+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Talk of Telara - #1

Default Talk of Telara - #1

Welcome to the first installation of Talk of Telara! So, what is Talk of Telara exactly? In short, it’s all about you, the RIFT community! We have such a diverse and talented community here, and want to regularly highlight some of the cool things our members are currently doing, as well as community news. Talk of Telara will be posted on the official RIFT forums every other Wednesday.

Without further ado, onward to the fun stuff!

If you haven't heard, the folks over at deviantART are running a really cool RIFT: Create a Collosus Contest that we encourage everyone to check out. They have some awesome submissions so far, but it's not too late to submit your own creation and have a chance to scoop up some of the great prizes deviantART has up for grabs! Check out the contest page and all the details here.

We have some very talented and creative people in our community, as seen by some of the great RIFT creations in our Fan Art and Fan Fiction forums. If you weren't selected this time, please don't fret! We'll be selecting new offerings every two weeks. Enjoy!

Fan Art

We always love to see the RIFT fan art our community members create! This time, we have fan art from typrop, Farorei, and Mizuko to share with you. Please check out each artist's gallery thread here on our forums to see the full-sized images!

Downtime Doodles - RIFT Fan Art by typrop

Farorei's Rift Arts - RIFT Fan Art by Farorei

My Fanart Drawings Mizuko and Miau - RIFT Fan Art by mizuko

Fan Fiction

Check out this great short story, written by community member Locklear93, about a bard named Rhiss and the life she now lives, but never asked for. Here’s a sneak peek!

Where it Ends Up - Written by Locklear93

Without a heartbeat's pause for argument, her fingers began to move, and music filled the air. No one spoke. As she played, Rhiss looked at her audience, and the room. The room's shifting light hid one detail, and changed another, but the plain stone walls matched the sturdiness of its occupants; the tired, weathered tables matched those people's worry-lined faces. Rhiss knew what had made her audience haggard, and seeing a few of those lines smooth as the men and women listening drifted on crescendo and diminuendo brought her the utmost satisfaction, and a relief she couldn't feel anywhere else.

Fan Videos/Music

In addition to some of the beautiful and engaging fan art and fan fiction created by the RIFT community, we also have some exceptionally talented musicians and machinima creators in our midst! Check out these very creative RIFT-inspired music and video offerings.

Warfront - Original RIFT Song by Layenem

SQUIRRELS - Rift Dance Video - Original RIFT Video by Qazaam

We have a truly amazing group of guide writers here in the RIFT community. Every week, we add new guides to our Rift Community Guide Compendium. We added so many new guides to our list in the past couple weeks (over 20), that we actually have too many to list here, so we've randomly selected a few new guides as examples of what you can expect to find on our full list. (Please note, some of our community guides do link to other websites.)

Apothecary Guide - Written by Elly

Dyes Guide - Written by Elly

[Guide-1.2] Melee Ranger v3.1 Umi Style - Written by SubM

[Guide to Healing] The 3x/3x/x builds - Written by Sokanon

Scarlet Gorge Mining Map - Written by Rushster

Also, you can always see which new RIFT guides have been posted by looking for the **NEW** tag next to each in our guides threads.

We’ve scoured our Shard forums, searching for community-run events and projects. If you have a shard community event or project you’d like to have added to this list or future Talk of Telara features, please PM someone on the Community Team with the details, or email us at community@riftgame.com. Here are some current and upcoming shard community events and projects that you may be interested in checking out!

Acta Luna Newsletter - This is a community-written "in-character" newsletter for the Faeblight shard community. We love this and can't wait to see more!

Faeblight Community Events Hosted by The Gaiscioch Family - Every week, the Gaiscioch Family hosts a plethora of fun events on the Faeblight shard. Check 'em out!

Telaran Artistry Traveling Craft Fair Stop #6 - The Telaran Artistry guild is will be stopping by the Argent Glade in Silverwood on the Faeblight shard with their Traveling Craft Fair on May 28th. Don't miss it!

Faeblight Community Ambassadors Project - The Faeblight shard community is looking for community ambassadors to help welcome new Ascended to the Faeblight shard. What a great project!

Shatterbone Extravaganza Hosted by Telaratorial - On May 29th, Telaratorial is hosting a shard-wide extravaganza on the Shatterbone shard. Come on out and meet the Shatterbone community, and participate for a chance to win prizes! EDIT: The folks running this event would also like to let everyone know that you can also participate in this event here, even if you aren't on the Shatterbone shard.

Thanks for checking out the very first Talk of Telara! We hope you enjoyed it, and will be on the lookout for more great community creations, news, and events for next time. If you have a shard event, community news, creative works, or anything else you’d like to see if the next Talk of Telara, please feel free to PM someone on the Community Team, or email us at community@riftgame.com for consideration.
    Last edited by Vespera; 06-20-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added an additional note about a shard event

RIFT Fan Site Operator CastigarFalknor's Avatar

Greetings,

Woot!!! We made the list!!!

Its kinda funny seeing the shards the community events are coming from...

Faeblight
    Faeblight
    Faeblight
    Faeblight...
    SHATTERBONE!!! Oh yeah!

Thanks for the extra coverage!

Onward My Friends,
    ~Cast
    ~Castigar Falknor~

*Telaratorial : The Rift Socialite*
    Rift Gameplay/Tutorial Videos

>>www.Telaratorial.com<<

"Success...to Earn the Appreciation of Honest Critics"

The folks at Telaratorial wanted us to let everyone know that the event they are running on the Shatterbone shard also has an online counterpart, for those not on the Shatterbone shard who would like to participate. I've added that in as an additional note for this event.

Ascendant

That's it. I'm rolling a toon on Faeblight. I keep hearing how nice it is over there so I gotta see!

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    The folks at Telaratorial wanted us to let everyone know that the event they are running on the Shatterbone shard also has an online counterpart, for those not on the Shatterbone shard who would like to participate. I've added that in as an additional note for this event.
    Vespera : "Let me see your identification"

[mind_trick]

Uber Castigar : "You don't need to see my identification"

Vespera : "I don't need to see your identification"

Uber Castigar : "You will add online competition link to original post"

Vespera : "I will add online competition to original post"

[/mind_trick]

...at least that's how I remembered it.

Thanks Vespera!

Onward My Friend,
    ~Cast
    ~Castigar Falknor~

>>www.Telaratorial.com<<

Quote Originally Posted by CastigarFalknor View Post
    Vespera : "Let me see your identification"

[mind_trick]

Uber Castigar : "You don't need to see my identification"

Vespera : "I don't need to see your identification"

Uber Castigar : "You will add online competition link to original post"

Vespera : "I will add online competition to original post"

[/mind_trick]

...at least that's how I remembered it.

Thanks Vespera!

Onward My Friend,
    ~Cast
    I didn't know there were Jedi in Telara.

I'm Alsbeth's second cousing twice removed...

"Weak minds crave domination..."
    ~Castigar Falknor~

>>www.Telaratorial.com<<

Soulwalker

Well if that's not motivation to finish the next part, I don't know what is...

Nice job Rhiss! I wasn't aware you had put this in Rift's official forums as well

Soulwalker

WOOT made the list on the first one? Great... now I've gotta live up to it lol

That's some sick artwork up there too!!! Wish I could draw a straight line haha

Marvelous!

RIFT Guide Writer

Can't believe I made it into the first one! Thanks for the mention!

Thanks so much for having the Telaran Artistry craft fair on your list. We love holding these events every couple week. YAY FAEBLIGHT!
    Telaran Artistry a Faeblight Role-Playing guild focused on making Telara beautiful through craft, poetry, song and story.
    Allure-Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon, Shae-Tactician/Bard, Luna-Warden/Defiler, Swayed-Bard/Ranger

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Eorith View Post
    I didn't know there were Jedi in Telara.
    Only Crucia's Storm Legion of self similar minds. Ward yourself with a sourcestone focus.

Thank you so much for having Acta Luna, Faeblights monthly In-character news source on your list. We're having a great time with this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast