Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: All Shards - Phase 2 of the World Event has Been Delayed

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation All Shards - Phase 2 of the World Event has Been Delayed

Update - 3:00PM PDT: Please see the latest update in its own thread and continue the conversation there! River of Souls World Event Extended One Week

Hi all,

With the opening of the final phases of the River of Souls World Event in Europe we have identified several issues that only came to light in a live server environment. Due to this we have had to temporarily disable the World Event in Europe and are delaying the opening of the event on North American shards until a full investigation and corrections can be made.

We do not have a specific ETA at this time and apologize for the delay. We strive to provide a high-quality experience and will not start the event until it meets those standards. In the meantime, all players in Europe and North America can continue to participate in Phase 1 of the world event and earn Otherworldy Sourcestones. Thank you for your patience and understanding, we will keep you updated when additional information is available.

Jump to my next post
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks for the update

Soulwalker

Thanks for the info Elrar,

But as others have already asked, can we atleast get clue (doesn't need to be specific ETA) if it *might* happen in a few hours or another day in the future, so that we can plan our lives and not waste a Saturday.

Keep up the good work and the bug squashing.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hi all,

With the opening of the final phases of the River of Souls World Event in Europe we have identified several issues that only came to light in a live server environment. Due to this we have had to temporarily disable the World Event in Europe and are delaying the opening of the event on North American shards until a full investigation and corrections can be made.

We do not have a specific ETA at this time and apologize for the delay. We strive to provide a high-quality experience and will not start the event until it meets those standards. In the meantime, all players in Europe and North America can continue to participate in Phase 1 of the world event and earn Otherworldy Sourcestones. Thank you for your patience and understanding, we will keep you updated when additional information is available.
    A message on the NA shards might be nice as a lot of people were waiting on the event.

OPEN NEW RAID DUNGEON WITHOUT YOUR BUGGED EVENT PLS!!!!!!!!
    Elventy/NW
    Creric - R8 - Icewatch - Defiants

Soulwalker

i'll quote myself from the closed thread

my 2Cent

deaktivate the event worldwide,

fix the bugs, get the server stable

think about the rewards in phase 2+3

and next weekend we will do it again,

phase 2 on Sat with much slower spawning bosses. i looted a quest item - have to find some things but i didn't found the things because the events was over b4 i was able to finsih the quest.

and Phase 3 on Sunday on a spot which have more room to fight. maybe in front of this castle? and not on the top. despawn the mobs in this area when the event starts
    Last edited by Sindo; 04-09-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriska View Post
    OPEN NEW RAID DUNGEON WITHOUT YOUR BUGGED EVENT PLS!!!!!!!!
    Oh come on now where's the excitement in that?

I'm happy for this (the delay not the unfortunate bugs) since it means I may actually have a chance to participate now. Good luck and hope it gets fixed soon!

Shadowlander

I guess this was to be expected, but I'm really curious on this:

The extra sourcestone that the EU realms most likely got from Phase 2, they are going to be keeping it I'm assuming? While I'm not usually one to complain about "unfair," it really kinda is unfair from the standpoint if the event restarts from Phase 2 for them, they get even more sourcestone. QQ :P

Anyway, hope you can get the bugs worked out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hi all,

You guys should think of having a TEST SERVER, to try out these events and new stuff beforre releasing them, liike most of the Big MMO,s out there!!

Thanks for letting us know, really dissapointed though.

Mostly because my guilds been waiting on the event, and most of us have cleared the day for the event (NA) (or in my case, the night)

Sadly, i guess its not to be

They did test them on a test server. It just didnt work :P
    Last edited by Niyo; 04-09-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyBoy View Post
    I guess this was to be expected, but I'm really curious on this:

The extra sourcestone that the EU realms most likely got from Phase 2, they are going to be keeping it I'm assuming? While I'm not usually one to complain about "unfair," it really kinda is unfair from the standpoint if the event restarts from Phase 2 for them, they get even more sourcestone. QQ :P

Anyway, hope you can get the bugs worked out soon.
    They were only getting small amounts of stones from bosses (eg 25), so not a big deal.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cathgar View Post
    They were only getting small amounts of stones from bosses (eg 25), so not a big deal.
    I was messing around about what I said. 8D

Plane Walker

I would advise making this event for tomorrow since you have to delay it..give people time to plan their game times again.
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Delay

I for one prefer delays if it makes it a better product. I just hope there's at least a 24 hour notice / update before it launches so I can plan my schedule accordingly. Like I had for today. I'd hate to miss anything do to just a random spontaneous update while I was otherwise occupied.

At least it gives my guild some time to log on...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast