+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: River of Souls World Event Extended

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default River of Souls World Event Extended

Hail Ascended!

We want to thank everyone for coming out today and taking part in the most massive event RIFT has ever seen. Our first run this morning on the European servers was a true test of the platform we have built and a learning experience for us all. With the hold on the final phases in the River of Souls event we have decided to extend Phase 1 an additional week.

This extension will allow everyone more opportunities to earn the event rewards, but we’re not stopping there! Here are a couple of improvements you can look forward to in the next day:
    • Increasing the amount of Otherworldy Sourcestones you can earn from Death Rifts and Invasions
    • More new rewards for purchase from the World Event merchant!

We’re working on rolling these changes out and will share the full details when they go live.

In the end, more people will have the opportunity to enjoy the event and all the rewards that come with it. We’re thrilled by how many of you turned up today and your encouragement is why we are committed to providing first-class World Events– anything less is unacceptable.

So enjoy the extra week and brand new rewards – We’ll see you next Saturday (04/16/11) at 12:00PM server time when we push Alsbeth back to her bastion once and for all!

Have a great weekend,
    The RIFT Development Team

Shadowlander

Awesome. =] Now people can make plans to be on next weekend and hopefully everything will be set by then Thanks for the update =]

Awesome, guess i wil log in in a week then.

Thats awesome.

NO REST FOR THE WICKED.

General of Telara

Time to think of yet another excuse as to why I need to finish work early

Well so glad I kept onto my stones, just incase you added more items to the vendor

Ah crap, I just spent my shards today. At least we will be able to get an increased amount since they are coming out with more rewards. I was going to save my shards in case they did, but decided to spend them before I knew they weren't doing phase two today.
    I'm full of twit.
    Aleve the Cleric // Elder of Valhallas Fallen // Wolfsbane [Site] [Disbanded]
    Eff Blizzard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyBoy View Post
    Awesome. =] Now people can make plans to be on next weekend and hopefully everything will be set by then Thanks for the update =]
    ...and guess which weekend I'm now busy, having cleared this one for the live event. Oh well, goodbye to completing the 'Grim' achievements, I guess. [/ironic cheer]

On the plus side, cheers for the clarity Elrar.

Shadowlander

I want to know what the new items will be. I've been saving up for the 500 Sourcestone Guise, but maybe I'll save for something else.

BTW, does anyone know if we will still be able to purchase from the vendor once phase two starts? Basically, will we be able to purchase until the end of the entire event, or does it change after the first phase?
    Last edited by Goride; 04-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Shadowlander

Thanks Elrar! Best decision possible, IMHO.

And now I'll have something to do with those extra stones.

How about some tanking rings?

Shadowlander

I've been saying this whole event it should be a week longer, and I'm glad to see it extended, even in the face/because of difficulties.

Also, I jump at the chance to acquire more vanity items.

All in all, they tried something for the first time, they had difficulties, and then they added more goodies for us to enjoy until they are sure it is ready to go. I can't complain.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not sucking up - I'm just not annoyed at all. Collecting more things pleases me :P

Also, the buff in shards is definitely needed, haha.

Rift Disciple

Tell the devs I said good luck with the late nights over the next week!

Great... I took today off of work. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hail Ascended!

We want to thank everyone for coming out today and taking part in the most massive event RIFT has ever seen. Our first run this morning on the European servers was a true test of the platform we have built and a learning experience for us all. With the hold on the final phases in the River of Souls event we have decided to extend Phase 1 an additional week.

This extension will allow everyone more opportunities to earn the event rewards, but we’re not stopping there! Here are a couple of improvements you can look forward to in the next day:
    • Increasing the amount of Otherworldy Sourcestones you can earn from Death Rifts and Invasions
    • More new rewards for purchase from the World Event merchant!

We’re working on rolling these changes out and will share the full details when they go live.

In the end, more people will have the opportunity to enjoy the event and all the rewards that come with it. We’re thrilled by how many of you turned up today and your encouragement is why we are committed to providing first-class World Events– anything less is unacceptable.

So enjoy the extra week and brand new rewards – We’ll see you next Saturday (04/16/11) at 12:00PM server time when we push Alsbeth back to her bastion once and for all!

Have a great weekend,
    The RIFT Development Team

Telaran

Aside from people *****ing, thank you all at Trion for going above and beyond to roll out this event in a manner that will not only make us, the customer happy, but all succeed with your technology. I await the hordes of hell with much excitement! If waiting another week is what it takes, my blade can wait for the blood!

Code sucks, I know this from personal experience. Keep fighting the good fight.

Soulwalker

Cool I work next weekend. Wont see you there. Thanks for nothing.

Even more items? Doh, I wouldn't have bought 3 extra Guises if I knew that would happen!

Oh well, guess it's time to go farm even more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast