+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: River of Souls Event Update Incoming!

Rift Team

Default River of Souls Event Update Incoming!

Let me start out with saying thanks to everyone that has logged in over the past week on ALPHA and LIVE to join us in the 1.1 River of Soul Event! A World event marks a new chapter in RIFT’s development and as with any new feature we’re committed to rapidly iterating on player feedback and improving it.

With that in mind we’ve cooked up a number of fixes that will be pushed out to our LIVE servers before the weekend. These changes focus on addressing many of the concerns players have brought up about rewards, and content availability.

Content Availability

We’ve made a number of changes to ensure that plenty of River of Souls event content is available, especially in our higher level zones.
    • Significantly increased the rate in which both Death and River of Souls event content spawns. This includes invasions, rifts, and zone events!
    • Increased the minimum number of rifts that can be open in many of our higher level zones including Ironpine, Stillmoor, and Shimmersand.

Improved Daily Quests

In addition to increasing the amount of content we have made further changes to the Daily quests to encourage player to play in level appropriate zones and not ruin the experience for other players.
    • River of Souls daily quests will only credit players for activities appropriate to their level. For example closing rifts well below your level will not earn you credit toward completing your daily quest.

Otherworldly Sourcestone

We have significantly increased the rate in which otherworldly sourcestone enters the world, giving players more opportunity to earn some of the awesome event rewards.
    • Significantly increased the reward for Daily quests.
    • Added Otherworldly Sourcestone drops to all Death rifts, invasions and zone events.
    • Increased the rewards given out for River of Souls event rifts, invasions and zone events.

Death Themed Event Weapons

Players who find the Shadetouched Weapon Cache will have the opportunity to earn new death themed rare weapons across all level ranges.
    • Shadetouched Weapon Cache’s appropriate for a zone’s level can be found as a reward for event content in that zone.
    • The Quantity of Caches discovered will continue to escalate as the event progresses, don’t worry if you don’t find one right away!

Reward Store Updated!

With the increase otherworldly sourcestone drops we figured it would also be great to add more rewards to the store as well.
    • Two new companion pets have been added to the store!
    • Added an epic death themed accessories for each calling
    • Reduced the price on the Touch of the Shade and Guise of Death event items

As you can see it’s been a busy few days for us, and we look forward to seeing how our first World Event plays out over the next week. Thanks again for all the great feedback!

Cheers!
    -Gersh

Great news for everyone. Thanks for paying attention and responding quickly as always! <3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    Let me start out with saying thanks to everyone that has logged in over the past week on ALPHA and LIVE to join us in the 1.1 River of Soul Event! A World event marks a new chapter in RIFT’s development and as with any new feature we’re committed to rapidly iterating on player feedback and improving it.

With that in mind we’ve cooked up a number of fixes that will be pushed out to our LIVE servers before the weekend. These changes focus on addressing many of the concerns players have brought up about rewards, and content availability.

Content Availability

We’ve made a number of changes to ensure that plenty of River of Souls event content is available, especially in our higher level zones.
    • Significantly increased the rate in which both Death and River of Souls event content spawns. This includes invasions, rifts, and zone events!
    • Increased the minimum number of rifts that can be open in many of our higher level zones including Ironpine, Stillmoor, and Shimmersand.

Improved Daily Quests

In addition to increasing the amount of content we have made further changes to the Daily quests to encourage player to play in level appropriate zones and not ruin the experience for other players.
    • River of Souls daily quests will only credit players for activities appropriate to their level. For example closing rifts well below your level will not earn you credit toward completing your daily quest.

Otherworldly Sourcestone

We have significantly increased the rate in which otherworldly sourcestone enters the world, giving players more opportunity to earn some of the awesome event rewards.
    • Significantly increased the reward for Daily quests.
    • Added Otherworldly Sourcestone drops to all Death rifts, invasions and zone events.
    • Increased the rewards given out for River of Souls event rifts, invasions and zone events.

Death Themed Event Weapons

Players who find the Shadetouched Weapon Cache will have the opportunity to earn new death themed rare weapons across all level ranges.
    • Shadetouched Weapon Cache’s appropriate for a zone’s level can be found as a reward for event content in that zone.
    • The Quantity of Caches discovered will continue to escalate as the event progresses, don’t worry if you don’t find one right away!

Reward Store Updated!

With the increase otherworldly sourcestone drops we figured it would also be great to add more rewards to the store as well.
    • Two new companion pets have been added to the store!
    • Added an epic death themed accessories for each calling
    • Reduced the price on the Touch of the Shade and Guise of Death event items

As you can see it’s been a busy few days for us, and we look forward to seeing how our first World Event plays out over the next week. Thanks again for all the great feedback!

Cheers!
    -Gersh
    Massive applause. You guys continue to impress. Some very cool additions here beyond what players were asking for, which is especially impressive.

Though I REALLY hope you guys can find some way to extend phase 2 so those of us that are unable to be there for the short time frame on Saturday can get a whack at it. Plenty of time for you all to come up with a solution for that so I'll leave it at that.

Cool to hear that as I suspected this will escalate as time goes on. Very cool.

Telaran

Pretty bummed that I spent all my currency on the pet earlier thinking I wouldn't be able to play enough to buy anything else. Hopefully the new rates make it possible for me to catch back up.

edit: rad update, though.
    Last edited by Phoix; 03-31-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Thumbs up. Really nice update. Thanks for listening.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Banned

thank you so much for this Gersch because I know I was personally raging about this myself. Can you please please look into these Pyro claims starting to pop up and post anything about maybe a bug or it being looked into?

Anyways thanks so much for the updates.

I was starting to get really bummed out with this event, but this update sounds great. Looking forward to it!

Soulwalker

Default <3 u guys

Awesome job!
    Amazing how fast you guys responded to what players were asking for.
    I for one was happy as is with the event as it was just starting imo, but this definately makes it even more worth while taking part in!
    Keep up the good work, I for one will renew my sub for sure!

This is great news! Thank you for making these adjustments!

Goes to show that the devs here are bloody awesome, me and my fiancee play together on here and we love it and got so excited by this world event but when it was implemented we were confused on wot the hell was going on and annoyed by the high level rift ****** in freemarch to the point were we just carried on questing were so so so pleased with this update big hugs and kisses to you trion

although i am still a little confused on how to do the phase 1/2 and 3 quest ?? and these weapon cache's wot are they just boxes sat somewere for us to find or isit a quest reward or isit like your amazing puzzles that i love finding im only lvl 32 atm but hopefully can try n get high enough lvl to take part in killing alsbeth which i think is what im guessing is phase 3 and i know that will take place in stillmoor but i dunno wot to do with the other 2 phase's please help

again thank you so uch for this update :

Love it ... well done and thanks to your team.
    When all is said and done ... too much is said than done.
    Rome wasn't created by meetings. They did it by killing their enemies.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by W1LL3y3 View Post
    Goes to show that the devs here are bloody awesome, me and my fiancee play together on here and we love it and got so excited by this world event but when it was implemented we were confused on wot the hell was going on and annoyed by the high level rift ****** in freemarch to the point were we just carried on questing were so so so pleased with this update big hugs and kisses to you trion

although i am still a little confused on how to do the phase 1/2 and 3 quest ?? and these weapon cache's wot are they just boxes sat somewere for us to find or isit a quest reward or isit like your amazing puzzles that i love finding im only lvl 32 atm but hopefully can try n get high enough lvl to take part in killing alsbeth which i think is what im guessing is phase 3 and i know that will take place in stillmoor but i dunno wot to do with the other 2 phase's please help

again thank you so uch for this update :
    Don't think you will be killing Alsbeth...she's the final boss in River of Souls raid instance. But trust me Phase 3 is epic. If you aren't 50 though and do manage to get to the area where it takes place be prepared to die..ALOT.

As for the weapon's cache's..this wasn't on alpha so I have no idea but I'm excited to find out. I would imagine they are a lootbag drop from invasions and major rifts but who knows. His wording made me think that way but its a mystery. I'm excited to try and figure it out!

Thumbs up Thank you...

For having such an awesome sense of customer service Trion. I made a ticket with the issue "Stuck" yesterday, and 10 minutes after i confirmed it, a GM popped in my chat. Hot stuff ! <3
    I n t h e w a r f r o n t s h e a l i n g y o u r b u t t o c k s o f f

Shadowlander

Great event, allthough your "awesome event rewards" look a lot *meh* to me.
    Who needs another companion tbh ? at 600 "currencies", i don't for sure.

Add some usefull stuff to the store and not the 3 items i saw last night.

Plane Touched

Now make Otherworldly Sourcestone stored in the currency tab and maybe i'll start doing the event.
    Last edited by Fufy; 03-31-2011 at 10:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast