+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Press Release - RIFT™ TO OFFER FREE CHARACTER TRANSFERS

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Press Release - RIFT™ TO OFFER FREE CHARACTER TRANSFERS

RIFT™ TO OFFER FREE CHARACTER TRANSFERS

Gather your friends in RIFT and play anywhere, any time

When the next major RIFT™ update hits early this summer, subscribers will be treated to a surprise – free character transfers. Trion Worlds announced today that with RIFT 1.3, players will have the ability to move to select servers in their territory once each week, taking all items, achievements, and titles with them. Additionally, guild leaders will be able to move their guild’s level and experience.

“MMOs are all about playing with your friends no matter which server they’re on, and that’s why we’re offering this as a free service to our subscribers,” said Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer. “RIFT is both a game and a service, and adding free server transfers is just one more way we can make this the best possible MMO experience available.”

Whether you want to play with friends, check out a new server, or avoid queue times on highly populated servers, you’ll be free to move about Telara. As a part of this grand experiment, there will initially be no limits on the number of times you can transfer your characters or guild.

Character transfers will remain a free service for the foreseeable future, and could become a permanent addition to the RIFT experience. Subscribers will be able to perform the transfers inside of the game itself once the patch is live.

For More Information - Read the FAQ
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-23-2011 at 07:58 AM.

That is awesome!

My question is though, will a faction change be offered when people transfer?
    Last edited by Sayomi; 05-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Wonderfull!

so... "when" ?

Aus
    Banned

Good! now I can gank all the crap players who rely on premades to get by, with no real skill of their own,talking massive amounts of %$^ while doing so. Time to compile a hit list.

You guys are ****ing amazing. I am so glad to see someone FINALLY take a step in the right direction, and take P2P Games away from all this micro-transaction ********.

Lately games have been moving in the direction where as long as something doesn't directly impact gameplay, P2P MMO's feel they may charge for it, instead of including it as a feature to their game.

This addition is a HUGE Step, not only for rift, but ALL Mmorpg's out there. Way to take a bold stand Trion, you guys just keep impressing the **** out of me. We pay a monthly fee, we should get ALL the features a game has to offer, and clearly you guys understand this. I applaud your epicness, keep it up guys.
    Last edited by Steb; 05-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Telaran

you need to rethink battleground server pools if you introduce that.
    in germany we have server pools with only two servers. there will be many transfers if it stay that way.
    Last edited by Ellkar; 05-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Soulwalker

While server transfers are a good thing, I worry about how often one can transfer... someone who earns a reputation on their server for bad behavior can escape it pretty easy. Plus I wonder if it'll hurt server communities.

I guess I'm just too used to how stupid people can be and worry about what the 1% of the population will do in order to muck things up for the rest of us who would use this service and not abuse it.

Wow, that is awesome Trion. Doing the right thing for the players yet again!!

This is a far better idea than the notion of a cross- server lfd tool.

The only question is that while the press release seems to indicate we're going to have unlimited transfers, it says something about "select servers." Will this be heavily restricted?

Telaran

Awesome news TRION. Now that is service for you!
    Rushster

Default People who bought accounts of tools and those who Warfront AFK'd to Rank 6 Rejoice!

I will be surprised if HOGG guild don't come back to your game for this!

People who bought accounts of tools and those who Warfront AFK'd to Rank 6 Rejoice!

Rift Disciple

Awesome, I have a feeling people who run raid guilds may find that quite a few of their members have ghosted away somewhere else mysteriously if things aren't going well though! hah

Still love this idea though.

Rift Disciple

Guys, don't be forgetting about names. Whilst a server change may appeal to many, will you be willing to change your name in order to do so if there is already someone on that shard with it.
    My name for example is used on 16 other shards, not that i'm considering a move though.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, this is amazing. This should be the standard for any MMO.
    Derezzed - 50 - Guardian
    Rank 4 PVP
    Guild - None ATM

Fantastic idea!
    I've always had the same problem on WoW, and having to pay for my movements just to end up on the same server frustrated me to the point I only did it once.
    There's probably going to be a few problems with this at first with people trying to jump ship on "failing" servers but I feel it will balance itself out over time.
    Just as you said, playing with friends is what MMOs are all about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast