1.2 = PvE
    Patch 1.3 = PvE

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by thedrumchannell View Post
    I got excited when I read "battleground" and then remembered that this has nothing to do with adding PvP content.

Patch 1.1 = PvE
    Patch 1.2 = PvE
    Patch 1.3 = PvE

Just stop it already. Both the 1.1 and 1.2 patches each had a tremendous number of changes for pvp class balancing. Don't act like pvp'ers are being ignored.

Telaran

Default Lol

Looks like by the typo, that this was set for June 6th, and apparently someone realized that we'd all be drooling over TOR E3 coverage. Moving on up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Imi View Post
    Just stop it already. Both the 1.1 and 1.2 patches each had a tremendous number of changes for pvp class balancing. Don't act like pvp'ers are being ignored.
    Balancing is not content (objectives, zones, warfronts etc). According to your login, it would be like TRION saying, "we'll fix bugs but no new events, raids etc in this update".

Telaran

Patch 1.1 = PvE
    Patch 1.2 = PvE
    Patch 1.3 = PvE
    OMG lol you realise most of, if not all of the changes PVE players hate in 1.1 and 1.2 have all been made to benifit the PVP Audience. Right? Half the servers or more are PVE. That means PVE should be seeing some love as well. Trion can not do what most failed producers do, say like SOE and pretend they only have one audience and focus almost exclusively to that audience. Say like Blizard sometimes does toward Raiders.

Content is going to make or break this game. The more access to content players have the happier they will be.

Rift Disciple

Ah... but the difference here is the PVP folks wont wait around long if there is no word on some serious new PVP content on it's way. PVE folks usually are more patient cus they can still PVE while they wait as there is still plenty of content there. Where PVP folk have 4 tiny arena's or non objective based open world pvp. Both are beyond boring with just a few exceptions. And you know thats fine, as we PVP folks can just leave and go play something else and leave this game to the PVE folks. I am having more fun in DAOC (a 9 year old game) right now anyway.

Shadowlander

oooo super exciting!
    server: sunrest
    leader: original ganksters
    www.og-alliance.com

Telaran

Balancing is not content (objectives, zones, warfronts etc). According to your login, it would be like TRION saying, "we'll fix bugs but no new events, raids etc in this update".
    Good think you don't design MMOs, hmmm come to think of it did you have anything to do with Age of Conan? Just asking

PvP is PvP. Sure the addition of new battlegrounds would be nice but lets say your a developer and your, lets say responsible for trying to keep a game, lets say, mainstream and you have a limited resource pool, what do you do? You can add content that every player uses, or almost all of them, or you can focus on a small subset of your population that statisticly probably isn't going to stay nearly as long as lets say the PVE or PVE / PVP mixed crowd.

Battle grounds are fun but I'm betting they have the stats to support their efforts. I'm sure they know where people are at and what they are doing. I have no doubt Trion is working on PVP content, I just don't think it's as important to anyone as quality balancing, world events and dungeon content.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast