Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Event 04/28 @ 4:00PM PDT – New Zone Invasions!

  1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager Elrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,593

    Default PTS Event 04/28 @ 4:00PM PDT – New Zone Invasions!

    Let’s get ready to rumble!

    1.2 has a lot of great new features and content - From the Looking for Group tool to brand new 10-man Slivers and Rift Raids, we’re making Telara a more dynamic and dangerous place with each update. But we haven’t stopped there! We’ve also added in all-new Zone Events to Stillmoor, Shimmersand, and Iron Pine Peak. Now we need your help to test them!

    Join us Thursday, April 28th for a battle royale at 4:00PM PDT (11:00PM GMT) on the Public Test Shard. Help us repel these planar invaders, make dust out of the colossi, and save the Corgis (maybe Telara while you’re at it) from certain doom! Your help and feedback ensures these events are enjoyable for yourself and others when they are released world-wide with Update 1.2.

    We’ll have leveling and gear merchants by the Porticulums in both Sanctum and Meridian if you don’t have a level 50 on PTS already. Don’t forget to purchase a mount – you’ll need to get yourself to the right zones!

    This is a great opportunity to see everything else that is coming to RIFT in Update 1.2. For instructions on how to access the PTS, read the latest notes, and share your feedback check out the brand new Public Test Server Forum – We look forward to seeing you there

    New Zone Invasions

    Stillmoor – An Eye for An Eye
    • Picture Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Mechagodzilla. This is a clash of the titans between 3 collosi as you fight in a three-way-battle of titanic proportions!

    Iron Pine Peak – Planar Chill
    • Stretching along the spine of the zone you will need to defend and hold strategic points across the map and defend the Icewatch from the maelstrom of invaders from the Plane of Air.

    Shimmersand – Scourge of the Sands
    • Merchant Caravans herd their precious cargo towards safer footholds across the treacherous desert of Shimmersand. Escort and defend these vulnerable lifelines and stop the Plane of Earth from cutting off the trade routes.
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Muffinmans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Instersting.... Should be fun =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Time to go level that alt to 10 real fast. I am really looking forward to this Trion.

  4. #4
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,994

    Default

    How does the three-way battle work (if it does at all) for unflagged PvE players?

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Neuronicercasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Sounds great! Good job!
    Mage 50 (fresh/parked) / Warrior 50 (beginning T1/parked) / Rogue 50 (beginning T1/active) / Cleric 50 (fresh/parked)

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Escort and defend these vulnerable lifelines and stop the Plane of Earth from cutting off the trade routes.
    No, for the love of crap no.

    Why would you take the worst feature of most games and turn it into an invasion?

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    Exclamation

    When you upgrade an auction house?

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default Trion, mind changing the EXP on level 50 Dungeon Dailies to something useful??

    If you notice the link below you can clearly see that Trion is still giving EXP for T1 and T2 dungeons that are clearly for people who are already level capped.
    Trion, I am not trying to rant but it is getting a bit irritating to see daily dungeons and quest give experience with the gold when we are already level capped and have no need for experience. Give us something a bit more useful with the gold like maybe bonus REP, or extra gold. I have ticketed this issue a couple of times in-game and am hoping you correct it soon. Per the screenshot it doesn't seem like you are or maybe it was an oversight since it is still on the test server.
    I just wanted to bring it to your attention once again and hopefully it is corrected.

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04...ups/#continued
    Last edited by kylowe; 04-27-2011 at 10:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kylowe View Post
    If you notice the link below you can clearly see that Trion is still giving EXP for T1 and T2 dungeons that are clearly for people who are already level capped.
    Trion, I am not trying to rant but it is getting a bit irritating to see daily dungeons and quest give experience with the gold when we are already level capped and have no need for experience. Give us something a bit more useful with the gold like maybe bonus REP, or extra gold. I have ticketed this issue a couple of times in-game and am hoping you correct it soon. Per the screenshot it doesn't seem like you are or maybe it was an oversight since it is still on the test server.
    I just wanted to bring it to your attention once again and hopefully it is corrected.

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04...ups/#continued
    Why bother removing it? once the first expansion is released players will use that XP on their way to 51 and onwards. Sure its useless now to level 50 players, but it wont always be. No point deleting code only to have to put it back in again!

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Kocina View Post
    When you upgrade an auction house?

    I just read a list of changes and go back to what I wrote earlier. It's great that finally have added Looking for Group tool

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Thats great and all Trion...

    How about making the ascended power for viewing slivers free for the event? Or placing a vendor that gives the 25k planarite needed to buy it out there?

    Ill happily test things but thats a bit nutty. You arent going to get that aspect tested much if people have to grind rifts for hours just to get the power.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    We’ll have leveling and gear merchants by the Porticulums in both Sanctum and Meridian if you don’t have a level 50 on PTS already. Don’t forget to purchase a mount – you’ll need to get yourself to the right zones!
    WOAH ! Wait a second... you saying we don't need to grind a toon to 50 on the PTS? Your just giving us the levels and gear?
    Last edited by Kemble; 04-28-2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Keenblade - 50 Warrior - R8
    Riftdrawals - A Facebook group for Rift fans going through Riftdrawals
    Pak'Cafan - A multi gaming community since 1999. Now recruiting for Rift.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemble View Post
    WOAH ! Wait a second... you saying we don't need to grind a toon to 50 on the PTS? Your just giving us the levels and gear?
    they have to, else testing the new stuff (which is most of the time for lvlcap) would be pointless if ppl had to lvl normally. ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Domo View Post
    Why bother removing it? once the first expansion is released players will use that XP on their way to 51 and onwards. Sure its useless now to level 50 players, but it wont always be. No point deleting code only to have to put it back in again!


    new expansion will also have new quests for 50. it's just pointless to have xp as reward.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Domo View Post
    Why bother removing it? once the first expansion is released players will use that XP on their way to 51 and onwards. Sure its useless now to level 50 players, but it wont always be. No point deleting code only to have to put it back in again!
    They don't have to actually remove it. Just do what Blizzard did in WoW and convert the XP to gold for anyone who is currently at the max level. That way, the quests will start yielding XP for everyone again whenever an expansion increases the level cap.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Tarka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowaysis View Post
    They don't have to actually remove it. Just do what Blizzard did in WoW and convert the XP to gold for anyone who is currently at the max level. That way, the quests will start yielding XP for everyone again whenever an expansion increases the level cap.
    Agreed. I don't think it would be hard to put a condition statement in for all quests whose quest level is equal to the current cap so that it gave more rep and gold than XP.

    Then if the cap is ever raised, it would automatically no longer give extra rep and gold and become another quest used for leveling up.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts