+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT IRC Chat Today @ 1PM PDT w/ Sr. Content Designer, Gavin Irby!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default RIFT IRC Chat Today @ 1PM PDT w/ Sr. Content Designer, Gavin Irby!

Hi all,

www.RiftIRC.com is hosting a developer chat this afternoon at 1:00PM PDT. We'll be there with Senior Content Designer, Gavin Irby. He'll be talking Ancient Wardstones and answering questions about content design and the zones his team has worked on.

If you don't have an IRC client yourself RiftIRC.com offers a couple of great web clients to allow you to participate more easily.

We hope to see you there!

IRC Developer Chat @ RiftIRC.com

Missed the Chat? Read the Transcript!
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-23-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Shadowlander

Will there be a transcript of the session posted afterwards for those unable to attend due to RL things like work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydares View Post
    thx

/10char

Hm, discussion on wardstones.
    Last edited by MeganW; 05-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Not exactly new content which is what the players want. Constantly cramming new events into zones might seem like new content to the developers, but those who are level 50, new zones would be much more appreciated. Stating that new players are constantly joining Rift causes me to think, because I am not seeing them. What I am seeing are existing players creating new characters.

We need new scenery, new lands to explore, new selections of shinies, new armour, weapon designs. One can but continue to hope.

Fixing the massive amount of bugs already in the game would be nice to see too.
    "Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Josaline View Post
    Not exactly new content which is what the players want. Constantly cramming new events into zones might seem like new content to the developers, but those who are level 50, new zones would be much more appreciated. Stating that new players are constantly joining Rift causes me to think, because I am not seeing them. What I am seeing are existing players creating new characters.

We need new scenery, new lands to explore, new selections of shinies, new armour, weapon designs. One can but continue to hope.
    I can only agree with this.
    As it stands now, our characters are more replaceable than our gear...
    My character is not a coat hanger!

Ascendant

wrong questions ...

New areas? New content? Were people on Actiblizzard this fast after vanilla WoW was realeased? Seriously? The game's been out seven weeks. There's been new content added with each patch, and the quantum sight areas definately in the works. Brand new game folks, don't expect new continents seven weeks in. Geez. Seriously.
    "What have you got?"
    "Skid marks."
    "Now who's being childish?"

Telaran

How were these questions selected or was it an aranged set of questions? I certainly may not be an average player but I don't think the people I know would have asked even one of those questions. We're more concerned with empty Servers, the same content day after day after day that is beginning to get really boring when even that is hard to do on a regular basis because of insanely low populations on many servers. Our server has been shrinking and the people I know who have left did so because PUGs often suck, there isn't much to do that's new after 2 or 3 weeks, then you get to do it over and over and over. I really like the game but it needs to become deeper than it is and reasonably quickly.

Voluntary server moves might help but they might cause sever consolidation and that's never good for a game that doesn't want to look like it's population has taken a huge hit, even if it has. Rift started with way to many servers.
    Last edited by endless Bishop; 05-22-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by endless Bishop View Post
    How were these questions selected or was it an aranged set of questions?
    Selected by either the channel operators or the developers them selves.

Quote Originally Posted by endless Bishop View Post
    I certainly may not be an average player but I don't think the people I know would have asked even one of those questions. We're more concerned with empty Servers, the same content day after day after day that is beginning to get really boring when even that is hard to do on a regular basis because of insanely low populations on many servers. Our server has been shrinking and the people I know who have left did so because PUGs often suck, there isn't much to do that's new after 2 or 3 weeks, then you get to do it over and over and over. I really like the game but it needs to become deeper than it is and reasonably quickly.
    I'll see what can be pulled up for future IRC Fridays. I know a class dev chat was one, along side with a PVP dev chat was another highly requested chat subject.

You're welcome to PM me suggestions.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 05-22-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Missed a [ on the quote! :(
    --BC

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxxish View Post
    New areas? New content? Were people on Actiblizzard this fast after vanilla WoW was realeased? Seriously? The game's been out seven weeks. There's been new content added with each patch, and the quantum sight areas definately in the works. Brand new game folks, don't expect new continents seven weeks in. Geez. Seriously.
    This times 1000000000 million. This is what people need to realize. Its a new game give it time. I have still having fun at 50, just need to do something about LFD now that it is half way fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Josaline View Post

Fixing the massive amount of bugs already in the game would be nice to see too.
    Soooo.. you need an expansion that you pay $40 more for? You better strain your patience muscles then because you're going to wait at least another 12 months for that to happen!

Champion

Eve online's figured out how to deliver expansion class content for free...

Uhhh. Neither of my questions were on the list and both were relevant to the conversation at hand.

....Please stop lobbing softballs at the devs. I am certain there were questions that were down the middle of the plate at 100 miles an hour that need to be asked NOW.

daayou asks: What level is the phat lewtz? Is it t3 level?
    Are you kidding me? You ask for reasonable questions and state that they'll be screened and you choose this?!

I do like the fact that the wardstone consideration and RVR were touched upon but the n00b questions like

gett asks: What are the structures that look similar to ancient Ward stones? ie the one by zarephs as you go toward the 24/7 earth rifts?
    How in the hell does this question get asked? For one Its Wyrmscale He might be talking about MAYBE. After all THEY have the earth rifts... (AND ITS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FLIPPIN MAP!) But ever since the RoS event wardstones got heavily altered in appearance.

Seriously. I'm disappointed and i'm glad i was running T2's instead of watching this. I'm disappointed.
    Last edited by Hyperion5182; 05-23-2011 at 07:56 AM.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

FYI all, I've included a link to the transcript of the chat for those who missed it on Friday - enjoy!

http://riftirc.com/main/content-designer-gavin-irby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast